Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Poll shock

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:12 pm

I will never ever vote Conservative.

Even if the rest are shit I'd rather spoil my ballot paper.

They conspire to make tax evasion look like tax avoidance in order to keep the rich sweet. London is basically a tax haven for dubious oligarchs.

They don't give a shit about the common people and shame on Labour for letting them run rough shod over the UK public.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:54 am

Wayne S wrote:I will never ever vote Conservative.

Even if the rest are shit I'd rather spoil my ballot paper.

They conspire to make tax evasion look like tax avoidance in order to keep the rich sweet. London is basically a tax haven for dubious oligarchs.

They don't give a shit about the common people and shame on Labour for letting them run rough shod over the UK public.

You're dead right fella but try telling that to some of the numpties on here.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:04 am

Sums it up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:26 am

petesmeat wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
tcblue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
petesmeat wrote:
Magners wrote:A lot of Welsh people will be voting Conservative for the first time.

I will be one of them.

Can I ask why? With record number of people using food banks, human rights coming under severe scrutiny and the NHS in crisis, why do you think the Tories care? They've been in power for 7 years and it's been a horror show, the deficit has gone up and up and up, and they've given their mates tax breaks. People are dying under this government.

People mention the NHS on a regular basis, and rightly so. There have been problems as far back as I can remember. Yet, Blair was in power in 1997, it was devolved to the Welsh government in 1999, and therefore has been under the control of labour in Wales for twenty years. Nearly all the things we constantly complain about here in Wales are services which come under the control of those at Cardiff Bay. For those who live in RCT and have just received their council tax bills, they will be disappointed to see that they are one of the highest taxed authorities in the UK. Their money certainly is not being spent on the towns in RCT, where the only thing missing from most of these towns is tumbleweed blowing across deserted streets.

As for council tax, it is £171 less in Wales than England:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39366769

NHS is pretty fucked in all four nations, but don't fall into the trap of listening to the Tory nonsense that it is worse in Wales. Rather, look at these two independent reports (I.e. Written by people without bias)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-35549761
http://www.health.org.uk/publication/fo ... ey-compare

AVERAGE council tax bills in England will reach almost £1600 as authorities impose the highest increases in a decade, according to public ...
As you can tell the above is copied and pasted. I would be happy if my bill was almost £1600. That is an average, there are people in London paying £700 and £800 pounds. My bill in my labour controlled part of S Wales is just a few bucks short of £2000. I should be living in a castle for that sort of money.

Please do not base your vote on council tax. Also, that money is going to be used for something, and they'll have to find it somewhere else. Wales, and the rest of the UK, has a massive deficit and the current government and bringing us to our knees with their austerity.

It's the tories that have cut the money given to local councils so drastically, they then had to give tax raising powers to local councils and they've had to use to keep basic services going. I also pay 2k a year but blame the tories for passing the buck to the councils and not to their friends in big business. Tories have done nothing for wales ever, and anyone voting for them in the hope they do is deluded. They are the party of Thatcher and England not Wales.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:32 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:
petesmeat wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
tcblue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
petesmeat wrote:
Magners wrote:A lot of Welsh people will be voting Conservative for the first time.

I will be one of them.

Can I ask why? With record number of people using food banks, human rights coming under severe scrutiny and the NHS in crisis, why do you think the Tories care? They've been in power for 7 years and it's been a horror show, the deficit has gone up and up and up, and they've given their mates tax breaks. People are dying under this government.

People mention the NHS on a regular basis, and rightly so. There have been problems as far back as I can remember. Yet, Blair was in power in 1997, it was devolved to the Welsh government in 1999, and therefore has been under the control of labour in Wales for twenty years. Nearly all the things we constantly complain about here in Wales are services which come under the control of those at Cardiff Bay. For those who live in RCT and have just received their council tax bills, they will be disappointed to see that they are one of the highest taxed authorities in the UK. Their money certainly is not being spent on the towns in RCT, where the only thing missing from most of these towns is tumbleweed blowing across deserted streets.

As for council tax, it is £171 less in Wales than England:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39366769

NHS is pretty fucked in all four nations, but don't fall into the trap of listening to the Tory nonsense that it is worse in Wales. Rather, look at these two independent reports (I.e. Written by people without bias)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-35549761
http://www.health.org.uk/publication/fo ... ey-compare

AVERAGE council tax bills in England will reach almost £1600 as authorities impose the highest increases in a decade, according to public ...
As you can tell the above is copied and pasted. I would be happy if my bill was almost £1600. That is an average, there are people in London paying £700 and £800 pounds. My bill in my labour controlled part of S Wales is just a few bucks short of £2000. I should be living in a castle for that sort of money.

Please do not base your vote on council tax. Also, that money is going to be used for something, and they'll have to find it somewhere else. Wales, and the rest of the UK, has a massive deficit and the current government and bringing us to our knees with their austerity.

It's the tories that have cut the money given to local councils so drastically, they then had to give tax raising powers to local councils and they've had to use to keep basic services going. I also pay 2k a year but blame the tories for passing the buck to the councils and not to their friends in big business. Tories have done nothing for wales ever, and anyone voting for them in the hope they do is deluded. They are the party of Thatcher and England not Wales.

I agree, the Tories have made cuts to the money given to local councils. Not just my local authority though,everyone else has had cuts but it is my local authority that is charging £1200 per year more than many in England. And it is the leader of my local authority who is one of the highest paid in Britain.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:19 pm

You would have to be a f*cking lunatic to vote Jeremy Corbyn

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:24 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:You would have to be a f*cking lunatic to vote Jeremy Corbyn

Looney lefties :lol:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:You would have to be a f*cking lunatic to vote Jeremy Corbyn

Our loopy Welsh Government has even been criticised today for giving millions of our pounds to a group of people taking them for a ride in a venture that is pure pie in the sky. Even if construction of the circuit of wales ever gets under way, it will never be completed because the scheme will go bust long before that. I believe there is as much chance as finding Santa Claus exists as there is of seeing a motor cycle race at this proposed circuit.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Our loopy Welsh Government has even been criticised today for giving millions of our pounds to a group of people taking them for a ride in a venture that is pure pie in the sky. Even if construction of the circuit of wales ever gets under way, it will never be completed because the scheme will go bust long before that. I believe there is as much chance as finding Santa Claus exists as there is of seeing a motor cycle race at this proposed circuit.

Labour government enough said :lol: