FRESH UPDATE: DAVE JONES GONE...!!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED ' DAVE JONES GO NOW YOUR A DISGRACE '

Postby Charlie Harper » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:20 am

I always enjoyed watching a DJ side. Best football this club has seen in many years and even though City never got promoted under him most fans would say it was great times and big crowds.

On the other hand some fans still have an issue with DJ which I don't understand or even care for
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby City Slicker » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:35 am

I'm not particularly a Dave Moans fan and never have been, at least in a footballing sense. I always felt he had a good eye for a good player but fell woefully short on tactical nous and man management. Who could forget the debacle that was the end of season Middleborough match a few seasons back. An unmitigated disaster which he should be apportioned a large slice of blame. I never ever liked his cold and uncommunicative nature either. His detached and aloof style certainly didnt endear himself to much of the fan base and local journalists alike.

I didn't hear Jeff Stelling's criticism of Jones yesterday as I was up in Wigan so I can't comment on that. However, I will always have a soft spot for Dave Jones out of sympathy for the horrendous false allegations of child abuse which were made against the man when he was manager of Southampton and which have dogged him ever since even though they were proven to be spurious.The nature of this type of allegation is so soul destroying it can end people's career, pile misery on a family and in some instances lead victims to take their own lives. Whatever I think of the man as a football manager I will always have the utmost respect for him as a man for being able to rebuild his life and retain his dignity after such a harrowing and ugly experience.
City Slicker

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:01 pm

ITS ALL OVER TODAYS MEDIA

Sky Sports presenter Jeff Stelling launched an astonishing attack on former Cardiff City boss Dave Jones live on television after his beloved Hartlepool United side's 2-0 defeat at home to Barnet.
Attachments
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG (50.99 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Fusilier23 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm

I like JS but he is there to present a show - should have used another platform to criticize DJ - very unprofesional, however passionate he may be
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
Fusilier23

Postby Banterman123 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Would love to neck on with Dave Jones :ayatollah:
Banterman123

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:35 pm

nubbsy wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:thought he was brilliant for us, my favourite manager probably, straight talking none of this pretend loving for fans. however he left at the right time and as soon as he left well I moved on lol. Not to bothered how he does.

Pretend loving. You mean he was a miserable b*stard that didn't give a shit about no one.

Yeah I would say more misrable and stubborn than anything. I would say Malky was the arrogant manager. Ole seemed a nice guy but clueless and Slade was more if a used car salesman type person.

all gone now though, not to bothered. fully support Warnock
2blue2handle

Postby papa » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:37 pm

ENJOY YOURSELF (its later than you think)
papa

Re: ' DAVE JONES GO NOW YOUR A DISGRACE '

Postby dogfound » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:44 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:
DEANO wrote:Horrible ignorant pig

Mate, worse than a pig

agree
never liked him myself. could swear he has played or managed.
glorified modern version of the teleprinter reader with delusions of grandeur.
dogfound

Re: FRESH UPDATE: DAVE JONES GONE...!!

Postby Sven » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:37 am

Sunday afternoon:

Dave Jones says he will fight on as Hartlepool United boss - despite being told to quit by Jeff Stelling....

Sunday night:

Dave Jones is sacked by Hartlepool United

Announcement on Monday but both Sky Sports News and the BBC are reporting he has been sacked ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 am

EARLY REPORT:
By Kieran Gill for the Daily Mail

Hartlepool's 2-0 home defeat by Barnet saw them fall into the relegation zone and the League Two club are set to sack boss Dave Jones in a bid to avoid the drop

Hartlepool United are expected to confirm on Monday that Dave Jones has left as manager of the club.

He leaves them second bottom of League Two and facing dropping out of the Football League for the first time in their 109-year history.

Hartlepool have picked up just two points from their last seven games and slipped into the relegation zone after Saturday's 2-0 defeat at home by Barnet. They are now two points behind Newport with just two matches left.

A 2-1 defeat at Leyton Orient last Monday saw fans call for Jones's head in front of owner Gary Coxall, who was also present on Saturday where there were more vocal protests.
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:56 am

LATEST REPORT:
By Fred Nathan

Dave Jones axed by Hartlepool United with League 2 club in relegation zone after horror run

Former Wolves and Southampton boss won just four games out of 18 since being appointed at Victoria Park in January

The former Wolves and Southampton boss won just four games out of 18 since being appointed at Victoria Park in January when he replaced Craig Hignett.

Jones has left the club along with assistant Kevin Cooper and coach Alex Armstrong, with Pools second bottom of League Two.

They slipped into the relegation zone at the weekend with a horrendous 2-0 defeat to Barnet – and lost to already-relegated Leyton Orient the week before.

The former Wolves and Southampton boss won jut four games out of 18

Disgruntled fans let their feelings be known as they chanted in their numbers “Dave Jones, get out of our club.”

They are in real danger of being relegated to the National League with just two games to turn their season around.

Sky Sports presenter and club president Jeff Stelling quit in his post after the defeat, and delivered a scathing rant live on air calling for manager Dave Jones to go.

Fans were angrily chanting for him to be sacked after losing 2-0 to Barnet at the weekend

Stelling said: “We have lost at home, we’re in the relegation places, and it’s not personal Dave, but for God’s sake for the good of the club walk now.

“Go now. You’ve got 13 points from 51, this is not your level of football.

“(Finance director) Pam Duxbury, the chairman Gary Coxall, if he won’t walk, then sack him.

“If it means me resigning as president then I do so happily – do it now, do it today.”

And Stelling got his wish, with Jones leaving his post following a disastrous stint in charge, taking only 13 points from a possible 51.

Jones blasted Stelling for showing a lack of “respect” from his Sky Sports ivory towers as Hartlepool United’s president railed against the club’s manager.

Pools are in real danger of relegation to non-league for the first time in their history

He said before being axed: “It’s OK Jeff Stelling saying it in his comfy chair. He doesn’t know. He says you should play this person, that person, he doesn’t know the parameters of what goes on.

“So Jeff Stelling that’s fine for him to say; in fact it’s alack of respect for me. A lack of respect for me. Why should he say that? It’s a lack of respect.’’

Jones has been replaced for the final two games of the season internally, with defender Matthew Bates taking over alongside experienced skipper Billy Payner, and fitness coach Stuart Parnaby.
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:50 am

Fusilier23 wrote:I like JS but he is there to present a show - should have used another platform to criticize DJ - very unprofesional, however passionate he may be

I agree with your second part but personally I can't stand Stelling.
He's made the programme all about himself. Pompous, self opinionated and acts like he thinks he's a superstar.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:29 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:I like JS but he is there to present a show - should have used another platform to criticize DJ - very unprofesional, however passionate he may be

I agree with your second part but personally I can't stand Stelling.
He's made the programme all about himself. Pompous, self opinionated and acts like he thinks he's a superstar.

i agree
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat