Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

intresting stat on sky sports

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Just said ob the brighton game ,Cardiff city have scored the most goals from Corners in the championship this season

Re: intresting stat on sky sports

Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 am

Surprised its only this season......Wonder why that is ........"does what he wants ??????"

Funnily enough i was watching Moneyball last night and was previously interested in it when i read in Malkys first season he really thought you could take elements into football and reflected.

We were run away champions without an outstanding centre forward. Traditionally you needed a 20 goal at least man. He created a no mistake and we take a point,but we only need to score one more goal than the opposition mentality based upon getting our goals from set plays.

It was bloody boring, but hell was it effective.

I think it was a Mourhino anti football moment that had a place in time, and perhaps that but probably because you need an almost blank canvass to get the players to play it, or the super counter attack is now the tactic of choice Malky has struggled to make the same impact as that season.

Re: intresting stat on sky sports

Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:33 am

llan bluebird wrote:Surprised its only this season......Wonder why that is ........"does what he wants ??????"

Funnily enough i was watching Moneyball last night and was previously interested in it when i read in Malkys first season he really thought you could take elements into football and reflected.

We were run away champions without an outstanding centre forward. Traditionally you needed a 20 goal at least man. He created a no mistake and we take a point,but we only need to score one more goal than the opposition mentality based upon getting our goals from set plays.

It was bloody boring, but hell was it effective.

I think it was a Mourhino anti football moment that had a place in time, and perhaps that but probably because you need an almost blank canvass to get the players to play it, or the super counter attack is now the tactic of choice Malky has struggled to make the same impact as that season.

Funny the football was as boring as feck but had around 5 players with 10 or more goals that season
Like say employed a tactic and it worked but I feel he failed to change when in premiership and that's what cost him in the end. :shock: