Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEIL WARNOCK WANTS BRIGHTON '

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:16 pm

' NEIL WARNOCK WANTS BRIGHTON TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP '

Neil Warnock has admitted he would love to spoil the party for Rafa Benitez with a home win – albeit in front of a sizeable away support – would hand the title to Brighton, a team he has long described as the best in the division.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“It’s all building up now till the end of the season and thankfully I don’t have to worry about anything other than next season,” Warnock added. “We just have pride at stake but we need to put a good performance on in front of the TV cameras. With Newcastle coming it’s a game that whets the appetite.

“It will be a good crowd and the Geordies will be coming to celebrate – but hopefully we can put one over on them. I was delighted they won on Monday because it adds more spice to our game. That’s what I was hoping for really.

“I think Brighton have had the best team but Newcastle have the strongest and biggest squad, and it’s a blessing they are going up because you don’t want them in the Championship for too long.”

Newcastle have been in the headlines following a shock raid on their training ground and St James' Park Stadium which is being linked with investigations by HMRC.

But Warnock insisted: “I don’t think the players will give two hoots if I’m honest, I think they will just be getting on with their own performance. I’m sure they’d like a chance to win the league, but that’s why it promises to be such a good game. I know our lads are really looking forward to it. I’m looking forward to seeing how Ken goes against the centre-halves and a few other battles.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK WANTS BRIGHTON '

Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:31 pm

He's a tinker! LOL :lol: :lol:

Hopefully, we will see a Neil Warnock led Cardiff City side putting in a performance on Friday night to send the fans (those hardy should travelling to Huddersfield apart :notworthy: ) into the summer recess with a smile on their faces and being positive about next season! :ayatollah:

It really does make a difference and I still recall the depressingly damp squib versus Ipswich Town when we said a sad goodbye to Ninian Park a few seasons ago. Was a horrible way to end an historic event and I think most fans left the re more than a little depressed! :(

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK WANTS BRIGHTON '

Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:01 am

Newcastle promoted to Premier League on Monday

Magpies four points behind leaders Brighton

Cardiff win would make Brighton champions