Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Morrison

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Take nothing away from Hayden for that strike but I can see why people are on Morrisons back. Stood off him completely.

Re: Morrison

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Not at fault imo. Midfield should have been closing him down.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Boys against men I'm afraid

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 pm

And at fault for conceding the free kich which they scored from.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:43 pm

Dahboy wrote:And at fault for conceding the free kich which they scored from.

Joe Ralls is also Poop

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:45 pm

Didn't look like a free kick from where I was? Midfield let him run through them to be fair.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:21 pm

KWest wrote:

Didn't look like a free kick from where I was? Midfield let him run through them to be fair.

Definite free kick, but you're right, no protection from midfield

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:16 pm

And a shocking back header which McGregor rescued him from.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:27 pm

We got done in the midfield today, it just wasn't Dynamic enough resting Ralls was a mistake in my opinion, cant fault Morrison for too much today other than the dodgy back header to Mcgregor.

Not quite sure why his header was disallowed I didn't see him foul anyone from where I was sitting?

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:37 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:We got done in the midfield today, it just wasn't Dynamic enough resting Ralls was a mistake in my opinion, cant fault Morrison for too much today other than the dodgy back header to Mcgregor.

Not quite sure why his header was disallowed I didn't see him foul anyone from where I was sitting?

You're right in that we got done in midfield. The game just passed Whittingham by today - their midfield just walked round him at their leisure. Whilst he was on the pitch it was like 10 v 11.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:42 pm

davids wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:We got done in the midfield today, it just wasn't Dynamic enough resting Ralls was a mistake in my opinion, cant fault Morrison for too much today other than the dodgy back header to Mcgregor.

You're right in that we got done in midfield. The game just passed Whittingham by today - their midfield just walked round him at their leisure. Whilst he was on the pitch it was like 10 v 11.

Wasn't that their second goal.......Whitts was sub'd by then..

The game passes the midfield because its like watching a North Korean military display......We just boot it as far down the field as possible. Russ Slade would be so proud.....Bring back Turner

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:45 pm

What was Halford playing for ?

Exactly that.

As soon as he went off they strolled through where Halford would have been, and scored. He may be a donkey, but he does a decent job at doing the donkey work.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:20 am

barry boy wrote:What was Halford playing for ?

Exactly that.

As soon as he went off they strolled through where Halford would have been, and scored. He may be a donkey, but he does a decent job at doing the donkey work.

That's exactly how I saw it. As soon as Halford came off there was nobody sitting in that hole between defence and midfield. People seem to miss all the work Halford actually does. I thought he was a stand out player yesterday and Jazz Richards was superb.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:52 am

No issues with Halford. He goes in and does what he is asked to do. Nothing flashy but thats obviously what Warnock wants him doing. He hasn't cost the earth and takes the pressure of gunnarson. Personally I am a fan of O'Keefe but Warnock isn't. he is the manager and I trust his judgement on who he wants to work with. He puts himself about and isn't there to do anything flashy Also versatile to cover across the back.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Exactly that.

Finally a bit of sense. Diame was totally ineffective in the first half as Halford did a job on him. I simply can't understand how people can't see what Halford offers.

Morrison on the other hand, well I've been saying it for the past few seasons! How he's survived under Warnock is beyond me!

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:17 pm

A few bad passes and everyone gets on his back.
No mean central defensive midfield spoiler.
He is what he is, Newcastle opened us at will when he went off.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:22 pm

fred keenor wrote:A few bad passes and everyone gets on his back.
No mean central defensive midfield spoiler.
He is what he is, Newcastle opened us at will when he went off.

used to be the same with Hudson for a long time.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:50 pm

Turk-Bluebird! wrote:

Exactly that.

That's exactly how I saw it. As soon as Halford came off there was nobody sitting in that hole between defence and midfield. People seem to miss all the work Halford actually does. I thought he was a stand out player yesterday and Jazz Richards was superb.

Halford the stand out player!!! - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wish I had been drinking what you were on. I'm 63, and in a sprint would back myself every time! - I've seen more life in a tramp's vest. :oops:

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:04 am

mugsy wrote:
Turk-Bluebird! wrote:

Exactly that.

Halford the stand out player!!! - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wish I had been drinking what you were on. I'm 63, and in a sprint would back myself every time! - I've seen more life in a tramp's vest. :oops:

best player rely on the football brain than the sprint especially in the positon.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:07 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Exactly that.

Finally a bit of sense. Diame was totally ineffective in the first half as Halford did a job on him. I simply can't understand how people can't see what Halford offers.

Morrison on the other hand, well I've been saying it for the past few seasons! How he's survived under Warnock is beyond me!

That's easy it's because Warnock has forgotten more about football than you'll ever know and recognises a good championship defender.