Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City's First Pre-Season Away Friendly Confirmed

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:20 pm

Plymouth Argyle to host Neil Warnock's Cardiff City in pre-season game

Herald Sport

Thursday 20th April 2017

Confirmed Plymouth v Cardiff City July 2017

Exeter City and Torquay also in discussions with Cardiff City.

Cardiff City will be in the Devon area for 10 days :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Neil Warnock will bring Cardiff City - and possibly winger Matt Kennedy - to Home Park for a pre-season game against Argyle in July

PLYMOUTH Argyle will play Neil Warnock's Cardiff City in a pre-season fixture at Home Park in July.

It could see winger Matt Kennedy, who is currently on loan to the Pilgrims from Cardiff, line up against them for the Championship club.

Argyle manager Derek Adams has confirmed that Cardiff will provide the opposition for their only home pre-season game.

Warnock has retained a close affinity for the Pilgrims ever since he took charge of the club from 1995 to 1997, leading them to promotion in his first season with a play-off final win at Wembley.

He has kept his home in south-east Cornwall and has often brought the clubs he has managed to Devon and Cornwall for pre-season trips.

Warnock took over at Cardiff in October with them in 23rd position in the Championship and has led them to mid-table safety.

The Bluebirds, whose assistant boss is former Argyle goalkeeper Kevin Blackwell, are currently 13th in the table.

Adams told Herald Sport: "We will look to play Cardiff in pre-season. We are just firming up details for a date and a time for that match."

Cardiff last visited Home Park in August 2009 when they won 3-1 against Argyle in a Championship clash.

Argyle are also set to play South West Peninsula League side Plymouth Parkway in pre-season, although that has yet to be finalised.

Adams said: "We are still to confirm games with a number of clubs. We will get that over the next couple of weeks."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City's First Pre-Season Away Friendly Confirmed

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Exeter City and Torquay also in discussions with Cardiff City.

Cardiff City will be in the Devon area for 10 days :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Sounds good. We need a decent pre-season this year, and it looks like we'll get one. Last year was strange. Trollope was away with Wales, (with the club's approval), and didn't get back until quite late. Hopefully this year we will get an attractive home friendly as well.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Annis, is there a confirmed date for the Plymouth game or for the full 10 days?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Sounds a good laugh think I'll take the family camping

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:Sounds a good laugh think I'll take the family camping

Family camping, I reckon our old school manager will have our superstars camping at his farm....proper 'ard pre-season

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Would be great that, 3 grounds I haven't been to.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Sounds a good laugh think I'll take the family camping

Family camping, I reckon our old school manager will have our superstars camping at his farm....proper 'ard pre-season

Good. Exactly what they need!

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:21 pm

Would be an amazing trip, hopefully they could have the games on a Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, wont be cheap as will be school holidays but would 100% go for a week and probs stay in around torbay.

Slightly off topi, hopefully Torquay can stay up, they have Dover on Ssturday very tough game but looks like it will go down to the last day regardless where they have a winnable game.

Plainmore has changed a hell of a lot since we last went there aswell, will be unrecognisable to most

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:28 pm

I love Neil Warnock.

Pre-season should be done in the U.K as the weather conditions will not be the same as our fixtures. Go to Spain, Germany, etc. We will never play in those conditions. :wave:

This is the first manager I've ever held full 100% confidence in. Warnock has plenty of experience and knows exactly what he's doing. We are lucky to have a manager like him and hope we can attract more Cardiff City fans to attend our games next season! :thumbright:

A fresh start.
He'll spend money wisely.
Not afraid to let players know they're not working hard enough.
I have nothing but faith in Neil Warnock.

Finally, I'm optimistic about our team. Bring on the 17/18 season

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:03 pm

lathamgaffney wrote:I love Neil Warnock.

Pre-season should be done in the U.K as the weather conditions will not be the same as our fixtures. Go to Spain, Germany, etc. We will never play in those conditions. :wave:

This is the first manager I've ever held full 100% confidence in. Warnock has plenty of experience and knows exactly what he's doing. We are lucky to have a manager like him and hope we can attract more Cardiff City fans to attend our games next season! :thumbright:

A fresh start.
He'll spend money wisely.
Not afraid to let players know they're not working hard enough.
I have nothing but faith in Neil Warnock.
H
Finally, I'm optimistic about our team. Bring on the 17/18 season

:thumbup:

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:47 pm

Home Park a 5 min walk from my front door,brilliant.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:29 am

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:Home Park a 5 min walk from my front door,brilliant.

Can I use your driveway to park up?

Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:54 pm

Free parking in my road,bung me a tenner and will get my neighbour to valet your motor.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:39 am

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:Free parking in my road,bung me a tenner and will get my neighbour to valet your motor.

:lol:
:ayatollah: