Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEWCASTLE FANS & CARDIFF CITY FANS THIS FRIDAY NIGHT '

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:31 pm

' NEWCASTLE FANS & CARDIFF CITY FANS THIS FRIDAY NIGHT '

Newcastle United fans ready to party at Cardiff City after securing promotion into the Premier League

Lets get behind our Mighty Bluebirds and Cheer them and spoil the Newcastle party :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tuesday 24th April 2016

At this moment Newcastle have just won promotion to the Premier League and have had to put their ticket allocation of 6,000 on general sale as sales are around 4,000 at the moment.

Cardiff City fans can pay on the night and it would be nice to see a big turn out by the Cardiff fans as its the last home game of the season and Warnock and his players deserve a good send off :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

A crowd of around 22,000 is expected.

As many as 6,000 Newcastle United fans are expected to be at Cardiff City Stadium on Friday night as the Magpies look to celebrate securing promotion into the Premier League in their clash with the Bluebirds.

Rafa Benitez's side beat Preston North End 4-1 at St James' Park last night to ensure they returned to England's top-flight at the first attempt.

They remain in the hunt for the Championship title although current table toppers Brighton can clinch top spot with a win over Bristol City on Saturday.

But Newcastle will be hoping to put pressure on Chris Hughton's men with three points against Cardiff on Friday night.

The game was originally scheduled to take place on Saturday, but the fixture was brought back to be shown live on TV.

It is expected that Newcastle will bring a bumper away following to the Welsh capital for the penultimate clash of the 2016-17 Championship season.

And Newcastle fans simply can't wait to toast their promotion in south Wales on Friday night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEWCASTLE FANS & CARDIFF CITY FANS THIS FRIDAY NIGHT '

Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:22 pm

So Annis, what sort of reception are you expecting us Cardiff fans to give to the Geordies because I am pretty sure I know what would happen if 6000 City fans were up in Newcastle on a Friday evening to celebrate promotion!

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:13 pm

TERRYB wrote:So Annis, what sort of reception are you expecting us Cardiff fans to give to the Geordies because I am pretty sure I know what would happen if 6000 City fans were up in Newcastle on a Friday evening to celebrate promotion!

Terry, they treated us worse than awful on the Friday night we played up there.

I want Cardiff City to beat them and Cheer our Mighty Bluebirds on,not give them any credit at all :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:15 pm

I hope the club have made Newcastle pay for the 6000 tickets and not done sale or return

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:44 pm

They ask for 10k,watch our club bend over backwards to provide for them,move season ticket holders then cant even shift 6k.Embarassing. Yes ,we were treat worse then cattle up there that Friday

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:53 pm

Yep we had a lovely welcome from the geordies that night, am told 27,000 Friday but can't see it. Either way don't care, looking forward to it and some beers in town late afternoon. :thumbup: