Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff didn't score in the 12 games he played this season

Mon May 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Cardiff didn't score in the 12 games he played this season / Plus

Link
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/05/0 ... ason-plus/ :thumbright: :bluebird:

Just for those interested here are all the stats for players who finished the season with us, and also when the goals were scored/conceded in our games. (if you click each picture it gets bigger, I think)

It's a lot of numbers so these are the bits I found interesting.

Gounongbe didn't score a goal in 12 appearances. In fact the team didn't score a goal whilst he was on the pitch.

Sean Morrison played the most minutes, virtually every minute actually.

We conceded goals less often when Joe Bennett was on the pitch than any other player. (I've criticised him defensively massively in the past so I'm going to credit this to the Warnock effect) :lol:

Our team stats we're a lot worse when Manga played generally, although he did play a large majority of his mins under Trollope.

In the small amount of games Brian Murphy played, our team stats were significantly better. A solid number 2 next season I reckon at worst. :bluescarf:

Zohore scored a goal on average every 209 mins (mins include injury time). Which is basically 1 in 2 games and will only go up next season under Warnock I reckon. :ayatollah:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/05/0 ... ason-plus/ :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff didn't score in the 12 games he played this seas

Mon May 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Holiett 2 goals, Noone 2 goals ....4 goals in 69 appearances....nowhere near good enough, wouldn't be disappointed if neither of them where here next year

Mon May 08, 2017 5:34 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Holiett 2 goals, Noone 2 goals ....4 goals in 69 appearances....nowhere near good enough, wouldn't be disappointed if neither of them where here next year

I like Hoilett but his finishing/goal return has been his most disappointing aspect.

I think he has a lot of ability, just not sure if he's lacking a bit of confidence sometimes to go at players and be a bit more direct.

Mon May 08, 2017 5:48 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Holiett 2 goals, Noone 2 goals ....4 goals in 69 appearances....nowhere near good enough, wouldn't be disappointed if neither of them where here next year

I like Hoilett but his finishing/goal return has been his most disappointing aspect.

I think he has a lot of ability, just not sure if he's lacking a bit of confidence sometimes to go at players and be a bit more direct.

Scott, for whatever the reason both players are very poor in front of goal and as highly paid professional footballers their goal scoring records are simply not good enough...if we are serious about a promotion push neither are going to score enough goals and in my opinion both players need to be moved on

Mon May 08, 2017 7:37 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/05/0 ... ason-plus/ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon May 08, 2017 10:14 pm

you cant beat facts and figures they dony lie

Mon May 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Good Stats ;)

Tue May 09, 2017 11:40 am

I've said enough about noone it's time for him to go. But Sunday was another example of Hoilets poor end product. There's definitely a player in there but I hope it starts clicking for him next season.

Tue May 09, 2017 12:01 pm

nubbsy wrote:

I've said enough about noone it's time for him to go. But Sunday was another example of Hoilets poor end product. There's definitely a player in there but I hope it starts clicking for him next season.

Bloody agree with you again :lol: he needs to up his goals if he did he would be some player

Tue May 09, 2017 7:59 pm

I would be quite happy to have Brian Murphy as our No 1. He's done a great job for us and been a true professional