JOE LEDLEY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JOE LEDLEY

Postby Sven » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:42 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm sorry but I want us to sign players who want to be here and Ledley clearly showed in the past he didn't want to be here. I wouldn't want him to come back just to wind down his career. We spent a small fortune paying for his hip operation, then he rewards us by running down his contract to join Celtic on a free.

I would have understood him leaving us for the Premiership, but his move to Celtic to play in an inferior league against inferior players was purely for financial greed and stalled his career. He could have continued improving to become a Premiership regular in the future if he held out for the right move, but he was so desperate to get away from us at the first opportunity to line his pockets.

Ross, I'm 100% with you on this one! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Joe certainly chased the golden coin with scant regard for the club he claimed to have supported all his life and/or the supporters who sang his name because they believed he was "one of our own"

Others will blame 'The Riddler' for Joe's departure but the simple fact was (not surprisingly) that his agent was doing his thinking for him and there was only ever one outcome, which is why he decided to run down his contract and sell his wares to the highest (not necessarily the most appropriate) bidder in the one-team League!

It's a big NOooooo! from me! :(

Two sides to every story

Jack, there sure are! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby dogfound » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:25 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I'm sorry but I want us to sign players who want to be here and Ledley clearly showed in the past he didn't want to be here. I wouldn't want him to come back just to wind down his career. We spent a small fortune paying for his hip operation, then he rewards us by running down his contract to join Celtic on a free.

I would have understood him leaving us for the Premiership, but his move to Celtic to play in an inferior league against inferior players was purely for financial greed and stalled his career. He could have continued improving to become a Premiership regular in the future if he held out for the right move, but he was so desperate to get away from us at the first opportunity to line his pockets.

Ross, I'm 100% with you on this one! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Joe certainly chased the golden coin with scant regard for the club he claimed to have supported all his life and/or the supporters who sang his name because they believed he was "one of our own"

Others will blame 'The Riddler' for Joe's departure but the simple fact was (not surprisingly) that his agent was doing his thinking for him and there was only ever one outcome, which is why he decided to run down his contract and sell his wares to the highest (not necessarily the most appropriate) bidder in the one-team League!

It's a big NOooooo! from me! :(

Sven, you make a valid point....however, let's not forget the year before he moved to Celtic the club blocked 2 possible transfers to Premier League teams for Joe which would have given him the chance to play at a higher level and obviously a huge pay rise. It's no wonder he left under a bit of a cloud 12 months later

Another brilliant piece of business by the clown Ridsdale!!!

a bid came in on deadline day with no time to recruit an adequate replacement and us chasing the play offs/promotion.
to sell at that time would have shown no ambition whatsoever
dogfound

Postby djronnieb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:16 pm

No thanks to Ledley
We need players who will last 90 minutes
Ledleys game is finished after 55 minutes
He gets subbed every match he plays in
I don't want another expensive flop at the club
He's not as good as what we already have at the club
I would be very surprised if Warnock went for him
We want players who give 100 per cent all of 90 minutes and Ledley is not one of those players
If we want a Welshman here then Dave Edwards is the player we want
He should already be playing regularly in the Welsh team
Brilliant player who can score goals
djronnieb

Postby Willo Cardiff » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 am

Joe is Cardiff trough and through, I can't see him wanting to come back with warnock in charge he didn't enjoy his training methods at palace
Willo Cardiff

Postby lathamgaffney » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:44 am

djronnieb wrote:No thanks to Ledley
We need players who will last 90 minutes
Ledleys game is finished after 55 minutes
He gets subbed every match he plays in
I don't want another expensive flop at the club
He's not as good as what we already have at the club
I would be very surprised if Warnock went for him
We want players who give 100 per cent all of 90 minutes and Ledley is not one of those players
If we want a Welshman here then Dave Edwards is the player we want
He should already be playing regularly in the Welsh team
Brilliant player who can score goals

Some valid points there. I can't see him being that expensive now though, he'd also get the fans excited again in my opinion. Think it's literally a 50/50 split between CCFC fans on Joe Ledley.
09/01/2015 - The Rebirth of the Bluebirds

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LathamGaffney
lathamgaffney

Postby AfricanBluebird » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:17 am

It would be a no from me.

I'd rather a young hungry, aggressive and mobile Sidy Sarr (or similar type player), as being reported, on realistic wages.
AfricanBluebird

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:20 am

lathamgaffney wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:Him and gunnarson in centre midfield could be one of the best midfield pairings in the championship imo, crative number 10 in front of them aswell and we will be looming good in midfield

Gunnar, Ledley Taraabt ?

If Warnock could get Taraabt fit and back to his best then that would be one of the best midfields in the league! :ayatollah:

Shame that Taarabt has plummeted. What a player he once was! :clap:

I think if he has a run of games under Warnock he'll get the best out of him.

A midfield of Gunnar, Ledley, Taraabt, Mackie & Hoilett With Harris coming off the bench would be ideal.
depending on wages of course. :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby BournvilleBlue » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:45 am

I'd have him back tomorrow. Nobody knows what went on in the background, could have been any number of reasons - his decision to leave, his agent could have had a massive influence, not letting him go to the Prem earlier, the shambles that was the CCFC management team at the time. At the end of the day he is a decent player, from Cardiff, better than most in the Championship, plays his heart out, scored THAT FA cup goal which made me cry with happiness and seems like he would be a good influence in the changing room. No brainer for me. Make him Captain! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
BournvilleBlue

Postby AfricanBluebird » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:52 pm

BournvilleBlue wrote:I'd have him back tomorrow. Nobody knows what went on in the background, could have been any number of reasons - his decision to leave, his agent could have had a massive influence, not letting him go to the Prem earlier, the shambles that was the CCFC management team at the time. At the end of the day he is a decent player, from Cardiff, better than most in the Championship, plays his heart out, scored THAT FA cup goal which made me cry with happiness and seems like he would be a good influence in the changing room. No brainer for me. Make him Captain! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I'm not sure if you can categorically state he is better than most in the Championship. He may be or he may not be. We just don't know as it has been sometime since he's played there... the Championship has changed and so has Joe.

Would he be good enough? Based on his likely wages it would be a big gamble considering that there are younger and cheaper options available.

I would love it if he came back but I think that is due to him being a Cardiff boy rather than what we need.

Think our heads need to rule our hearts on this one.
AfricanBluebird

Postby boyo1927 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:43 pm

I would love to see joe back. It's not his fault that out club rejected 6m from Stoke. It's the clubs fault the contract was not sorted. Celtic are a massive club and I am sure great memorys for him playing for them before getting to premiership. Sign him up if he's free
boyo1927

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Not for me. Move on.
He's just a water carrier these days.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:18 pm

I think a lot of our fans hold on to much to past players. they rarely come back as we hope and generally not as good as we remember.

Campbell is the only one I can think of who I think would be a excellent signing.
2blue2handle

Postby BournvilleBlue » Fri May 26, 2017 11:02 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
BournvilleBlue wrote:I'd have him back tomorrow. Nobody knows what went on in the background, could have been any number of reasons - his decision to leave, his agent could have had a massive influence, not letting him go to the Prem earlier, the shambles that was the CCFC management team at the time. At the end of the day he is a decent player, from Cardiff, better than most in the Championship, plays his heart out, scored THAT FA cup goal which made me cry with happiness and seems like he would be a good influence in the changing room. No brainer for me. Make him Captain! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I'm not sure if you can categorically state he is better than most in the Championship. He may be or he may not be. We just don't know as it has been sometime since he's played there... the Championship has changed and so has Joe.

Would he be good enough? Based on his likely wages it would be a big gamble considering that there are younger and cheaper options available.

I would love it if he came back but I think that is due to him being a Cardiff boy rather than what we need.

Think our heads need to rule our hearts on this one.

Yeah you may be right, just liked him as a player back in the day. Also seems like he works wonders lifting spirits in the wales dressing room. I think he would be a Warnock type of player but may be past his best now. Worth a punt though!
BournvilleBlue

Previous

Return to General Chat