Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: New Owners?

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:45 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:
Buchanan's Exocet wrote:Oh PLEASE let it be true!!!

Be careful what you wish for.

Two years ago I would have agreed with you. I hate what Tan did to our club, I went on protest marches, I helped organise the infamous sit in when the club turned all the lights off to get us out. I also joined the Bluebirds Unite committee. But things have changed a lot since then. He realised the rebrand was a big mistake and restored our colour and Bluebird on the badge. He's now getting the club finances sorted out. He's keeping a low profile and he's finally employed an experienced manager that CAN get us promoted. It's taken him 6 years but he's finally learning how to run a football club.

Yes Vincent Tan ripped the guts out of our club and it'll go down as arguably the worst period in our history but now it's time to move on as one, put the rebrand behind us and look forward and I for one would be happy if Tan remained and continues to run the club as he's doing.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I think that under the current owners City can look forward to a few more years in the Championship. Despite Warnock's enthusiasm for next season, without significant spending City are more likely to be looking up the table, than down. As clubs from the Premiership come down each year with their parachute payments, the rest of the clubs need to improve year on year just to stand still.

Tan isn't likely to 'splash the cash' again, although the £6 million that Warnock's been promised isn't chicken-feed either, but a new owner would almost certainly look for something more than mid-table mediocrity, and would look to invest to achieve success. Shrewd, mega-rich Chinese owners, who now how to make a club like City a successful one, wouldn't be a disaster..

Since NW took charge on 5th October 2016 he has a win percentage of 41.2% earning 51 pts. If he had been in charge from the start of the season and taking this average into account we would now be sitting in a very healthy 8th spot on 69 pts.

Regards the relegated clubs and their parachute payments, over the last 10 years only 8 out of the 30 clubs have been promoted straight back up, 3 of these via the play offs. One club, Wolves had back to back relegations. Brighton spent 7.44 million this season on their squad. A little bit more than NW will get for next season.

Personally I don't want Tan to splash the cash, look where that got us last time. The 6 million he's giving NW will be spent very wisely I have no doubt. In fact, I wouldn't want any Cardiff owner, now or in the future to splash the cash. Once bitten twice shy.
:ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:58 am

i wouldnt be against tan selling but it all depends on the next owner, if its going to be a owner like at birmingham who thinks they know better then no thanks, if its an owner who is willing to spend a few quid to tryand make us more succesful then im all for that also. people saying better the devil u know,problem with that is the devil we knowhas a track record for wanting to do everything on a shoestring budget,hes never going to invest the money required to make us a playoff chasing or promotion chasing team imo. even with the money warnock has been promised i dont think it will be enough to get into the playoffs i really hope im wrong tho

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Unfortunately its a minefield with foreign owners, some good, mostly bad. The only language they understand is money, they don't understand our language of football and our culture. which in this game goes hand in hand unlike a normal business.

All I know that if a new owner comes in and tries to mess us about by changing our identity or similar then we need to stand together from the word GO and boycott. No other protest do they understand until they start loosing money.

:bluebird: