Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' A Sad day, last ever league game '

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:17 am

A Sad day, last ever league game at Ninian Park, We lost 3 nil to Ipswich T. May 09.

It was as though Dave Jones and the Cardiff City team did not care about our loyal fans.

That day should of been special.

Section A Grandstand Ninian Park :ayatollah: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' A Sad day, last ever league game '

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:28 am

City v Ipswich, 25 April 2009 and then farewell Ninian Park. This was the last league match played there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:City v Ipswich, 25 April 2009 and then farewell Ninian Park. This was the last league match played there.

It was a sad day Annis, thank goodness the we got to witness a 'Spectacular' firework send off to compensate for the performance. :oops:

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:24 am

Rita Pidsdale wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:City v Ipswich, 25 April 2009 and then farewell Ninian Park. This was the last league match played there.

It was a sad day Annis, thank goodness the we got to witness a 'Spectacular' firework send off to compensate for the performance. :oops:

:oops:

And City players in all White to walk around the pitch :cry:

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 am

:ayatollah: :bluebird:

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 am

:ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:A Sad day, last ever league game at Ninian Park, We lost 3 nil to Ipswich T. May 09.

It was as though Dave Jones and the Cardiff City team did not care about our loyal fans.

Dave Jones was never one for sentiment or caring about the fans, he proved that on many occasions.

The club should have done a lot more to give Ninian Park the send off she so well deserved.

Still miss her :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:04 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:A Sad day, last ever league game at Ninian Park, We lost 3 nil to Ipswich T. May 09.

Dave Jones was never one for sentiment or caring about the fans, he proved that on many occasions.

The club should have done a lot more to give Ninian Park the send off she so well deserved.

A VERY SPECIAL PLACE, AND A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:

Yes, and kicking half a dozen of those plastic £1.99 footballs you get at Barry Island into the crowd!

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:

100% Agree

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:57 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:

Yes, and kicking half a dozen of those plastic £1.99 footballs you get at Barry Island into the crowd!

Worse than pathetic

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:59 pm

It was a pathetic attempt from the club from top to bottom, am I right in thinking we were still set to make the play/offs other than for a disastrous end of season. Was that the same season as the Preston thrashing.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:48 pm

As a club we are No better off since we left Ninian Park.

Same crowds/but less atmosphere by far.

Much bigger debt and We are still a Championship Club.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Sad end to a great old stadium. I walked out as soon as the players started kicking plastic balls into the stands. I did think at that point we'd have another game there in the playoffs but we went and fucked that up too :oops:

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It was a pathetic attempt from the club from top to bottom, am I right in thinking we were still set to make the play/offs other than for a disastrous end of season. Was that the same season as the Preston thrashing.

Yes lost 6-0 to PNE a couple of weeks earlier and lost at Hillsborough on the final game. Can't quite remember the result for that game but we missed out on playoffs by a f*cking goal.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Sad day and poor send off! but personally glad left as ninian park was a dump no facilities porta loos, mobile catering booth, and poor viewing! And people think that was great ? Suppose people prefer we were still there with poor crowds and standing still as a club? Each to their own :roll:
We have moved on despite all the things that have gone on, i have no doubt we would not have achieved any of things we have if still there. :old:

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Sad day and poor send off! but personally glad left as ninian park was a dump no facilities porta loos, mobile catering booth, and poor viewing! And people think that was great ? Suppose people prefer we were still there with poor crowds and standing still as a club? Each to their own :roll:
We have moved on despite all the things that have gone on, i have no doubt we would not have achieved any of things we have if still there. :old:

What we achieved since being at CCS was done in a colour completely alien to Cardiff city. That's not achievement, it's a f*cking embarrassment.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:02 pm

It was a strange day, as we didn't know if it was the last game at Ninian Park or not. We still had a chance of the play-offs. No cutting up pieces of the turf, no taking home seats or goalposts! There was some sort of 'family day' a couple of weeks later, but I didn't go to that. One good thing was that Ninian Park was demolished quite quickly, wasn't left to rot for years, like some grounds, once they aren't used any more. It got a 'decent burial'. I took a poster of the last night game, (v Derby), to a shop to be framed yesterday. Won the poster in the raffle on the Supporters' Club coach to Bristol Rovers at the start of this season. Sad to leave Ninian Park, but it was probably time.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:56 pm

murphy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Sad day and poor send off! but personally glad left as ninian park was a dump no facilities porta loos, mobile catering booth, and poor viewing! And people think that was great ? Suppose people prefer we were still there with poor crowds and standing still as a club? Each to their own :roll:

What we achieved since being at CCS was done in a colour completely alien to Cardiff city. That's not achievement, it's a f*cking embarrassment.

But records and history won't share your opinion! And that's what matters :thumbup:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:21 am

murphy wrote:

100% with you, we have not gone forward at all, same old division,fan base divided and a bigger debt, plus much of the pride and passion has gone due to Rebrand and New Stadium.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:47 am

:cry: :cry: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I still wish we were there :cry: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:50 am

:cry:

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:54 am

I’m with you on that. Ninian Park was at least 30 years past it’s best. Apart from the Swansea game, there was no more atmosphere there than at the CCS during its last 5 years.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:57 am

It was a dump and it was a shit hole but it was MY dump and shit hole and I loved every minute of being there from wet miserable days against Rochdale to memorable days against Leeds and Man City and proper Welsh debt days.......

Can I remember games at the CCS like I remember games from 20-30 years ago, no I can't. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:57 am

One of the worst days of my life :bluebird:

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:58 am

murphy wrote:

And yet during our promotion season, we were playing in red and had no crowds below 20,000 all season. Unlike this year, when yet again tonight we will have a crowd well below 20,000 while playing in blue. The colour we play in is irrelevant to crowd size or atmosphere.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:07 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:It was a dump and it was a shit hole but it was MY dump and shit hole and I loved every minute of being there from wet miserable days against Rochdale to memorable days against Leeds and Man City and proper Welsh debt days.......

Can I remember games at the CCS like I remember games from 20-30 years ago, no I can't. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON, Those are the words I say to other fans :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:16 pm

You are wrong about the crowds.the last decade at ninian park we averaged 13000. So far the average at ccs is 20000 .so how do you work out we have lost support?.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
murphy wrote:

100% with you, we have not gone forward at all, same old division,fan base divided and a bigger debt, plus much of the pride and passion has gone due to Rebrand and New Stadium.

I don't agree that the fan base is divided right not. Yes there are a fee fans who wont go over the rebrand debacle but what i am seeing each week is our supoorters as one again. Clapping players off after draws and defeats.

Warnock has been important in this as has ken choo. The club have done lots to entice fans. Cant do much more although i firmly believe the canton syand should be next to away fans to help atmosphere

Ninian park rip

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:30 pm

skiprat wrote:You are wrong about the crowds.the last decade at ninian park we averaged 13000. So far the average at ccs is 20000 .so how do you work out we have lost support?.

The last season at Ninian Park the average was 18,000, our capacity was only 21,000.