Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Malky Mackay in tears '

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:25 am

Malky Mackay in tears.

An emotional Malky Mackay wins the Championship for Cardiff City and takes the Welsh Club to the to top flight football for the first time in 51 years :bluebird:

In 2 seasons Malky has achieved what other CCFC managers failed to do in over 50 yrs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Four years ago / Appeared on my Facebook time-line today.

Just Look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9HS0GqNm7Y :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sky tv today photo of Cardiff fans away at Burnley (1,300 City fans)
:bluebird: WE ARE CHAMPIONS :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Malky Mackay in tears '

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:35 am

In fairness to him got the job done that no other manager did but also had the budget no other Cardiff manager had. The football was not the best but we were well organised and he knew how to close out a game at championship level. In the premiership we were on the slide and I don't think he would have kept us up mainly due to the tough run of away fixtures in January and February. There were some good and bad signings but these have been discussed to the hilt as has his demise which he only has himself to blame.

I would love to have seen Dave Jones and now Neil Warnock given the budget he had :thumbup:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:40 am

Mate, best manager this clubs ever had :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:46 am

Dobbin wrote:In fairness to him got the job done that no other manager did but also had the budget no other Cardiff manager had. The football was not the best but we were well organised and he knew how to close out a game at championship level. In the premiership we were on the slide and I don't think he would have kept us up mainly due to the tough run of away fixtures in January and February. There were some good and bad signings but these have been discussed to the hilt as has his demise which he only has himself to blame.

I would love to have seen Dave Jones and now Neil Warnock given the budget he had :thumbup:

Dobbins, Malky never had one of the biggest budgets for a Championship club, many club managers have failed to succeed with their budgets, Ole spent twice Malky,what did he achieve?

Dobbins,Malky was given a budget and achieved total success on the first time of asking, not only promotion,but won the Championship easily, what more could he have done that season,please tell me? ? ?

Answer the questions :thumbright:

Dave Jones :lol: :lol:

Ask other clubs fans about Jones :lol:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Dobbin wrote:In fairness to him got the job done that no other manager did but also had the budget no other Cardiff manager had. The football was not the best but we were well organised and he knew how to close out a game at championship level. In the premiership we were on the slide and I don't think he would have kept us up mainly due to the tough run of away fixtures in January and February. There were some good and bad signings but these have been discussed to the hilt as has his demise which he only has himself to blame.

Dobbins, Malky never had one of the biggest budgets for a Championship club, many club managers have failed to succeed with their budgets, Ole spent twice Malky,what did he achieve?

Dobbins,Malky was given a budget and achieved total success on the first time of asking, not only promotion,but won the Championship easily, what more could he have done that season,please tell me? ? ?

Ole only spent 6 million ,malky had the most money of any cardiff city manager ever had and thats a fact annis ,he played you like a fiddle and continues to this day the 2nd post in two days you put on this ,if malky is so wonderful why wont anyone touch him

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 am

I agree MM wouldn't have kept us up in the PL. His game plan was falling apart and that was most apparent by the way Southampton took us apart in the home game on Boxing Day. He did brilliantly getting us promoted and winning the Championship title but he failed to evolve the way the other two sides who went up with us (Hull & Crystal Palace) both did.

As for budgets he did marvellously well with what he was given in the Championship but was a complete disaster when it came to the big bucks in the PL.

The fact he failed so badly at Wigan proved he can't work without money or improve a squad simply by coaching them better and motivating them (i.e. in Neil Warnock style) and it is no surprise he can't now get a decent management job.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:

To answer your question about what more could he have done, well he could have produced a more entertaining brand of football. TBH he did get us over the line but the reality is he was just a more successful version of Russell Slade.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:34 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ole only spent 6 million ,malky had the most money of any cardiff city manager ever had and thats a fact annis ,he played you like a fiddle and continues to this day the 2nd post in two days you put on this ,if malky is so wonderful why wont anyone touch him

Are you joking? Ole bought ALF, Burgstaller, Morrison, Manga, Adeyemi, Pilkington, Guerra, Dikaghoi and Macheda! He spent an absolute fortune, and we've only got 3 of them at the club 3 years later.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:37 am

petesmeat wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Are you joking? Ole bought ALF, Burgstaller, Morrison, Manga, Adeyemi, Pilkington, Guerra, Dikaghoi and Macheda! He spent an absolute fortune, and we've only got 3 of them at the club 3 years later.

Most of them are free transfers manga was the highest at 3 million

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 am

wez1927 wrote:
petesmeat wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wez you are way out Ole spent nearer 15 million and the free transfers would have included huge signing on fees and wages and he managed to get very little value for money.

Malkys transfer budget was nowhere near as big as people make out...if I'm right his biggest fee was only 2.5 million on Maynard who got injured early season and only played 5 games in total

Say what you like about Malky...but purely as a manager he got the job done. We walked that League, top from October onwards nobody got near us and promoted with 4 games left. Regardless of the off field nonsense he is Probably our most successful manager ever!!

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 am

wez1927 wrote:
petesmeat wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wez, I just got to laugh at your answer. When I say a free transfer, you say our club spend virtually the same by signing on fee and high wages.

Ole's signings cost us beyond and yrs later we are still paying for it, highest wages in our history, cost us £millions upon £millions with no success achieved at all.
Even you are honest enough to admit that.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 am

:happy1:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

To answer your question about what more could he have done, well he could have produced a more entertaining brand of football. TBH he did get us over the line but the reality is he was just a more successful version of Russell Slade.

Tony, first I was hoping Dobbins would answer, but he never does.
You can even compare the managers.
At the time our fans absolutely loved Malkys Trojans a fact :thumbright:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:05 am

What about the 10 million Malky spent on Cornelius???
Other clubs were looking at him and most valued him at 1 mill maximum.
Malky and Moody saw fit to pay 9 times over the odds for him.
Oh but isnt that another story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rImKF8c6tLo

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:08 am

Port Talbot Bluebird wrote:What about the 10 million Malky spent on Cornelius???
Oh but isnt that another story???

Dodgy tranafers but still the same old club bashers turn a blind eye

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:18 am

I dont buy all this Malky crap, the bloke played us like a fiddle.
My gran could have got us promoted and kept us in the prem with the money he was given!
There is a reason that no club will touch him, his name is mud. End of!

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:19 am

Port Talbot Bluebird wrote:What about the 10 million Malky spent on Cornelius???

One massive mistake, I agree and even Alex Ferguson etc have made these mistakes and it's brought up every time yet,yet it's not mentioned thanks to Malku we have received nearly £200 mill and get our last parachute payment next next season of £9mill.
Malky brought in more money to our club than went out a Fact end of and success :thumbright: :thumb right:

AND HOW MANY COSTLY MISTAKES IN THE LAST SEVEN YEARS HAVE TAN & HIS COMMITTEE MADE?

I could post at least 50.

But was it was as bad as you and the Tan followers are making out?

Under Malky's era Cornelius was signed for £8million was sold back to FC Copenhagen for £3million and it was put in writing by Cardiff City if they ever re-sold Cornelius, Cardiff would receive 60% of the transfer fee.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 am

wez1927 wrote:

Dodgy tranafers but still the same old club bashers turn a blind eye

Bashing Tan, not our once proud club.
No evidence at all, but as usual same old Tan lover who killed our clubs identity,who won't answer my earlier questions to you :lol:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:24 am

Best manager Cardiff have had in my time, he done what everyone of us wanted and delivered Top flight football. Of course he made some bad transfers but that's life not the only Cardiff manager to do so.

But still some idiots on his forum slate him at every oppuntunity. Did you slate him off when we won the league or was he okay then?

And as for Dave Jones in comparison he can get lost. The most arrogant boring guy I've seen, as for Malky he reunited the fans and achieved to ultimate goal.
Last edited by Gaffer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:25 am

He had virtually sweet Fanny Adams in his first season and still managed to get us into the playoffs aswell as taking Liverpool to pens in the Carling cup final. That alone showed how good a manager he was as the squad that year should have been lower mid table at best.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 am

Gaffer wrote:Best manager Cardiff have had in my time, he done what everyone of us wanted and delivered Top flight football. Of course he made some bad transfers but that's life not the only Cardiff manager to do so.

But still some idiots on his forum slate him at every oppuntunity. Did you slate him off when we won the league or was he okay then?

And as for Dave Jones in comparison he can get lost. The most arrogant boring guy I've seen, as for Malky he reunited the fans and achieved to ultimate goal.

No they never.
100% SPOT ON :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:29 am

Fair point Annis, but just imagine if Vinny had brought in Warnock a few seasons ago instead of going for the budget options of Slade and Trollope.
Vinny told us that Malky wasnt all that he had us believe he was.
Malky said all the right things but the truth came out in the end.
We were on a rollercoaster ride under Malky and believed all what he said as gospel.
Malky isnt fit to lace Warnocks boots!!

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:44 am

Was never a big fan, but I did not particularly dislike him either. He is not exactly in great demand at the minute, and I am not sure of the reason behind this.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 am

From Facebook

Steve Perry
<>< The best manager City had in over 50 years. Thank you, Malky.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:11 am

Funny all those from Facebook every time with their real names back Malky 100%

Andrew Mcnie
Thank you Malky. Once a Bluebird always a BLUEBIRD

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:Funny all those from Facebook every time with their real names back Malky 100%

Andrew Mcnie
Thank you Malky. Once a Bluebird always a BLUEBIRD

Ever thought only anti club/tan are your friends ob facebook :lol:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am

Right manager at right time, given the money he needed, plus Bellamy on board..
Spoilt his reputation following season by wasting the money on very inept signings.. ..so I don't think of him him now as a good manager.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:

One massive mistake, I agree and even Alex Ferguson etc have made these mistakes and it's brought up every time yet,yet it's not mentioned thanks to Malku we have received nearly £200 mill and get our last parachute payment next next season of £9mill.
Malky brought in more money to our club than went out a Fact end of and success :thumbright: :thumbright:

He could have been a hero.He could have been a top flight Premier League manager by now. He deceived the fans badly by trying to use them to save his own backside. He obviously has serious flaws behind the scenes. I don't believe that the supposedly racist text messages are what is keeping him out of a job. I also don't believe that Vincent Tan has enough influence in British football to keep him out of a job either. Something he has done which most of us clearly don't know about has made him completely toxic as a club manager at any level in the UK.

I still cringe at the way he took the praise from the fans after the Liverpool game, knowing that he was already in deep shite. And people seem to conveniently forget that his sacking followed a completely inept performance against Southampton on Boxing Day, when we were 3-0 down by half time. Many managers have been sacked for less.

He'll always be a bit of a hero for leading us to the promised land of the Premier League, but I don't look back with fondness on his time here because of what happened at the end. All clubs have plenty of managers these days, and he is just another manager who was passing through our club (albeit on a road to nowhere).

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 am

langley wrote:Right manager at right time, given the money he needed, plus Bellamy on board..
Spoilt his reputation following season by wasting the money on very inept signings.. ..so I don't think of him him now as a good manager.

Summed it up

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:21 am

Didn't malky love the red and was telling us to accept it? So now he can clear off. He's part of the reason I fell out of love with the club

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:28 am

I've always classed Malky getting us to, and nearly winning, the Carling Cup Final as a much more impressive bit of management/coaching with a very limited squad (numbers and ability) and not much money spent.

Anyone thinking that the rascist texts, etc., are the only reason Malky can't get a job are simply being naive. They were enough to get him the sack but the other issues raised around transfer activity, loyalty, etc., are the ones that owners/chairman worry about most (rightly or wrongly).

My personal opinion is that those of us outside football will probably never get to know the full, unbiased story. But using common sense, there would have been some very compelling reasons why Malky didn't take us to any type of tribunal where the full story would come out in open court. That may be an unfair inference but something happened that we're not privy to.