Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnock Demands '

Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:04 am

Neil Warnock Demands Stylish Finish To Season From Bluebirds

By: Terry Phillipson:

Sunday April 23, 2017

Neil Warnock wants his Cardiff City team to finish their Championship season in style.

They are safely in mid-table, completely out of relegation danger and beyond reach of the play-offs, but Warnock wants more from his team.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I don’t think anyone needs to be asking me what I’d like to get out of the next two games,” he says. “Huddersfield are my old club and Newcastle are a team I’d love to beat, if I’m honest.

“Two wins out of two would be nice and that’s how we will be looking to finish.”

Wigan are facing relegation after failing to win against the Bluebirds. Their hopes of remaining in the Championship are out of their hands and they will go down if Birmingham City avoid defeat by Aston Villa on Sunday.

Wigan are six points adrift of safety with two games still to play, but they will be relegated if 21st-placed Birmingham draw or beat city rivals Villa in their game in hand on Sunday.

Cardiff are 13th place and Warnock says: “It’s incredible what the players have achieved done since I’ve been here. The lads have knuckled down really well. It wasn’t a pretty game at Wigan, but you can see the spine of the team is extremely good.

“If we can add a few goals and a bit more quality in certain areas I’m looking forward to a good 2017-18.”

Relegation for Wigan would see them drop down to League One after only one season in the Championship.

Cardiff are at home against Newcastle United next Friday before their final fixture at Huddersfield the following weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.