Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF FANS AWAY AT HUDDERSFIELD TODAY '

Sun May 07, 2017 11:12 am

480 Cardiff City fans at Huddersfield today for the last game of the season :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARDIFF FANS AWAY AT HUDDERSFIELD TODAY '

Sun May 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Fair play, I would've expected about half of that for a 12 o'clock dead rubber all the way up in Huddersfield :clap: :clap: :clap: safe trip back :ayatollah:

Sun May 07, 2017 2:16 pm

Hats off to them all. Good support.

Sun May 07, 2017 7:49 pm

just got back, shocking away support,where are our fans? :cry:

Sun May 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Crowd 20,583 including 480 Cardiff City fans, No restrictions and pay on the day :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun May 07, 2017 9:12 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:just got back, shocking away support,where are our fans? :cry:

Shocking support? Really? A dead rubber at the end of the season to decide if we finished 12th - 14th and nearly a 5 hour journey for a 12.00 KO I'm surprised we took as many as we did. I would've thought 250 tops

Sun May 07, 2017 9:21 pm

20100 fans in the ground were virtually silent all game.

Sun May 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Great support for a nothing game, well done to everyone who travelled.

Mon May 08, 2017 7:12 am

Carl looks like he's missing you Annis!
:lol:

Mon May 08, 2017 7:26 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Carl looks like he's missing you Annis!

He certainly is :lol: I will be back next season for at least one away game a month and it does not matter where it is as long as the flights work out :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon May 08, 2017 9:59 am

IcemanCometh wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:just got back, shocking away support,where are our fans? :cry:

Shocking support? Really? A dead rubber at the end of the season to decide if we finished 12th - 14th and nearly a 5 hour journey for a 12.00 KO I'm surprised we took as many as we did. I would've thought 250 tops

Yes mate it was, i was there mate travelled on supporters coach with my son :ayatollah: , i think we might of had the worst away support in the Champ, shocking mate,shocking

Mon May 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Its about what they brought to us when they were 3rd in the League so its not that shocking is it!

Well done to those that travelled.

Mon May 08, 2017 7:32 pm

RV Casual wrote:Its about what they brought to us when they were 3rd in the League so its not that shocking is it!

Mate did u go? i did and it was shocking, mate who had worse support away on sunday than us?

Mon May 08, 2017 7:37 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Its about what they brought to us when they were 3rd in the League so its not that shocking is it!

Mate did u go? i did and it was shocking, mate who had worse support away on sunday than us?

I personally didn't go and I congratulate the people who did. But considering our average support is around 700 I think taking 500 fans for a meaningless game on a Sunday with a 4.5 hour trip is a good support.

I'm sure Annis or some of the other attendance watchers can tell you the away figures for Sunday

Mon May 08, 2017 7:40 pm

IcemanCometh wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:

I personally didn't go and I congratulate the people who did. But considering our average support is around 700 I think taking 500 fans for a meaningless game on a Sunday with a 4.5 hour trip is a good support.

I'm sure Annis or some of the other attendance watchers can tell you the away figures for Sunday

You are right.
I doubt anyone had to travel as far as us either in our division.
Some coaches left at 4.30 ffs

I'm glad I went, it was a great day and the fans there were superb.

Nice rest for a bit now and back onto it for Plymouth in July

Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 pm

No mate I didn't go, I very rarely go away these days for loads of reasons but went everywhere from the early 90s right up until 2001 and since 2004 probably did about 7-8 a season which has gone down and down to about 2-3 a season at best now if that for many reasons, the main one being Iv got older and Football isnt as high on my to do list as it used to be.

I'm not saying it was a great turnout but shocking is harsh and I don't enjoy reading the negativity on here about our away support, except on the odd occasion when its probably justified.

I find the negativity counter productive but its just my opinion, happy to agree to disagree.

Tue May 09, 2017 7:25 am

I went, it was a long day but well worth it
Although the atmosphere wasn't the best I've ever experienced it was still good enough to down out the home fans for most of the match (admittedly, they didn't have much to shoutt about with their performance).
Good effort to those of us who made the trip :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 am

I went, it was a long day but well worth it
Although the atmosphere wasn't the best I've ever experienced it was still good enough to down out the home fans for most of the match (admittedly, they didn't have much to shoutt about with their performance).
Good effort to those of us who made the trip :ayatollah: :ayatollah: