just wondering?
MalkyandBlueIN

Where has 'Hey Jude' gone?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Where has hey jude gone?

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:23 pm

I've been wondering the same too, and the guy over the tannoy shouting 'support the boys, and make. Some. Noooooiiiiissseeee!!" I'm pretty sure neither have happen this season. However I have (through no fault of mine own before getting roasted on here) turned up to a couple of games 5 mins late so could well have missed them. I know they haven't been played in the other 20 games. I'm curious to know why myself. Thank god Men of Harlech is still played
Jimmy Floyd

Postby MalkyandBlueIN » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:27 pm

All gone down hill really when Ali left. Had some originality about him
MalkyandBlueIN

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Was that the guy on the tannoy? Surely someone can do it instead of him? I'd like to think I'd be quite good at screaming make some noise down the mic, try and stick a good word in for me mate?
Jimmy Floyd

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:33 pm

I like hey jude just before kick off to get crowd going right as we kick off
gwentbluebirds

Re: Where has 'Hey Jude' gone?

Postby Chris Holmes » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:34 pm

In the old days we would have heard The Beatles singing Taxman blasting out for the Newcastle game
Chris Holmes

Postby nubbsy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:38 pm

Ali got sacked I'm suprised u didn't hear about it. The whole pre game build up is a joke, no hey jude and that stupid count down thing is embarrassing.
nubbsy

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:04 pm

nubbsy wrote:Ali got sacked I'm suprised u didn't hear about it. The whole pre game build up is a joke, no hey jude and that stupid count down thing is embarrassing.

Agree it's really cringey especially when it kicks off before or after the clock is ready hopefully get rid for next year
gwentbluebirds

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:17 pm

No I had no idea he was sacked. What happened? Nosey f****er I know haha
Jimmy Floyd

Postby City Slicker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:39 pm

I loved Hey Jude, not keen on the other stuff they play but I wish they would play "with my little pick and shovel" FFS it's our song!
City Slicker

Postby llangainbluebird » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:58 pm

It is very poor over the tannoy. Cringeworthy, to be honest. Really hope that it can be sorted out by next season. The worst of a bad lot is at half-time, when, well, we all know who, reads out the obituaries. He frequently messes it up. Embarrassing at best, downright insulting, at worst. Don't suppose Ali will be back, but surely we can do better than this?
llangainbluebird

Postby nubbsy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Jimmy Floyd wrote:No I had no idea he was sacked. What happened? Nosey f****er I know haha

It was in the papers and all over the forum. I'm not quite sure but looks like the club treated him very poorly over the years and slandered him when they fired him then when he went to press charges they offered some kind of deal. Apologies if i've got this wrong but I'm sure he wrote a big post on here explaining what exactly went on and it was quite sad really, he's been the announcer since I can remember and he was the voice of the matchday for many years. (maybe another side to the story though..)
nubbsy

Postby Jimmy Floyd » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:44 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Jimmy Floyd wrote:No I had no idea he was sacked. What happened? Nosey f****er I know haha

It was in the papers and all over the forum. I'm not quite sure but looks like the club treated him very poorly over the years and slandered him when they fired him then when he went to press charges they offered some kind of deal. Apologies if i've got this wrong but I'm sure he wrote a big post on here explaining what exactly went on and it was quite sad really, he's been the announcer since I can remember and he was the voice of the matchday for many years. (maybe another side to the story though..)

I searched it up earlier and found a Wales online article about it. The club just suddenly decided to tell him he would no longer be required on match days just a day before the new season started against Fulham, it came as a huge shock to him and he was absolutely gutted. As soon as he was told he ran straight down to the ticket office to buy tickets for the game to make sure he didn't miss it, fair play to him. not a nice way to lose your job, especially with him being so happy to do it. 14 years he was there for apparently.
Jimmy Floyd

Postby barry boy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Most of the better crowd participation tunes have either disappeared or been toned down, or shortened.
Some like Ill be there is now well before the players come out, men of Harlech I hardly notice, and Ali is missed.
Hey Jude too.
And the tannoy is too quiet...it should be blasting out just before kick off, like at some other grounds.

DURING the game - why have they stopped putting the team sheets on the big screen ? Always useful and interesting to know who the opposition players are and who is on the bench for us. NEVER shown now...just some poxy adverts.
barry boy

Postby Fusilier23 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:49 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:It is very poor over the tannoy. Cringeworthy, to be honest. Really hope that it can be sorted out by next season. The worst of a bad lot is at half-time, when, well, we all know who, reads out the obituaries. He frequently messes it up. Embarrassing at best, downright insulting, at worst. Don't suppose Ali will be back, but surely we can do better than this?

Agree with all the posts re HJ etc. I suggested to the club that they play it at the NUFC game as it was obvious the toon would make a lot of noise. Apparently though the club know better and did not play it.

The club need to help us create an atmosphere and this would be an easy win.

Half the announcements you cannot hear and those you can are so monotone it is embarrassing.

Is also bad when it takes them 15 minutes to amend the scoreboards!!!!!!
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
Fusilier23

Postby gwentbluebirds » Tue May 02, 2017 4:59 am

City Slicker wrote:I loved Hey Jude, not keen on the other stuff they play but I wish they would play "with my little pick and shovel" FFS it's our song!

I'll be there is played usually straight after men of harlech but like men of Harlech it is played about 5 mins before players come out they should be played as players come out and hey jude just before kick off to create the atmosphere.
gwentbluebirds

Postby petesmeat » Tue May 02, 2017 7:57 am

Jimmy Floyd wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I searched it up earlier and found a Wales online article about it. The club just suddenly decided to tell him he would no longer be required on match days just a day before the new season started against Fulham, it came as a huge shock to him and he was absolutely gutted. As soon as he was told he ran straight down to the ticket office to buy tickets for the game to make sure he didn't miss it, fair play to him. not a nice way to lose your job, especially with him being so happy to do it. 14 years he was there for apparently.

It wasn't like that. I don't want to say too much in case I get in trouble but I'm sure if you search for him and club shop, I'm sure you'll find something on here.
petesmeat

Postby nubbsy » Tue May 02, 2017 9:57 am

petesmeat wrote:
Jimmy Floyd wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

It wasn't like that. I don't want to say too much in case I get in trouble but I'm sure if you search for him and club shop, I'm sure you'll find something on here.

Didn't he completely deny what was said about that though? And the club offered him a bribe to stay quiet thus supporting his claim that they made up shit about him.
nubbsy

Postby barry boy » Mon May 08, 2017 11:15 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
City Slicker wrote:I loved Hey Jude, not keen on the other stuff they play but I wish they would play "with my little pick and shovel" FFS it's our song!

I'll be there is played usually straight after men of harlech but like men of Harlech it is played about 5 mins before players come out they should be played as players come out and hey jude just before kick off to create the atmosphere.

Spot On. and louder.
barry boy

Postby davids » Mon May 08, 2017 2:39 pm

They played it yesterday at Huddersfield though I'm pretty sure they didn't do it for our benefit! :lol:

They did play the Stereophonics at half time which they probably did to wind us up seeing as that short arse twunt of a lead singer supports the Scummers.
davids

Postby smackajack101309 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:13 pm

Didn't Ali get sacked just after tan and his crew came there
smackajack101309

Postby Man of Harlech » Mon May 08, 2017 7:37 pm

smackajack101309 wrote:Didn't Ali get sacked just after tan and his crew came there

No. Just another incorrect anti tan dig?
Man of Harlech

Return to General Chat