Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARNOCK MAKES ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WILL DELIGHT CARDIFF CITY

Tue May 09, 2017 7:29 am

NEIL WARNOCK MAKES ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WILL DELIGHT CARDIFF CITY SUPPORTERS

Tuesday 9th May 2017

Football League World

Speaking to the BBC, Neil Warnock has confirmed Cardiff City are expecting to bring in three or four new players as early as the start of June, as they begin planning for next season.

No longer than 24-hours after Cardiff’s Sky Bet Championship season finished, Warnock was looking ahead to the upcoming transfer window, insisting a handful of additions could bring a “bright future.”

Revealing when he expects arrivals at the Cardiff City Stadium, Warnock said: “I’ve agreed a couple of fringe players but I’m looking to sign three or four players to add to that squad in the next few weeks.

“It might be the beginning of June because you can’t really move that quick nowadays but it won’t be for lack of trying.

“I think we could get three or four players in that squad in the team, I think the future is very bright.”

Warnock’s side signed off from the 2016/17 Championship season by recording an impressive 3-0 victory over promotion-chasing Huddersfield Town, thanks to Kenneth Zohore’s early goal and a brace from Joe Bennett.

That result saw Cardiff finish the season 12th in the table, a stark contrast to the 23rd position the Bluebirds occupied when Warnock was appointed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.