Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Who's the player the fans and press aren't keen on? "

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 am

The Media today Asked Neil Warnock

Who's the player the fans and press aren't keen on?

Neil Warnock replied:
"I think you could work it out who the player is I’m talking about. You’re pretty clever you lads!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: "Who's the player the fans and press aren't keen on? "

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 am

ralls??

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:06 am

Reza wrote:ralls??

Morrison? I rate the guy personally but a lot of my mates don't...

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 am

My opinion, Sean Morrison as he's not a leader/Captain and no contact with City fans etc

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My opinion, Sean Morrison as he's not a leader/Captain and no contact with City fans etc

i think hes decent just not very quick,not a leader tho i get that still think he'd be good around the squad tho even if hes not starting

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Reza wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My opinion, Sean Morrison as he's not a leader/Captain and no contact with City fans etc

i think hes decent just not very quick,not a leader tho i get that still think he'd be good around the squad tho even if hes not starting

Who do you think they are on about?

He is an ok player,but not a Capt or leader.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:47 pm

I think its Morrison

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Lambert

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:09 pm

So just the usual guesswork, then? No apparent evidence; just some guesswork (based on what, I'm not too sure?) and some 'mischief-making' by Neil Warnock. Perhaps he has an agenda?? :?

On a personal level, I thought we'd re-signed Jay Bothroyd; confirmed as a very unpopular player within the City squad by the end of his tenure and effectively 'black balled' by the squad when rumours of a return surfaced after he realised the grass wasn't any greener on the other side of the Bridge! ;) :laughing6:

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:13 pm

Halford?

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Got to be Morrison if it's a player he thinks is in the running for player of the year, he's featured in most games

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:19 pm

More than 1 ( IMO ) ;)

Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:51 am

Take your pick

Pilkington
Lambert
Halford

All rubbish

Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:55 am

Bit harsh on Halford I think the Guy has done well since he's come in and Whenever picked he hasn't let the side down.

Leeds and Derby away MOM in both.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:45 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:Bit harsh on Halford I think the Guy has done well since he's come in and Whenever picked he hasn't let the side down.

Leeds and Derby away MOM in both.

Yeah, I've always been a fan of Harford. Obviously not in his prime now but never fails to do his job. I've seen a lot of criticism of a number of players including Morrison, Noone, Pilkington, and Lambert. Others as well. I still think our squad is a mess. Needs a complete overhaul. I'd keep McGregor on for another year if possible, Manga, Peltier, Hoilett, Gunnarsson, Ralls, and Zohore then also possibly bring back Saadi to see what he's like. After that, I'd quite happily let everyone else go if a bid of note came in. I'd even have to reluctantly admit to letting John go for his own sake. Think he needs to move to League One and rebuild his career elsewhere. Shame because he's been completely mismanaged.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Reza wrote:

Who do you think they are on about?

He is an ok player,but not a Capt or leader.

i thought maybe ralls he doesnt get the appreciation he should hes quality

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 pm

I would be surprised if its Ralls, he may not get the praise he deserves but not many fans have a bad word to say about him (unless you go back to the start of the season before Warnock arrives when he had unfair criticism).

Id be amazed if it isn't Morrison.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:27 pm

I honestly believe that Manga, Bamba, Gunnarsson, Hoilett and possibly Zohore and Harris aside, none of our players are good enough to challenge for promotion

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:31 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:I honestly believe that Manga, Bamba, Gunnarsson, Hoilett and possibly Zohore and Harris aside, none of our players are good enough to challenge for promotion

Pretty sure Brighton fans would've thought aside from Knockaert, Dunk, Sidwell and possibly Murray that they'd have players good enough to win the Championship.

In this league you don't need to have an XI of standout performers, it's just a team of consistency and a sprinkling of star quality

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:14 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:I honestly believe that Manga, Bamba, Gunnarsson, Hoilett and possibly Zohore and Harris aside, none of our players are good enough to challenge for promotion

Pretty sure Brighton fans would've thought aside from Knockaert, Dunk, Sidwell and possibly Murray that they'd have players good enough to win the Championship.

In this league you don't need to have an XI of standout performers, it's just a team of consistency and a sprinkling of star quality

But that's what I mean, none of them are consistent enough

Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:29 pm

So over half the team are good enough then? I'll take that. Squads have gone up with less quality.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:49 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:

So over half the team are good enough then? I'll take that. Squads have gone up with less quality.

4 definitely good enough, the other 2 I'm uncertain of but I wouldn't yet say they're not good enough