Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock:“I haven’t spent any money yet because"

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:35 am

Warnock targets ‘massive achievement’ next season by setting sights on top six

Neil Warnock:“I haven’t spent any money yet because I didn’t want to throw it away stupidly in January,”

BBC

Wednesday 26th April 2017

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says qualifying for the play-offs next season would be a massive achievement for the club.

Speaking to BBC Radio Wales, Warnock said that it would be a massive achievement for the club if the Bluebirds were near the play-off places next term.

“It’s going to be a massive achievement for everybody at the club if we can get up there near the play-offs next season with the budget we’ve got and the amount we’re going to spend.”

One position Warnock alluded to in terms of recruitment was the need for goals, with the Bluebirds playing out a 0-0 draw with Wigan Athletic with top goal scorer Kenneth Zohore rested.

“We need a few more goals, we need a few more options off the bench,” he added.

Warnock opted not to spend big in the January transfer window, instead choosing to sign Greg Halford for a nominal fee, Allan McGregor on a season long-loan and Ibrahim Meite, who has featured for the Development side.

“I haven’t spent any money yet because I didn’t want to throw it away stupidly in January,” added Warnock.

“We’ve had to bit our tongues really and be a little bit frustrated, but if we get some quality in and get a bit more choice off the bench, that’s what our objective is.”

The main reason Warnock announced that he would remain at the Cardiff City Stadium is that he wanted to be backed by the board with a budget that he felt could boost the Bluebirds chances of promotion.

After guiding Cardiff to safety after an early season fear of relegation, Warnock has now guided Cardiff to a relatively stable mid-table position as the Bluebirds look to build on that for next season.

If the Bluebirds were to qualify for the play-offs under Warnock then it may prove to be a tricky affair for the experienced Yorkshire man as he has never won the Championship play-offs.

Instead he has been promoted to the top flight as runners-up with Sheffield United, before being promoted with Queens Park Rangers as the Championship winners.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Warnock:“I haven’t spent any money yet because"

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:34 am

Neil Warnock " I haven't spent any money yet because" THERE WAS NO MONEY :)