Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY AFTER SAM GALLAGHER? '

Mon May 08, 2017 9:01 am

APPARENTLY BEING LINKED AND A 3M PRICE TAG TOO, DOUBT WE WOULD SPEND THAT ON A YOUNGSTER WHO ISNT REALLY A PROVEN CHAMPIONSHIP STRIKER THO AS IT SEEMS A BIT MUCH

Daily Mail and The Sun

' Cardiff City After Striker '

Monday 8th May 2017

HITC

Reports suggest Cardiff City have the edge in Sam Gallagher chase,

Cardiff City are reportedly interested in Southampton striker Sam Gallagher.

Southampton youngster Sam Gallagher seems to have impressed quite a lot of clubs during his loan spell at Blackburn Rovers.

The 21-year-old joined Blackburn from Southampton in the summer of 2016 on a season-long loan deal.

Gallagher has scored 11 goals and created 25 chances in 41 Championship appearances for Rovers this season.

With Blackburn getting relegated to League One, it is unlikely that the youngster will join the Ewood Park outfit on a permanent basis.

It is going to be hard for the striker to break into the Southampton first team next season, and perhaps staying in the Championship would be a good idea.

According to a report in The Daily Mail last month, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Cardiff City all are interested in signing Gallagher in the summer transfer window.

Cardiff, though, appears to have the edge. According to The Sun on Sunday (May 7, 2017), the Bluebirds are ready to make a £3 million offer for the striker.

It has been reported by the British tabloid that the Welsh club are poised to go in hard and will try to agree a fee with Southampton soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SAM GALLAGHER

Mon May 08, 2017 9:09 am

"According to The Sun on Sunday (print edition, page 63, May 7, 2017), the Bluebirds are ready to make a £3 million offer for the striker."

Southampton striker Sam Gallagher linked with summer move to Cardiff City

Media Wales

Monday 8th May 2017

Cardiff City are in the hunt to sign Southampton striker Sam Gallagher in the summer, according to reports.

The 21-year-old forward has featured 20 times for the Saints' first team but has spent the last two seasons on loan at MK Dons and Blackburn Rovers respectively.

He featured 47 times in all competitions for Blackburn this season although he was unable to prevent the Ewood Park outfit from being relegated into League One - despite chalking up 12 goals during the course of the campaign.

The England Under-20 international is set to return to St Mary's Stadium following the conclusion of his loan spell in Lancashire, although the youngster's contract with Claude Puel's side expires next year.

And the Bluebirds are among a number of clubs to be linked with a summer move for the forward.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 08, 2017 9:22 am

Reza wrote:APPARENTLY BEING LINKED AND A 3M PRICE TAG TOO, DOUBT WE WOULD SPEND THAT ON A YOUNGSTER WHO ISNT REALLY A PROVEN CHAMPIONSHIP STRIKER THO AS IT SEEMS A BIT MUCH

3 m wouldnt be up front ,transfers are in staggered payments in mist cases

Mon May 08, 2017 10:17 am

wez1927 wrote:
Reza wrote:APPARENTLY BEING LINKED AND A 3M PRICE TAG TOO, DOUBT WE WOULD SPEND THAT ON A YOUNGSTER WHO ISNT REALLY A PROVEN CHAMPIONSHIP STRIKER THO AS IT SEEMS A BIT MUCH

3 m wouldnt be up front ,transfers are in staggered payments in mist cases

Still a lot of money for a player who has little first team experience, im not saying he wouldnt be a decent signing but not sure 3m is what we would want to pay for someone so inexperienced

Mon May 08, 2017 10:24 am

Was excellent against us a couple of weeks ago.

Mon May 08, 2017 11:02 am

He would be a good signing looked impressive and when I always had a look on what Blackburn were doing this season he was the one that was usually on the score sheet for them.

Mon May 08, 2017 11:07 am

:ayatollah: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=184383 :ayatollah:

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY AFTER SAM GALLAGHER? '

Mon May 08, 2017 12:29 pm

No way will Cardiff City pay that amount, Warnock has not got that type of money available.

Warnocks max budget is £6mill, at the moment it could be as low as £4mill thats why Warnocks going to see Tan in Malaysia.

Mon May 08, 2017 12:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:No way will Cardiff City pay that amount, Warnock has not got that type of money available.

Warnocks max budget is £6mill, at the moment it could be as low as £4mill thats why Warnocks going to see Tan in Malaysia.

personally i think he will walk if its only 4m,i expect warnock to spend up to 3m on a good striker/winger and pick up free signings but tbh i expect the 3m to go on someone a little more experienced. the last two clubs hes gone on loan to have gone down so hopefully that wont happen again.

Mon May 08, 2017 12:36 pm

I think ANY rumours of specific incomings should be taken lightly at the moment. The Silly Season is about to begin and both names and prices will be bandied about freely...

It would be great to see Sam Gallagher at the CCS, but I'll go with what Neil Warnock's opinions/choices :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon May 08, 2017 12:41 pm

Reza wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:No way will Cardiff City pay that amount, Warnock has not got that type of money available.

personally i think he will walk if its only 4m,i expect warnock to spend up to 3m on a good striker/winger and pick up free signings but tbh i expect the 3m to go on someone a little more experienced. the last two clubs hes gone on loan to have gone down so hopefully that wont happen again.

I believe Warnock needs at least £6mill without a doubt to get us in the top 6.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Warnock goes to see Tan in Malaysia, personally I can't see Tan saying no :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon May 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Reza wrote:

Will be interesting to see what happens when Warnock goes to see Tan in Malaysia, personally I can't see Tan saying no :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

i agree with you annis hes to much to lose by saying no and an awful lot to gain, maybe his last push for the prem before making a sharp exit if it doesnt happen

Mon May 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Reza wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Reza wrote:

i agree with you annis hes to much to lose by saying no and an awful lot to gain, maybe his last push for the prem before making a sharp exit if it doesnt happen

Rezza, thats exactly how I see it.

Mon May 08, 2017 2:05 pm

With all this speculation surrounding possible transfer targets,just consider this,in my opinion Tan is quite content for City to stagnate in the Championship, reason being his bitter memories of the last time City were in the Premiership when Mackay wasted most of the war chest he was given and we went straight back to the Championship

Mon May 08, 2017 2:23 pm

Annis,

As people have said these will be staggered payments to avoid breaking ffp rules.

He is a good player and if we are to get back to the PL we have to pay these type of amounts to get better players.

I hope VT gives NW 6m and NW has said he can have any monies from sales to add to that.

He will be looking to offload all those on loan and probably noonie Pilks john Fred Lambert of the current squad at least.

Mon May 08, 2017 2:27 pm

Reza wrote:

We're Guna need 2 goal keepers, 2 strikers a winger maybe 2 if noone goes. 3m on one player is out of our budget all considered.

Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Annis,

As people have said these will be staggered payments to avoid breaking ffp rules.

He is a good player and if we are to get back to the PL we have to pay these type of amounts to get better players.

I hope VT gives NW 6m and NW has said he can have any monies from sales to add to that.

He will be looking to offload all those on loan and probably noonie Pilks john Fred Lambert of the current squad at least.

Karl, ff. rule only seems to be used by us when we have not got the money to buy :lol:

Nel Warnock deserves full support/backing from Tan and has earned it just by keeping us up this season :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Noone,Pilks,Lambert,John gone etc they will save us a fortune :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 08, 2017 2:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Annis,

Karl, ff. rule only seems to be used by us when we have not got the money to buy :lol:

Nel Warnock deserves full support/backing from Tan and has earned it just by keeping us up this season :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Noone,Pilks,Lambert,John gone etc they will save us a fortune :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Warnock wouldn't of signed a new contract without knowing our position,im sure he knows the budget hes got to work from

Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Warnock is old school, he'll never have enough money :lol:

If he bought him for 3 mill he would be telling every journalist he'll have to sell one or two big names to balance the books, but they'll never be sold and suddenly we'll have another first team announcement out of the blue.

He wouldn't be hanging around for nothing.

Mon May 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Tammy Abraham on loan would be ideal.

He won't be able to get in that Chelsea team next season and was amazing for Bristol City this season. For that reason though, I doubt he would come to us! All Championship clubs going for promotion should be after this guy!

I'd take Sam Gallagher on loan, though. Decent scoring record but not as prolific as Abraham.

Mon May 08, 2017 3:22 pm

lathamgaffney wrote:Tammy Abraham on loan would be ideal.

He won't be able to get in that Chelsea team next season and was amazing for Bristol City this season. For that reason though, I doubt he would come to us! All Championship clubs going for promotion should be after this guy!

I'd take Sam Gallagher on loan, though. Decent scoring record but not as prolific as Abraham.

I'll take Messi too. Absolutely no chance Abraham comes here. He's going to go to a Newcastle or a Brighton next season.

Mon May 08, 2017 3:30 pm

petesmeat wrote:

I'll take Messi too. Absolutely no chance Abraham comes here. He's going to go to a Newcastle or a Brighton next season.

I think another year on loan to a Championship club would do him wonders! He's only 19 and would gain huge confidence if he had another 20+ goals next season.

Loans would greatly improve his football development now. Just look at Harry Kane. Shame we won't be able to get him though. Great player, would love him at CCFC.

Mon May 08, 2017 3:32 pm

lathamgaffney wrote:
petesmeat wrote:

I think another year on loan to a Championship club would do him wonders! He's only 19 and would gain huge confidence if he had another 20+ goals next season.

Loans would greatly improve his football development now. Just look at Harry Kane. Shame we won't be able to get him though. Great player, would love him at CCFC.

Why wouldn't we get him he went to bristol? ,i think these promoted clubs especially newcastle will be buying top proven strikers

Mon May 08, 2017 3:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:
petesmeat wrote:

Why wouldn't we get him he went to bristol? ,i think these promoted clubs especially newcastle will be buying top proven strikers

Purely because of our rivalry. Don't think it would go down well with the Wurzels!

Mon May 08, 2017 3:55 pm

lathamgaffney wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:
petesmeat wrote:

Purely because of our rivalry. Don't think it would go down well with the Wurzels!

good thing its not up to the wurzels then, they have no say, do you think chelsea give a fuk about our little rivalry they will want whats best for their young player

Mon May 08, 2017 4:10 pm

This Guy was a real handful for Blackburn against us earlier this season.

I said then that we need a young lad like that down the City.

I think in today's ridiculous transfer fee's climate 3M seems a good deal for a 21 year old (IF he keeps it up) but isn't always a case of IF with any football prospect?

My mouth is watering already if we can snatch him.

I can see it now - Zahore/Gallagher - another great CARDIFF CITY exciting up front Big guy/Smaller foil partnership (PLEASE, PLEASE)

Toshack/Clarke, Alston/Evans, Stant/Dale, Thorn/Earnshaw, Bothroyd/Chopra we surely need another Partnership like this next season.

:bluescarf: :old: :bluebird: :clap:

Mon May 08, 2017 8:08 pm

We will buy few players. It's what they cost the club in wages that's important, not the transfer fees. I predict a number of out of contract players and loan signings. It got Huddersfield and Reading in to the playoffs and could work for us too.

Mon May 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Was a good player against us but can't see it happening

Tan will need to give 10 mil for us to have a chance next season

We are on bare bones as it is

Tue May 09, 2017 7:03 am

People saying we won't spend 3 million on a player. Why not?
I'm not saying I believe in this rumour but the budget quoted was 6 mill plus any money from sales so if we spend 3 on a 'marquee' signing then that leaves 3-4 mill on another two - three players with another couple of loans.
Seems to add up to me.
Depends if the 6 million includes wages though.

Tue May 09, 2017 8:20 am

Has a loan move with view to a permanent deal been ruled out? Never in a million years will we spend the alleged £3m. I can see us spending up to £1m with a sell-on but nothing more. He would be a great signing though but anything over £2m for me wouldn't be worth it. Some people saying he's not a proven Championship player but I think he proved this season that he could do the business. No player is proven for your club until they do the business so we can only go on what we've seen him do for Blackburn and it seems unanimous that he's impressed the vast majority of us.