Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

One bad appointment has a huge effect

Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:02 pm

Birmingham City, who were fancied as dark horses under Gary Rowett, for some reason got rid and employed Gianfranco Zola (a name). Clueless from the owners and I think they will go down as a result

Who agrees?

Re: One bad appointment has a huge effect

Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Birmingham City, who were fancied as dark horses under Gary Rowett, for some reason got rid and employed Gianfranco Zola (a name). Clueless from the owners and I think they will go down as a result

Who agrees?

Agree. Clueless by the owners but difficult to feel any sympathy for them.

Think they might just survive by the skin of their teeth, as I think Wigan and Blackburn will go down.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:15 pm

They showed no loyalty and are getting their rewards.

Derby similarly got rid of Paul Clement when they were in the play off places and what happened then?

Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:15 pm

davids wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Birmingham City, who were fancied as dark horses under Gary Rowett, for some reason got rid and employed Gianfranco Zola (a name). Clueless from the owners and I think they will go down as a result

Who agrees?

Not so sure I can see Blackburn winning one of their games and can't see where Birmingham will get a point, tbh. They are in freefall

Would serve the owners right tbh, if they went down after sacking Rowett who was doing a good job

Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Who agrees?

Rowett had been strongly linked to take 3 different jobs, so with the constant speculation the Birmingham Board offered Rowett a new contract which he refused to sign. Plus they weren't exactly playing champagne football. It was all about scratch and scrape to get results.

Having said that, the game is all about results, so with hindsight it was a mistake.

But is getting a managerial appointment correct easy? The amount of failures/sackings suggests it isnt.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:28 am

Who agrees?

Didn't something similar happen a tad closer to home a few seasons back?

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:04 am

dogfound wrote:

Who agrees?

Rowett had been strongly linked to take 3 different jobs, so with the constant speculation the Birmingham Board offered Rowett a new contract which he refused to sign. Plus they weren't exactly playing champagne football. It was all about scratch and scrape to get results.

Having said that, the game is all about results, so with hindsight it was a mistake.

But is getting a managerial appointment correct easy? The amount of failures/sackings suggests it isnt.

Not in today's world. No time to build teams anymore its either instant success or your gone, too much money getting thrown in and demands are unrealistic

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:08 pm

City Slicker wrote:

Who agrees?

Spot On ;)

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Hope they get relegated for sacking Rowett and also, to see Harry Redknapp have to drop to League 1 level. I highly doubt Redknapp will stick around in League 1 though as a man of his arrogance will think it's "below him".

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Hope they get relegated for sacking Rowett and also, to see Harry Redknapp have to drop to League 1 level. I highly doubt Redknapp will stick around in League 1 though as a man of his arrogance will think it's "below him".

If they go down - i agree with you .

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:37 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Hope they get relegated for sacking Rowett and also, to see Harry Redknapp have to drop to League 1 level. I highly doubt Redknapp will stick around in League 1 though as a man of his arrogance will think it's "below him".

He won't 'have to drop to League 1' as he's only there for three games initially and with no contract.
He's also stated he doesn't want paying if he doesn't keep them up.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:56 am

City Slicker wrote:

Who agrees?

well i remember the shite football but dont remember him turning his nose up at any contracts.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:20 am

darran1927 wrote:
davids wrote:

Who agrees?

Not so sure I can see Blackburn winning one of their games and can't see where Birmingham will get a point, tbh. They are in freefall

Would serve the owners right tbh, if they went down after sacking Rowett who was doing a good job

have to agree and hope they do go down