Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Which team impressed you the most/who didn't? "

Tue May 09, 2017 12:35 pm

From their matches against Cardiff City that you've seen, which teams and players impressed you the most this season?

Which teams and players playing against Cardiff City didn't impress you?

Re: " Which team impressed you the most/who didn't? "

Tue May 09, 2017 1:06 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:From their matches against Cardiff City that you've seen, which teams and players impressed you the most this season?

Fulham and barnsley at hone good attacking teams ,thought newcastle and brighton were average

Tue May 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Sounds weird to say this but I think Newcastle were not impressive at all for what you get and see with them, a load of talented and highly rated players thrown into a team and all individually coming up when they want to..I think without Gayle that team would have not been in automatic places.

Didn't go too many games as I wanted too but gonna go for Fulham as the most impressive even though I think we should have come away with 3 points, they came here and had the intention to go and win the game. I think the way they play is excellent and was happy to see Malone back here. The player that stood out was Tom Cairney, I think he scored against us when I went Blackburn away.. the boy is too good for this divison and he dictated the game.. I think he is the one player that could fill Whittingham's boots and no-one else could for us realistically.. he has a bit of everything and would love it if Fulham went up with him.. if they didn't I would throw the cheque book out for him.

Tue May 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Fulham were the stand out team for me much better than either Brighton or Newcastle. As for a player Timm Klose for Norwich stood out for me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue May 09, 2017 1:29 pm

For me it's Paul trollopes Cardiff, they were awful, biggest disappointment.
Most impressed by either Barnsley or Neil warnocks Cardiff.

Tue May 09, 2017 1:37 pm

bluebird04 wrote:For me it's Paul trollopes Cardiff, they were awful, biggest disappointment.

Barnsley counter attacking football was great

Tue May 09, 2017 1:45 pm

Fulham impressed me, and we got 2 points from them! Rotherham were the worst side I've seen at this level and Newcastle weren't all that, certainly not the side they were last time they were down. Also, I can see why Reading get points but my God, they were boring to watch.

Tue May 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Fulham for me! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue May 09, 2017 2:01 pm

Nottingham Forest away were the worst team we played this season although strangely they weren't too bad at CCS. Blackburn, Rotherham and Burton were the worst visitors to CCS.

I really liked Barnsley when they came to us a very young fast direct counter attacking team. Norwich did an excellent job on us at CCS as did strangely Wigan :oops:

Fulham were good in the FA Cup game and again impressive in the league game, although they were not as dominant in that one.

Newcastle were good and took their chances where as we didn't. Although a bit skewed by the Paul Trollope factor the best team to visit CCS were QPR IMO.

Tue May 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Like others have said, Fulham and Barnsley for me and I fancy Fulham strongly to win the play offs. After we played Barnsley, they sold the likes of Winnall and Hourihane, if they kept those, they could have challenged for the play offs.

Tue May 09, 2017 2:54 pm

fulham was the best footballing team for me, saying that i also thought sheffield wednesday was very good also especially in the final third, i guess that comes with all the money they spent

Tue May 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Fulham easily the best.....We were very naive against Barnsley. Warnock was at fault for that one, though he's a great manager nevertheless.

Tue May 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Fulham ( especially Cairney) were very good ( but so were we that day). Also Huddersfield- that boy on loan from Chelsea Isiah Brown was excellent. I wouldn't mind having him on loan next season.

Tue May 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Fulham for me the home game against them was the best match I've seen in years

Tue May 09, 2017 4:21 pm

Fulham definitely also as mentioned Barnsley. Thought Norwich were quite poor considering promotion contenders.

Tue May 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Sheffield Wednesday against us at home were good second half.

Tue May 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Fulham

Disappointing with aston villa

Tue May 09, 2017 4:54 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:From their matches against Cardiff City that you've seen, which teams and players impressed you the most this season?

Impressed Teams - Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Fulham,
Impressed players - Forestieri, Woods, Cairney, Mbemba, Hourihane.
Teams that didn't impress - Aston Villa, Brentford, Huddersfield.
Players that didn't impress - Shane Duffy, Grealish, McCormack.

Tue May 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Fulham .as soon as I saw them play us I put a bet on them to be promoted.

Tue May 09, 2017 10:14 pm

Forest at their place were shocking. Really felt sorry for their fans.

Barnsley at our place were the best for me although we handed them the win due to Ben Amos.

Tue May 09, 2017 10:33 pm

wez1927 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:For me it's Paul trollopes Cardiff, they were awful, biggest disappointment.

Barnsley counter attacking football was great

They were amazing on the break.

Wed May 10, 2017 12:05 am

Aston Villa arguably the biggest flops of the season, and the most arrogant

Brighton have been impressive all year, and i'm very glad Fulham made it into the play-offs. Huddersfield also you could argue have massively overachieved

Wed May 10, 2017 8:08 am

Reading for me have been so average I cant believe they finished where they did. The game at Madjeski I couldn't believe how shyte they were. Villa also were a shambles.

Huddersfield have obviously over-performed but they deserved to hang on in there for PLayoffs.

Thu May 11, 2017 8:08 pm

fULHAM - hope they win the play offs - then again maybe not fulham away is one of my favorite trips :bluescarf:

Sat May 13, 2017 10:06 am

The least impressive team for me was the feckless Wurzels. I was expecting something special based on their initial good run and their fans comments of auto's and their amazing Tamm.

It was written in the stars for them that in the few days before we were due to play them, NW signed and reading their immediate forum meltdown was an absolute joy. As a result of that defeat, they slid straight down the table and blame us for that. Long may it continue. Oooaaaar.