Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SPURS FAN BROKEN SKULL/ATTACKED BY HIS OWN SUPPORTERS '

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:31 am

' SPURS FAN BROKEN SKULL/ATTACKED BY HIS OWN SUPPORTERS '

Tottenham fan left with broken skull and eye socket after being attacked by his own fans 'who thought he was a Chelsea supporter' after Wembley FA Cup semi-final

Daily Mail

Thursday 27th April 2017

A Tottenham Hotspur fan was left with a broken cheekbone, eye socket and skull after an unprovoked attack by a set of fellow Spurs fans who may have mistaken him for a rival Chelsea supporter.

Michael Voller, 23, who formerly worked for Spurs as a training ground gardener, was punched in the face as he left Wembley Stadium following Saturday's FA Cup semi-final.

Although Mr Voller has been discharged from hospital, he still needs treatment and doctors are concerned that his eyesight may be permanently damaged.

Tottenham supporter Michael Voller, 23, suffered a broken skull, cheekbone and eye socket after an unprovoked attack by a fellow Spurs fan after Saturday's FA Cup semi-final

Police believe that Mr Voller was mistaken for a rival Chelsea fan and that led to the attack

The attack happened outside at around 7.30pm outside Moore Spice Indian Restaurant on Engineers Way, close to Wembley Stadium.

Mr Voller, who had attended the match with a group of friends, was targeted by a group of Tottenham fans walking in the opposite direction.

Police believe one of the group thought Mr Voller was a Chelsea fan and punched him in the face.

The suspect is described as a white man, aged in his early 20s and approximately 5ft 10ins tall. He was wearing a black hooded top or jacket.

The attack on Mr Voller occurred outside the Moore Spice restaurant on Engineers Way
Chelsea and Tottenham contested the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley on Saturday evening

Detective Constable James Robb, of Brent CID, the investigating officer, said: 'This was a violent and unprovoked assault that has left a young man with some terrible injuries that could end up affecting him for the rest of his life.

'This kind of violence has absolutely no place at a football match, and I sincerely hope that those who were with the person responsible do the right thing by Michael, who is a fellow supporter and has supported Tottenham since he was a young boy.

'I’d appeal to all Spurs fans to think hard about whether they have any information about the person who did this. I’ve no doubt that there will be several people who know who did this and I would appeal to anyone with information to get in touch with us or to contact Crimestoppers anonymously.'

Anyone with information regarding the assault or the identity of the suspect should contact Brent CID on 020 8733 3737 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' SPURS FAN BROKEN SKULL/ATTACKED BY HIS OWN SUPPORTERS

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Some unthinking idiots out there and (despite the fine footballing reputation of a Spurs side I've always had a soft spot for having worked up there for a while at the time Glenn Hoddle was their shining light, some of their fans are quietly amongst the worst football :(

I recall our night-time cup game against them a few seasons back (probably more than I'm thinking) and our buses were parked in a school some distance away. We had to walk past a park through a housing estate in the dark and we didn't know where the bottles and missiles were coming from next! :twisted:

I hope the perpetrators get caught. Lots of CCTV up there and they'll be trying hard 'in the public interest' :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:21 pm

Doesn't really matter which team the victim supports - it's still a despicable act.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Doesn't really matter which team the victim supports - it's still a despicable act.

Don't disagree. I was just pointing out that Spurs fans are often 'forgotten' in the thug stakes! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Sven wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:Doesn't really matter which team the victim supports - it's still a despicable act.

Don't disagree. I was just pointing out that Spurs fans are often 'forgotten' in the thug stakes! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

A lot of Premier League supporters' mischief goes unnoticed shall we say

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Sven wrote:

A lot of Premier League supporters' mischief goes unnoticed shall we say

You're not wrong! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 pm

Sven wrote:Some unthinking idiots out there and (despite the fine footballing reputation of a Spurs side I've always had a soft spot for having worked up there for a while at the time Glenn Hoddle was their shining light, some of their fans are quietly amongst the worst football :(

I recall our night-time cup game against them a few seasons back (probably more than I'm thinking) and our buses were parked in a school some distance away. We had to walk past a park through a housing estate in the dark and we didn't know where the bottles and missiles were coming from next! :twisted:

I hope the perpetrators get caught. Lots of CCTV up there and they'll be trying hard 'in the public interest' :ayatollah:

That night on the walk back the bus two of their "top boys" decided to walk down through us city fans, he put his arms in their chanting "we are the yids" next thing him and his mate were over the bonnet of a car as city fans cued up to punch them.
You then also had the infamous tennis court battle too.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:20 am

how many you dealt this out to people who wanted to watch a football match?

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:22 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Sven wrote:Some unthinking idiots out there and (despite the fine footballing reputation of a Spurs side I've always had a soft spot for having worked up there for a while at the time Glenn Hoddle was their shining light, some of their fans are quietly amongst the worst football :(

That night on the walk back the bus two of their "top boys" decided to walk down through us city fans, he put his arms in their chanting "we are the yids" next thing him and his mate were over the bonnet of a car as city fans cued up to punch them.
You then also had the infamous tennis court battle too.

I remember a tv being thrown over the top of the fence that night :lol: