Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big Corn off to Atlanta

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:14 pm

3.5 million,did we have a sell on clause. How much did we waste on this deal?

Re: Big Corn off to Atlanta

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:21 pm

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/atalanta ... -cornelius

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:35 pm

I think you mean Atalanta? It is in Italy.

Atlanta is in USA.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Oops

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:08 pm

If only we would have paid that kind of money he might have made it here. Wonder if he will get 45k a week :lol:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 pm

blue lagoon wrote:3.5 million,did we have a sell on clause. How much did we waste on this deal?

Malky wasted a hell of a lot of money on him and others during his time here, a fact often overlooked

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 pm

RV Casual wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:3.5 million,did we have a sell on clause. How much did we waste on this deal?

Malky wasted a hell of a lot of money on him and others during his time here, a fact often overlooked

Not as much as that " CLUELESS CLOWN - OGS " - DO THE MATHS !!!

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:48 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Not as much as that " CLUELESS CLOWN - OGS " - DO THE MATHS !!!

No need for me to do any maths thanks, I didn't realise it was a competition, neither do I see what relevence OGS has to my post??

Cornelius was a Malky signing, in my opinion Malky wasted millions on him amongst others when we went up to the PL, if you disgree with that, absolutely fine, we all see things diffrently.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If only we would have paid that kind of money he might have made it here. Wonder if he will get 45k a week :lol:

he wasnt good enough{ 4 years on maybe he is now } even the manager who signed him figured that out quite quickly. had we paid what we did for someone good enough to play ,just not worth all those millions. JUST a mistake would have been easier to swallow.
but for a newly promoted to spend all that money and then be told HE IS ONE FOR THE FUTURE wow.
im not sure what shocked me the most.Malky having the neck to say it. or that quite a number of our fans thought it sensible/

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:31 am

RV Casual wrote:

What other signings did Mackay waste money on?

Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:56 am

The post was about how much money we lost on deal and sell on clauses. Every manager in top flight football signs the odd muppet. Bebe for man utd. Theead not about Malky or Ole and the usual bla,bla

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 am

I remember one of the players saying he was found out almost straight away as a dud. 60% of 3.5m not bad if we ever see it...

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:49 am

petesmeat wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Dont want to get into a massive debate over it tbb, as the OP has said, the thread is not meant to be tit for tat as he rightly says all managers sign dodgy players. IMO opinion though when we went up Malky spent his budget on crap, Brayford was another one, almost £12 million on him and Cornelius, newly promoted Clubs cant afford to waste money like that. I still like Malky though, got nothing against him, will always be grateful for what he achieved but believe his sacking was correct and not as convinced he would have kept us up as some. No more from me on the matter now, its all history eotd

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:13 am

RV Casual wrote:
petesmeat wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Dont want to get into a massive debate over it tbb, as the OP has said, the thread is not meant to be tit for tat as he rightly says all managers sign dodgy players. IMO opinion though when we went up Malky spent his budget on crap, Brayford was another one, almost £12 million on him and Cornelius, newly promoted Clubs cant afford to waste money like that. I still like Malky though, got nothing against him, will always be grateful for what he achieved but believe his sacking was correct and not as convinced he would have kept us up as some. No more from me on the matter now, its all history eotd

He had a few duds but he also made massive money on Mutch and people like Gunnar, Connolly, Cowie, Conway etc proved massive value for money. He messed up with Cornelius and it does seem a bit fishy but his transfer dealings were pretty decent. Compare him to Slade and OGS and there's no contest.