Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY'S FUTURE "

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:48 am

Despite Craig Bellamy's DVP only winning two out of thirteen games under Bells and not winning any of their last five matches, there are hopefully some future stars .

Jamie Veale is one keep an eye on

The midfielder was tipped as one to keep an eye on before the game and so it turned out.

He was just that little bit better in everything he did, assured on the ball, an accurate distributer and not afraid to receive the ball under pressure.

The captain his some wonderful diagonals throughout the game and became more effective as the game opened up in the final quarter.

He showed a touch of class do delicately chip the ball in behind with precision to give Sion Spence a crossing chance in the first half.

Was recruited by the club at under-10 level.

Rhys Abbruzzese has a touch of Fabio about him

Another who became more effective when given the license to push on in the final quarter was left-back Rhys Abbruzzese.

A tenacious little full-back, he was solid when asked to defend but looked as though he enjoyed getting forward in the latter stages.

He showed some wonderful footwork in some tight spaces too, spinning out of the tackle skillfully in one instance and displaying some neat one-touch passing in another.

Some of his play was reminiscent of former Bluebirds favourite Fabio and if he can one day be as adored by the fans as the Brazilian was, he'll have done alright.

The talent is there to be nurtured

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock has stated and displayed his desire to bring through some youngsters at Cardiff City.

Mark Harris and Ibrahim Meite both made their league debuts for the club at Wigan on the weekend, proving to these young-guns that opportunities are there.

That in itself should be motivation enough and, given Cardiff City are safe in the division and have little to play for, Warnock may be more inclined to look to his youngsters.

The likes of Veale and Abbruzzese - both of whom are on professional contracts - are potential Bluebirds stars in waiting and there's no reason why they can't realise that potential.

It's a process that'll take some time, they always do, and I'm not saying Warnock should chuck them in this weekend.

But to suggest that there is a lack of talent in the Bluebirds' development side is misguided.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S FUTURE "

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:57 am

Annis, it was wonderful seeing some of these young pros last night.

And thinking the Club has three or four players who will have big futures in the game, for Cardiff and themselves.

Just seeing them play and thinking what they could give to the fist team, was wonderful to watch. And I was excited watching them in the game.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:19 am

City1983 wrote:Annis, it was wonderful seeing some of these young pros last night.

And thinking the Club has three or four players who will have big futures in the game, for Cardiff and themselves.

Just seeing them play and thinking what they could give to the fist team, was wonderful to watch. And I was excited watching them in the game.

I have always been a big fan of our future youngsters and I use to watch them all the time. I love it when they make it and they have come through our youth developments.

The last seven years has been very dissapointing, but hopefully a new fresh start and we will see a few players come through :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:19 pm

I was sat with jazz Richards tonight at the sponsors event, really top guy well mannered and down to earth ( not the stereo type) anyhow, he said mark Harris has a huge future and is maturing each week. A very clever player who will be playing in the first team next season. :thumbup: