Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wembley semi finals

Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 pm

I know it's all about money,but wouldn't it be better,fairer and make the final more special to have the 2 semi finals at The Principality (millennium) Stadium.

Re: Wembley semi finals

Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Think they should take the semis around the country. Obviously there may be clashes with league games and I suppose a team could end up playing at home, but they could take the games to so many different stadiums rather than boring Wembley.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:47 pm

BITD the semi-finals were played in neutral grounds. If a northern club were playing a London club, they would be at Villa Park. Trouble is, club ground capacities are generally smaller these days, due to all-seater stadia.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Neutral ground semi's were always good idea.

Think of this weekend, Chelsea-Spurs could have been played at Emirates. Arsenal - Man City, could be Cardiff, Villa park perhaps?

Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Neutral ground semi's were always good idea.

Think of this weekend, Chelsea-Spurs could have been played at Emirates. Arsenal - Man City, could be Cardiff, Villa park perhaps?

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Man c hadn't sold their full allocation upto 2 days before game! :o

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Man c hadn't sold their full allocation upto 2 days before game! :o

To be fair I believe it was something ridiculous like their 9th Wembley trip in 5/6 years and it looks like the novelty has worn off, I dread to think what we would take under similar circumstances, we only just sold out the Carling Cup Final (tickets still on gen sale upto a few days before game)

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:24 pm

RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Man c hadn't sold their full allocation upto 2 days before game! :o

To be fair I believe it was something ridiculous like their 9th Wembley trip in 5/6 years and it looks like the novelty has worn off, I dread to think what we would take under similar circumstances, we only just sold out the Carling Cup Final (tickets still on gen sale upto a few days before game)

maybe its the cost aswell? prices i remember were very high once low cost seats were booked up! like you say novelty waring off for fans at clubs who are regular visitors to wembley! :old:

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:21 pm

I preferred it when Villa Park and old Trafford were the venues.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

maybe its the cost aswell? prices i remember were very high once low cost seats were booked up! like you say novelty waring off for fans at clubs who are regular visitors to wembley! :old:

Def agree mate, I paid 95 quid for the FA Cup Final, the top category granted but wanted a decent seat, think I paid 55 or 70 for Carling Cup I cant remember, for the Blackpool game I had the cheap tickets, think it was 40 quid and to be honest it was terrible, we were about 6 rows from the back, felt so detatched from it all

Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:42 pm

RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Def agree mate, I paid 95 quid for the FA Cup Final, the top category granted but wanted a decent seat, think I paid 55 or 70 for Carling Cup I cant remember, for the Blackpool game I had the cheap tickets, think it was 40 quid and to be honest it was terrible, we were about 6 rows from the back, felt so detatched from it all

Tbh new Wembley is as bad as old one? Never enjoyed either as a venue, I said wouldn't go to another playoff final not worth the cost! :old: