Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Gianluigi Buffon & Co heading to Cardiff/plus tonight "

Wed May 10, 2017 9:10 am

Gianluigi Buffon and Juventus have qualified for the Champions League Final in Cardiff on June 3rd. The Old Lady made it through after a 4-1 aggregate win over French side Monaco. They will play either Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid in the final.

Buffon, 39, has never won the Champions League - he has been at Juventus for 16 years.

The second semi-final second leg takes place tonight at the Vicente Calderon where Atletico Madrid need to come back from a 3-0 defeat at the Bernabeu if they are to stop inter-city rivals Real Madrid from reaching the final.

Real Madrid have knocked Atletico Madrid out of the Champions League in each of the last three seasons, including in two finals.

Re: " Gianluigi Buffon & Co heading to Cardiff/plus tonight

Wed May 10, 2017 10:32 am

I'm a Real fan, have been since a kid as my Gramp was born in Madrid, my fav player of all time Raul, the greatest son of Madrid BUT wouldn't it be nice to see Juve lift the trophy with Buffon as Captain, fitting tribute to arguably one of the greatest goalkeepers of our generation.

Wed May 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Wolfpac wrote:I'm a Real fan, have been since a kid as my Gramp was born in Madrid, my fav player of all time Raul, the greatest son of Madrid BUT wouldn't it be nice to see Juve lift the trophy with Buffon as Captain, fitting tribute to arguably one of the greatest goalkeepers of our generation.

Not just a great player, but also a great person apparently. Supposedly always has time for fans and media. Always been a fan of his, and is still one of the best goalkeepers in the world - at 39.

Wed May 10, 2017 4:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:I'm a Real fan, have been since a kid as my Gramp was born in Madrid, my fav player of all time Raul, the greatest son of Madrid BUT wouldn't it be nice to see Juve lift the trophy with Buffon as Captain, fitting tribute to arguably one of the greatest goalkeepers of our generation.

Not just a great player, but also a great person apparently. Supposedly always has time for fans and media. Always been a fan of his, and is still one of the best goalkeepers in the world - at 39.

Yeah you can just tell he's a wonderful man and a top professional, there have been some unbelievable GK's in the world but he's got to be in the top 3 of all time.

Wed May 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Amazing you didn't choose Reyo Vallecano and went for the biggest club on the planet :D

Sorry I never buy people from Wales saying they are Real, Barca, Munich, Inter, Juve fans etc. you like watching them maybe, but surely not a fan? For me its worse than seeing kids from the valleys in United and Liverpool tops, because at least they don't really have a team - so decided to pick one.

As for this final, probably the best one possible for the neutral. Two immense teams.

Wed May 10, 2017 6:35 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

Amazing you didn't choose Reyo Vallecano and went for the biggest club on the planet :D

Sorry I never buy people from Wales saying they are Real, Barca, Munich, Inter, Juve fans etc. you like watching them maybe, but surely not a fan? For me its worse than seeing kids from the valleys in United and Liverpool tops, because at least they don't really have a team - so decided to pick one.

As for this final, probably the best one possible for the neutral. Two immense teams.

Ok i'm not a super fan, but enjoy watching them play on tele and catch the odd game when I visit family there which is once every few years BUT Raul is my fav player, that is not in doubt :bluescarf:

Wed May 10, 2017 7:03 pm

Fair enough. Yeah think we all do, lovely team to watch when on song. And yes, Raul was pretty damn good in his day gradually faded out when they signed fat Ronaldo who ironically is probably my all time favourite striker to watch, him or Henry. :thumbright:

Wed May 10, 2017 7:37 pm

SnackaJack wrote:Fair enough. Yeah think we all do, lovely team to watch when on song. And yes, Raul was pretty damn good in his day gradually faded out when they signed fat Ronaldo who ironically is probably my all time favourite striker to watch, him or Henry. :thumbright:

Yeah the calibre of strikers back in those days was unbelieable, Fat Ronaldo, Bergkamp, Batistuta, Henry, Kleivert, Suker and the rest.