Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

how lucky can those jacks get?

Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Man city play man Utd Thursday then the jacks on Sunday surely they will be worn out?

Re: how lucky can those jacks get?

Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:14 pm

skiprat wrote:Man city play man Utd Thursday then the jacks on Sunday surely they will be worn out?

2 football matches in 4 days? :laughing6:

When I was a kid I used to play 2 matches on the weekend, every weekend. Poor Premier league athletes.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Palace winning though gives them one less to catch probably. :occasion5:

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Not only that.. they'll play their best team vs city on Thursday

Swansea on Sunday rest players

Semi final on the next Thursday , Swansea couldn't play them at a better day

United have 2 day rest Swansea got 7 day rest

Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Don't think it will make much of a difference Old Trafford is a fortress right now despite some of the draws that teams have got there and I can see them beating the jacks comfortably 2 nil.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:35 pm

skiprat wrote:Man city play man Utd Thursday then the jacks on Sunday surely they will be worn out?

agree but thats life im afraid.

have to add, all the experts, footballers, coaches,managers, talk about fatigue,too many games .adequate recovery time etc.
then someone that used to play for Llandeilo stiffs on a saturday, then for Gwilyms top estate v dafydds bottom estate with jumpers as goalposts on Sunday knows better.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:13 pm

United have been doing it all season with the Europa League.

They drew in Belgium on a Thursday and then beat Chelsea on the Sunday so won't be too much of an issue for them.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:03 am

United are playing really well atm abd will be swansea easily

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:48 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:United have been doing it all season with the Europa League.

They drew in Belgium on a Thursday and then beat Chelsea on the Sunday so won't be too much of an issue for them.

Indeed, hence why Swansea are 12-1 to win the game :lol:

Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:49 am

Utd now have a chance of getting a automatic champions league spot, they will be out to win both games, if they loose against man city they will be well up for 3 points from Swansea. Even if they beat man city they won't field too weak aside against the jacks especially since its a bit more open 3rd and 4th spot

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:25 am

Not a chance of man utd putting out a weak side against the Jack's they want champions league secured.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:10 pm

Just had a look at the bookies odds on relegation on oddschecker...and as most of us know they rarely get it wrong.OBviously Sunderland & boro have massive odds on prices but they also have the jacks as odds on for relegation averaging around 4-7 on whilst they have Hull around 7-4 against.Lucky i put my money on them going down when they were evens :thumbup:

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:22 am

Nothing to do with getting it wrong. Hull were 1/5 at one point to go down and Swansea were 7/1 :lol:

It is not ''wrong'' as such anyway, it is representing the odds at that moment in time. If the bookies gave evens for a coin to land on heads... and it was tails - it wouldn't mean they were wrong.

But if your point is that we are more likely to go down than stay up according to the bookies, then yes I agree fully and they are most certainly correct :thumbright: