Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam Gallagher to City for 3m

Mon May 08, 2017 11:21 am

According to HITC, reports are suggesting that we are looking at signing Sam Gallagher from Southampton for 3m. Other teams looking at signing him as well are Aston Villa, Sunderland and Wolves. He's had a decent season scoring 11 goals and creating 25 chances in 41 Championship games and considering he's been playing in a struggling Blackburn team that's not bad really. And at only 21 years of age he can only get better as well. I personally think this would be a good signing but 3m seems a lot of money for one player, and would hope they could get it down to 2m. What do you guys think?

Re: Sam Gallagher to City for 3m

Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am

Can't see us paying £3m for any player. Maybe Southampton will loan him out again and I wouldn't be against paying a small loan fee to bring him here.

Mon May 08, 2017 12:16 pm

It ain't a vast sum these days,remember we sold Mason for similar.At his age if he has another season like the last he'll be worth double that and when you consider what has been paid for McCormack and Rhodes it looks good value to me.

Mon May 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:It ain't a vast sum these days,remember we sold Mason for similar.At his age if he has another season like the last he'll be worth double that and when you consider what has been paid for McCormack and Rhodes it looks good value to me.

I think we'll have to spend money to get a good striker in, so that fee sounds about right. Either we do that or loan someone like Gallagher or Abraham and hope we get lucky. Slightly less pressure on as we've got Zohore but need to give him a breather every now and then and we need to give him some help.