Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

14 goals in 32 games:Does the Striker Deserve to Return?

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:21 am

14 goals in 32 games: Does Idriss Saadi deserve another chance at Cardiff City?

The Frenchman has been in fine form at Belgian side KV Kortrijk.

For a period at the start of the season it looked like Cardiff City were doomed to Championship relegation.

With Neil Warnock as manager it paid off and now, with the season drawing to a close, Cardiff are sitting safe in 13th position.

That said, Cardiff might have been better off with a potent goalscorer in the team.

Kenneth Zohore is their top-scorer this season and they have been helped by goals coming from all over the pitch.

But perhaps they should have given another chance to Idriss Saadi this season.

The Frenchman joined Cardiff in August 2015 from Clermont, where he had a potent scoring record.

However, he struggled in Wales. He featured just two times, did not score and suffered with injuries throughout the campaign.

With that in mind, Cardiff sent him out on loan in the summer. He joined Belgian side KV Kortrijk and has had a very impressive season.

The 25-year-old has scored 14 goals in 32 games this season for the club, who are owned by Cardiff’s owner Vincent Tan, in what has been a far more progressive campaign.

Saadi’s goals and style of play would undoubtedly have been welcomed by Warnock. The striker still has one year left on his deal in Wales and after his good showing this season perhaps he is worth giving another go in 2017-18.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 14 goals in 32 games:Does the Striker Deserve to Return?

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 am

I think NW puts great store by seeing how people train,thats how he gave Zahore his chance when no-one on here had a good word for him.So perhaps a good pre-season showing maybe his big chance.Anyway NW will have watched alot of footage so probably has a better idea than most if he wants him.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 am

no

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 am

Worth a season with city, he is a natural goal scorer which is what we are looking for and we have the added bonus of not having to pay a fee for him, but just his wages which I would think are not anywhere near some of the current city players wages. :bluebird:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:58 am

Surely NW will look at him in pre-season.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Bring him in and let him have a preseason and even start the season with us then if warnock doesnt fancy him we sell simple as that really

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Reza wrote:Bring him in and let him have a preseason and even start the season with us then if warnock doesnt fancy him we sell simple as that really

Agree

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:27 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Reza wrote:Bring him in and let him have a preseason and even start the season with us then if warnock doesnt fancy him we sell simple as that really

Agree

I 2nd that :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:34 pm

can't see that we would have anything to lose by giving him a chance.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree

Agree as well, thats most definitely the smartest and most sensible thing that Warnock could do regarding Saadi.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:39 pm

From Facebook

Blake Knight Better than what we've got on the bench atm. And would be cheaper than buying someone to compete with Ken.

Ricky Wilkins Id give him a go

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:48 pm

I think he will be sold for a small fee to help Warnock bring in his own men.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:can't see that we would have anything to lose by giving him a chance.

100% what is there to lose?

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:45 pm

nippy wrote:no

No? Based on what? He's looked decent in Belgium & that brief cameo had for us had me thinking there is something about him.

He's got to have a full pre season to prove himself to Warnock, he's tried to give most of our players a chance, I think he'll look at Saadi before deciding whether to bin him off or not.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree

Exactly, let him prove his worth and if he's not good enough they'll be a few offers abroad I'm sure.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:06 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree

Exactly, let him prove his worth and if he's not good enough they'll be a few offers abroad I'm sure.

Give him a full preseason with warnock,the guy has pace

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:21 pm

It would be interesting to see what he could do pre-season but it was said previously that Saadi would not be returning to Cardiff next season for 'private' reasons (whatever that might mean) :?

Neil Warnock hasn't really commented on Saadi or his position, where he has mentioned/praised certain others...

I hope I'm wrong but it seems he will not come back to the club next season :(

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:55 pm

Sven wrote:It would be interesting to see what he could do pre-season but it was said previously that Saadi would not be returning to Cardiff next season for 'private' reasons (whatever that might mean) :?

Neil Warnock hasn't really commented on Saadi or his position, where he has mentioned/praised certain others...

Chris his interview today was interesting, he sung the praises or Okeefe, Kennedy and especially Huws but stressed their futures depend on which of his targets he gets in.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Sven wrote:It would be interesting to see what he could do pre-season but it was said previously that Saadi would not be returning to Cardiff next season for 'private' reasons (whatever that might mean) :?

I'd forgotten that so I don't think we'll be seeing him.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:10 pm

When Warnock visited the social in caerphilly a few weeks back,he said he needed players he could trust and Saadi wouldn't be here next year

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:25 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Chris his interview today was interesting, he sung the praises or Okeefe, Kennedy and especially Huws but stressed their futures depend on which of his targets he gets in.

Jack, it seems there was an issue with him but no one has yet said what. Could be personal or personality but a couple of coaches/managers have ignored him (if you can count Paul Trollope n that category :laughing6: ) and as you rightly say, Neil Warnock isn't saying too much on the subject of Saadi

The comment posted by caerblue (above) who was at the recent Caerphilly evening is pretty telling, too!

Quote (Neil Warnock): "trust" Hmmmmm... ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Jack, it seems there was an issue with him but no one has yet said what. Could be personal or personality but a couple of coaches/managers have ignored him (if you can count Paul Trollope n that category :laughing6: ) and as you rightly say, Neil Warnock isn't saying too much on the subject of Saadi

The comment posted by caerblue (above) who was at the recent Caerphilly evening is pretty telling, too!

Quote (Neil Warnock): "trust" Hmmmmm... ;) :ayatollah:

i like Neil Warnock as a manager and think he was exactly what we needed when he arrived.
but.. i think by now people should be realising what he thinks/says today is not always what he thinks tomorrow.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Hope Saadi gets a chance him and Zohore up front would put defenders into early retirement.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Hope Saadi gets a chance him and Zohore up front would put defenders into early retirement.

i know he is your favourite player but think you should prepare yourself for bad news.