Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Malky Mackay in tears '

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 am

Dobbin wrote:In fairness to him got the job done that no other manager did but also had the budget no other Cardiff manager had. The football was not the best but we were well organised and he knew how to close out a game at championship level. In the premiership we were on the slide and I don't think he would have kept us up mainly due to the tough run of away fixtures in January and February. There were some good and bad signings but these have been discussed to the hilt as has his demise which he only has himself to blame.

I would love to have seen Dave Jones and now Neil Warnock given the budget he had :thumbup:

Dave Jones didn't have the budget?? :laughing5: :laughing5:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 am

Reply on Twitter

Gareth Hughes‏ @newportbluebird

Replying to @AnnisAbraham @pell382
Makes you wonder what would have happened had Malky not been sacked by Tan. Never in relegation zone with him in charge.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Loved Malky in the championship, I don’t see how anyone can fault what he did. Yes it wasn’t the most entertaining but we were solid and most of all it worked and he got us promotion and as champions – Can’t fault it. At the time the budget he had was massive for the championshiop and if memory serves me right then not many were spending big money that season. You can’t compare his budget now to the teams in the championship, it was a different time.

Really thought Malky would keep us up in the prem however concerned were raised early on when he seemed to sign right back after right back and then first game of the season start with Connolly. I still thought he had enough to keep us up however we got more and more defensive and after a decent start we were sinking at a rapid rape, rarely getting a shot on target in games. In my opinion he should have gone after Villa away, Tan took for too long to replace him and unfortunately when he did replace him it was with the wrong person although at the time I though Ole was going to come in and do well.

In my opinion Malkys ego took over and to me came across arrogant, his released texts reaffirmed what I though. Thankfully I never sang don’t sack McKay even though it was extremely catchy :lol: Malky loved the red wanted us to accept it so he could spend his money and boost his career without a care for the club. There is no evidence to suggest to date Malky had a cut of some of his stranger transfers but would it shock anyone if he did? I don’t think so.

I think my biggest annoyance with him was after he was sacked sitting on the sofa on Soccer Sunday or whatever its called and watching us struggle massively upfront and yet he would still not admit that the signing of Cornelius for was a mistake, his ego would just not allow it. Wrong signing, wrong price for the wrong club everyone could see that except Malky. From that point on I only think of him in a negative light and was glad he flopped massively at Wigan.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Might of only been 1,300 Cardiff fans who travelled away, but everyone of us were right behind him
Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9HS0GqNm7Y :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Cardiff fans backing Mackay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwIWKTsTiQ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:34 pm

WEZ,

Malky was fully backed by the fans who actually followed the club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1V1If5NbFM :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wez, has ago at fans who turn up week in week out and calls us club bashers,yet we were all there :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:38 pm

As a Swans fan I was quietly pleased when Malky was sacked. Yes he made some tremendous gaffes, but as a manager his team was very hard to break down. He instilled a resilliance there. I am sure he would have kept you up if you stuck with him. No flair or excitment, but for grit, fight and determination he was excellent.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:WEZ,

Wez, has ago at fans who turn up week in week out and calls us club bashers,yet we were all there :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Annis is fairness this was before the fans found out how Malky's texts etc

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Annis is fairness this was before the fans found out how Malky's texts etc

Luke, I could post at least 50 replies from FB today all still supporting Malky Mackay and I can't find one against.
And not from Wez's Anti Tan Facebook :lol:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:50 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I've always classed Malky getting us to, and nearly winning, the Carling Cup Final as a much more impressive bit of management/coaching with a very limited squad (numbers and ability) and not much money spent.

Anyone thinking that the rascist texts, etc., are the only reason Malky can't get a job are simply being naive. They were enough to get him the sack but the other issues raised around transfer activity, loyalty, etc., are the ones that owners/chairman worry about most (rightly or wrongly).

My personal opinion is that those of us outside football will probably never get to know the full, unbiased story. But using common sense, there would have been some very compelling reasons why Malky didn't take us to any type of tribunal where the full story would come out in open court. That may be an unfair inference but something happened that we're not privy to.

I wish it was all done and dusted (we all need to move on) but people with strong association to the club claim it's still not over and that Malky is still 'on the hook' in relation to the financial side of his tenure

I tend to lean towards your reasoning that (quote) "there would have been some very compelling reasons why Malky didn't take us to any type of tribunal where the full story would come out in open court" and I point out that he issued a full and unreserved apology to Vincent Tan

Given that, I can only think he did 'something' wrong (as silly as they were, the texts were just a front) and he knew it whilst he milked the club's fans and then went on a 'charm offensive' with Lineker's BBC Luvvies

I rate Malky as one of our most successful managers ever (certainly not 'the') but he was caught out and his lack of fight suggests he was bang to rights. I'm just not sure how long he is going to cast a shadow over this club when it is starting to pull itself around under the new 'fans favourite' Neil Warnock; a man of full honesty and integrity :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Annis

You should know me better than that. Not a cheap shot and definitely do not hide. Surprised you think that of me.

Towards the end of the season we were limping over the line, but as I said he new how to close out games to get us over the line.

Budget-wise, part of it was comparing what happened in the Premier League and, as I said, we have discussed that to the hilt, so no need to go over old ground.

I don't claim to know what his budget was compared to Ole, but if you have the figures it would be interesting.

After the Liverpool match, I genuinely thought we would bounce back but we got turned over by Southampton and there was no option for him to stay.

For me Dave Jones played attractive football. Can you forget the bothroyd chopfa days? What he did not have was the man management skills to get us over the line.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Hope that was a tongue in cheek comment there Annis.. 'Malky was fully backed by the FANS WHO ACTUALLY FOLLOWED THE CLUB' so does that not make me a fan because I didn't back him?

You know what my thoughts are on Malky and yes he did take us up and yes you can say other managers with other clubs didn't do the same but no other manager at OUR club didn't have no where near that money and you can bring Ole into the equation but he was pushed out the door a month into the season so no-ones what would have happened that season.. he got sacked after two home games and the teams we got beaten by were both promoted that season. People even said the football in the first half v Norwich home when we lost 4-2 was some of the best they seen since Dave Jones days.

The matter of the fact for me is Malky mugged Cardiff City supporters off and some are to naive and narrow minded to see it.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Football is all about opinions and everyone sees it different we all have certain managers we really like or don't like and that is the same with players.

That is what makes it a healthy debate but sometimes we have to accept we maybe wrong or others have a difference of opinion and they have the right debate and put forward their case.

I for the record am not a Malky hater nor a Malky lover I just think he did what he was asked to do and did it in a workmanlike way. I would have liked to have seen more attacking football if honest but that's my opinion.

:thumbup:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:46 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:

Hope that was a tongue in cheek comment there Annis.. 'Malky was fully backed by the FANS WHO ACTUALLY FOLLOWED THE CLUB' so does that not make me a fan because I didn't back him?

You know what my thoughts are on Malky and yes he did take us up and yes you can say other managers with other clubs didn't do the same but no other manager at OUR club didn't have no where near that money and you can bring Ole into the equation but he was pushed out the door a month into the season so no-ones what would have happened that season.. he got sacked after two home games and the teams we got beaten by were both promoted that season. People even said the football in the first half v Norwich home when we lost 4-2 was some of the best they seen since Dave Jones days.

The matter of the fact for me is Malky mugged Cardiff City supporters off and some are to naive and narrow minded to see it.

Dando, It was meant at Wez only as he says comments that because I supported Malky and still praise him, I am anti Club :lol: I've never been anti club, just anti Tan.

Funny comments can be made at myself for having my opinion on Malky,yet I can't say anything back.

I 100% dont agree with any of your opinion on Malky.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:47 pm

Dobbin wrote:Football is all about opinions and everyone sees it different we all have certain managers we really like or don't like and that is the same with players.

That is what makes it a healthy debate but sometimes we have to accept we maybe wrong or others have a difference of opinion and they have the right debate and put forward their case.

I for the record am not a Malky hater nor a Malky lover I just think he did what he was asked to do and did it in a workmanlike way. I would have liked to have seen more attacking football if honest but that's my opinion.

:thumbup:

Spot on Dobbins its about different opinions and beliefs, which should be respected :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Isn't it time we stopped looking back at those days & all looked forward as one group of supporters? :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Isn't it time we stopped looking back at those days & all looked forward as one group of supporters? :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

No, this is a football forum and we talk about 1899,1927,1970,2002 and 2017.

Not told to move on, we talk about Eddie May, Jimmy Scouler , Jimmy Andrews, Neil Warnock etc thats what this forum is about, its prob not for you :thumbright: :thumbright:

Funny looking at yr posts you talk about the past :lol: :lol: But I am not, you could not make it up :lol: :lol:

Renaming the stadium
Postby Welshman in CA » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:46 pm

How about Ninian Park.
Welshman in CA

Re: bristol city 1974
Postby Welshman in CA » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:10 am

Millwall in the 70s without a doubt.

Nearly 40 years ago, I was there, were you?
Postby Welshman in CA » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:46 am

Damn I'm getting old. :old:

Was it really that long ago?

The Wrexham game is the one that I always remember the most.

What's the big attraction at half time?
Postby Welshman in CA » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:59 pm

You've all gone soft.

Nobody moaned when all that was available was a shack at either end of the bob bank selling some sort of tea and not much else. None of this concours with tv stuff, if it rained you got wet and and the heavier it rained the wetter you got. :old:
Welshman in CA

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:49 pm

You do get a feeling that MM falls into the category of my enemy's enemy is my friend. :P

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:50 pm

I'm more of a reader than a writer but this subject has been done to death and I've always been of the belief that Malky should have been given at least a season in the PL when he got us there.

As for my living in the past, the 70s were great times from what I can remember and I personally remember them with great fondness. But for you to attack me in the way you did for suggesting that we all look to the future as one rather than dragging up the Malky issue every couple of weeks because you I presume perceive me to not agree with your point of view when I have never expressed my opinion one way or the other was totally uncalled for.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:I'm more of a reader than a writer but this subject has been done to death and I've always been of the belief that Malky should have been given at least a season in the PL when he got us there.

As for my living in the past, the 70s were great times from what I can remember and I personally remember them with great fondness. But for you to attack me in the way you did for suggesting that we all look to the future as one rather than dragging up the Malky issue every couple of weeks because you I presume perceive me to not agree with your point of view when I have never expressed my opinion one way or the other was totally uncalled for.

I have some sympathy with the message you are trying to get over, it would be great if the MM/Rebrand/Tan is a tosser narrative was dropped and we all looked ahead instead. Personally I dislike PMG/Peter Ridsdale ten times more than any dislike for Vincent Tan but I don't start threads every day dragging it all back up.

That said Annis didn't really 'attack' you he simply pointed out that he can talk about the past in the same way you have previously. It is borderline admittedly but there is no personal issue just a general one and he is right he can talk about anything there are no rules preventing that.

What I would add is why do MM/Rebrand threads always become sticky's when there are some tremendous talking points further down the board which are not?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Dobbin wrote:In fairness to him got the job done that no other manager did but also had the budget no other Cardiff manager had. The football was not the best but we were well organised and he knew how to close out a game at championship level. In the premiership we were on the slide and I don't think he would have kept us up mainly due to the tough run of away fixtures in January and February. There were some good and bad signings but these have been discussed to the hilt as has his demise which he only has himself to blame.

I would love to have seen Dave Jones and now Neil Warnock given the budget he had :thumbup:

Dobbins, Malky never had one of the biggest budgets for a Championship club, many club managers have failed to succeed with their budgets, Ole spent twice Malky,what did he achieve?

Dobbins,Malky was given a budget and achieved total success on the first time of asking, not only promotion,but won the Championship easily, what more could he have done that season,please tell me? ? ?

Dave Jones :lol: :lol:

Ask other clubs fans about Jones :lol:

Ole only spent 6 million ,malky had the most money of any cardiff city manager ever had and thats a fact annis ,he played you like a fiddle and continues to this day the 2nd post in two days you put on this ,if malky is so wonderful why wont anyone touch him

6 million?... Manga, Morrison, pilks, fabio, daehli, berget, burgerstaller... I'm sure I'm missing about another ten players aswell but the first 2 in that list makes 6 million you do the rest of the maths...

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Dobbins, Malky never had one of the biggest budgets for a Championship club, many club managers have failed to succeed with their budgets, Ole spent twice Malky,what did he achieve?

Dobbins,Malky was given a budget and achieved total success on the first time of asking, not only promotion,but won the Championship easily, what more could he have done that season,please tell me? ? ?

Ole only spent 6 million ,malky had the most money of any cardiff city manager ever had and thats a fact annis ,he played you like a fiddle and continues to this day the 2nd post in two days you put on this ,if malky is so wonderful why wont anyone touch him

Usual crap from wez. Malky spent a fair wack when we got promoted but we also sold them on again, caulker, medel etc...his main issue was always the danish dud.....ole blew millions on huge wages...still you can't tell folk like wez, the new type of football fan hey.... :banghead:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 pm

goats wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Usual crap from wez. Malky spent a fair wack when we got promoted but we also sold them on again, caulker, medel etc...his main issue was always the danish dud.....ole blew millions on huge wages...still you can't tell folk like wez, the new type of football fan hey.... :banghead:

New fan ? :lol:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:
goats wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

These new fans hey :lol:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
goats wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

These new fans hey :lol:

Must be a new fan if their veiws are different :lol:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Was our best manager in my opinion, loved the guy. Cornelius could quite easily be one of the worst signings in premier league history(considering we were newly promoted) but all managers make mistakes.He had a big budget but delivered promotion.Many have failed

Malkys barmy army :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:29 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Mate, best manager this clubs ever had :ayatollah:

On getting us to the promised land :thumbup:

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:41 am

Hmmmm interesting

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=183917

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Hmmmm interesting

Fair play good work from the Transfer Committee to get a sell on clause like that in the deal. How many previous players have we moaned about not having a sell on clause. The club are learning :occasion5:

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Hmmmm interesting

Fair play good work from the Transfer Committee to get a sell on clause like that in the deal. How many previous players have we moaned about not having a sell on clause. The club are learning :occasion5:

Yes well done the the club in clearing up malkys mess :lol: