Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEXT SEASON IS GOING TO BE TOUGH FOR CARDIFF CITY '

Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:46 pm

' NEXT SEASON IS GOING TO BE TOUGH FOR CARDIFF CITY '

Monday 24th April 2017

If you want an indication of the unforgiving nature of the Championship, ask Aston Villa. Or Derby County. Or Nottingham Forest.

You can spend £millions upon £millions in the Championship but if you do not have a good manager to go with it,you won't go up.

The Championship is one of the toughest Leagues in Europe and to get out out of it is tough,to win it,thats special.

Just ask Wigan Athletic who spent £millions and will probably be relegated.

Leicester City spent £millions and it took them three years to get promotion.

Under ex Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay, Cardiff City succeeded not just getting promotion,but winning it and in style.

Even Newcastle United - with their 50,000 crowds,£millions upon £millions spent and Champions League winning manager - are hobbling over the finish line.

Neil Warnock will not have a big budget,maximum £6million, whilst most clubs looking for promotion will have £10million-£20million budget.

Next season, Cardiff must come away from these away trips to relagation troubled Wigan with three points in their pockets.

Warnock may have turned Cardiff City Stadium into a fortress of late, but you cannot build a promotion campaign on home form alone. The Bluebirds' last away victory came in the Valentine's Day thriller at Derby County which ended 4-3. Yet the last home defeat was 10 days earlier, 1-0 to Norwich City.

Sort out your home form and go from there. It's a decent mantra for a side threatened by relegation, or even a mid-table team, but next term will require away showings far superior to this one.

The Championship is an unforgiving league, and thankfully Cardiff have a manager who relishes those attritional afternoons which require you to dig in and play dirty.
Warnock anticipated the oncoming Wigan storm and becalmed it. Yet he wasn't able to inspire the Bluebirds to soar themselves, not in the absence of Kenneth Zohore up front. Not with Craig Noone and Kadeem Harris offering so little out wide.

Of course, the Danish striker's absence isn't the only hole in Warnock's squad. The 68-year-old knows that all too well, and will go out in search of star dust in the summer.

Even then, as Powell, Grealish and company have proved, there are no guarantees of promotion. Next season will begin with at least 20 Championship clubs believing they can reach the promised land.

Having a brilliant manager, who can negotiate every type of situation, is just the start.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEXT SEASON IS GOING TO BE TOUGH FOR CARDIFF CITY '

Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Other clubs may have millions to spent from parachute payments or rich owners wanting to spent what ever it takes to get to the promised land, but we've got NEIL WARNOCK. And that'll do for me. :thumbup: :ayatollah:
I'm already looking forward to next season and this one hasn't finished yet. Roll on August :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: under Malky we won it in style :lol: :lol:
:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: you mean boring football is winning in style :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Don't need the crowds and don't need the Wonga all you need is the Warnock job done :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:Other clubs may have millions to spent from parachute payments or rich owners wanting to spent what ever it takes to get to the promised land, but we've got NEIL WARNOCK. And that'll do for me. :thumbup: :ayatollah:
I'm already looking forward to next season and this one hasn't finished yet. Roll on August :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree in warnock i trust

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:07 pm

For me, I would want No other manager than Neil Warnock to manage us next season on such a small budget, So 100% I am behind NEIL WARNOCK and have been since day one :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For me, I would want No other manager than Neil Warnock to manage us next season on such a small budget, So 100% I am behind NEIL WARNOCK and have been since day one :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:12 am

troobloo3339 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: under Malky we won it in style :lol: :lol:
:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: you mean boring football is winning in style :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Plus it was a shite championship, easiest chance ever but he spent a few bob to get there.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:56 am

Just try and do it the same way Bournemouth did. Spending money is not always the answer.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 am

Jules wrote:

Plus it was a shite championship, easiest chance ever but he spent a few bob to get there.

You've just got to laugh, can't even get Malky respect for not only going up, but winning the Championship and securing our first ever major trophy since 1927 and getting in to top flight football for the first time in 51 years. I never saw anyone moaning at the time.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:

You've just got to laugh, can't even get Malky respect for not only going up, but winning the Championship and securing our first ever major trophy since 1927 and getting in to top flight football for the first time in 51 years. I never saw anyone moaning at the time.

We were hard to beat under Malky , he made us very solid at the back , we didn't have a player score with double figures that season was a huge team effort , but tbh the style we played was not attractive attacking football, I would say we were just so hard to break down and if we scored in the game we usually won , think we played good possession football and we knew when to attack, we played to our strengths.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:03 am

Yeah we were dreadful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXnwTcMLI70

Watching dross like Bellamy and Whittingham

Well done to Brighton on their fine attacking style of football which probably won them the championship this season - their fine brand of attacking football has seen them score 73 goals this season

Boring negative Cardiff only managed a meagre 72 that season

Stupid ridiculous red shirts were the only thing that was crap about that season

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:05 am

Philippine blue wrote:Just try and do it the same way Bournemouth did. Spending money is not always the answer.

Exactly, and if any manager can do it that way, Warnock can. :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:07 am

The Compactor wrote:

Yeah we were dreadful

Well done to Brighton on their fine attacking style of football which probably won them the championship this season - their fine brand of attacking football has seen them score 73 goals this season

Stupid ridiculous red shirts were the only thing that was crap about that season

Spot on :thumbright: :bluebird: but then so called trouble was actually known as True Red then :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:09 am

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:

We were hard to beat under Malky , he made us very solid at the back , we didn't have a player score with double figures that season was a huge team effort , but tbh the style we played was not attractive attacking football, I would say we were just so hard to break down and if we scored in the game we usually won , think we played good possession football and we knew when to attack, we played to our strengths.

Darren, We were very hard to beat and goals came from all areas of our team and like a poster said we scored 72 goals, we played good,quality football, but Tans red brigade will deny it and not give Malky the praise he deserves to get.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 am

The Compactor wrote:

Yeah we were dreadful

Kimbo was a class player on his day

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 am

Jules wrote:

Yeah the style werent great but I bet you werent moaning once we were winning and hard to beat, and I agree it werent the best championship but we still had to beat the team's in it and we did (except peterborough) :lol: give the guy SOME credit we had seen team's spend tens of millions and not gone anywhere for example wolves spending 13m on one player alone this year!

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:

Darren, We were very hard to beat and goals came from all areas of our team and like a poster said we scored 72 goals, we played good,quality football, but Tans red brigade will deny it and not give Malky the praise he deserves to get.

Don't get me wrong Malky does deserve huge credit for getting us promoted , as I said was a huge team effort as reason we scored 72 goals as everyone chipped in with goal , I just don't think our style Iwould discribe as attractive attacking football most of the time , Malky as I say just made us hard to beat and we were able to pick teams off , we were excellent at keeping the ball and knowing when to attack, as another poster posted we did have the ability to dominate teams like the Blackburn game away .
The only downside to that season was the red shirts

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:18 am

danielrees17 wrote:
Jules wrote:

Yeah the style werent great but I bet you werent moaning once we were winning and hard to beat, and I agree it werent the best championship but we still had to beat the team's in it and we did (except peterborough) :lol: give the guy SOME credit we had seen team's spend tens of millions and not gone anywhere for example wolves spending 13m on one player alone this year!

Rees, Tan followers won't support or back the truth even though its in black & white, Malky did the job he was asked and achieved what no other Cardiff City manager has ever done :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:21 am

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:

Don't get me wrong Malky does deserve huge credit for getting us promoted , as I said was a huge team effort as reason we scored 72 goals as everyone chipped in with goal , I just don't think our style Iwould discribe as attractive attacking football most of the time , Malky as I say just made us hard to beat and we were able to pick teams off , we were excellent at keeping the ball and knowing when to attack, as another poster posted we did have the ability to dominate teams like the Blackburn game away .
The only downside to that season was the red shirts

Spot on again, the only down side was Vincent Tans Red shirts & his followers,who have virtually disappeared now a days.

For me take away that,it was a fantastic season under Malky and the previous season was as well, Carling Cup Final, Semi-final play-offs :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 am

This is how I feel about next season !! for me the Premiership isn't the be all and end all, perhaps it was the bad memories of our last visit there, IE the re brand the new plastic Prem fans, the bad managers, the way you are treated as fans.
What I am looking forward to is a team that connects with the fans, a manager that connects with the fans and let's just face it we all love Neil Warnock and to me I literally wouldn't want any other manager at the moment.
Why ? Because he has started to give me the love back for Cardiff City I now get that feeling when we loose my weekend is ruined, I lost that :shock: But Warnock has given the buzz back and seeing players who apparently could not give two shits are now passionate. Seeing players we thought were utter crap are being transformed in front of us and with heart to boot i.e. Gunner, Zahore, Ralls and Jizz just to mention a few.
Now next season if we give it a go and we play with passion and our Neil can get out of bed for the games :laughing6: then I will be happy. If we go up under Warnock fantastic if we don't we don't. For me we are getting our Club back now I would love to see all the fans back with the passion we once had.
If you got this far without loosing the will to live thanks for reading :lol: :lol: :lol: