Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City Closing in on first signing? '

Wed May 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Camp-first one over the line?

Apparently were close.

Cardiff City plan Lee Camp move

Wednesday 10th May 2017

HITC Sport understands Cardiff are closing in on a deal for goalkeeper.

Rotherham's Lee CampRotherham's Lee Camp

Cardiff City are closing in on the signing of Rotherham United goalkeeper Lee Camp, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Camp is out of contract at Rotherham next month and looks set to leave the South Yorkshire club following their relegation from the Championship.

Cardiff City have held a long-term interest in Camp and considered signing him during the January transfer window only for injury to scupper any possibility of a deal.

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock is a big fan of Camp having worked with the keeper during his time in charge of Rotherham with Camp being named player of the year during Warnock's tenure.

Cardiff manager Neil WarnockCardiff manager Neil Warnock

Warnock has made goalkeeping reinforcements one of his top priorities this summer with Cardiff unable to afford to turn Allan McGregor's loan move from Hull City into a permanent deal, while Ben Amos has returned to Bolton Wanderers from his loan stint.

Cardiff are also keen on signing Walsall goalkeeper Neil Etheridge on a free transfer, with Camp viewed as coming as N0.1 goalkeeper at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Camp started his career with his hometown club Derby County and he has a wealth of experience after spells with Burton Albion, Norwich, Queens Park Rangers, Nottingham Forest, West Bromwich Albion, Bournemouth and Rotherham.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Camp-first one over the line?

Wed May 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Hes a decent keeper

Wed May 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Decent championship keeper always played well against us

Re: ' Cardiff City Closing in on first signing? '

Wed May 10, 2017 7:06 pm

I remember him getting Chopra sent off after the final whistle at QPR a few years ago.

Decent enough keeper but always seemed a bit of a prick when he's played against us.

I'd be happy to give Murphy a chance.

Wed May 10, 2017 7:24 pm

fred keenor wrote:Decent championship keeper always played well against us

First thing I thought :bluescarf:

Wed May 10, 2017 7:34 pm

He was fantastic for Forest back in the day, pleased with this business.

Wed May 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Don't see him as a no. 1. Good keeper a few years back, but past his best now.

Would be a bit disappointed if he was our 1st choice

Wed May 10, 2017 8:46 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Don't see him as a no. 1. Good keeper a few years back, but past his best now.

Would be a bit disappointed if he was our 1st choice

Totally agree

Wed May 10, 2017 9:13 pm

bit dissapointed with that i would of thought rotherham was about camps level now - i hope the summer dosnt see us just signing ex warnock players who are just a bit past their sell by date

Wed May 10, 2017 10:04 pm

surely Paddy Kenny will be his first signing

Thu May 11, 2017 6:29 am

Not impressed at all with this signing.

Thu May 11, 2017 6:51 am

bluebirdowen wrote:bit dissapointed with that i would of thought rotherham was about camps level now - i hope the summer dosnt see us just signing ex warnock players who are just a bit past their sell by date

My concern as well and it does seem that way.

Thu May 11, 2017 8:08 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
bluebirdowen wrote:bit dissapointed with that i would of thought rotherham was about camps level now - i hope the summer dosnt see us just signing ex warnock players who are just a bit past their sell by date

My concern as well and it does seem that way.

He did that at Leeds and it didn't work out for him.

Thu May 11, 2017 10:46 am

sub keeper at best imo

Thu May 11, 2017 11:31 am

So Murphy and Camp will be our reserve keepers. Who will be our 1st team keeper.

Thu May 11, 2017 11:31 am

Poor decision may as well have Murphy as number one if camp is being brought in. A better keeper for number one is needed

Thu May 11, 2017 11:33 am

boyo1927 wrote:Poor decision may as well have Murphy as number one if camp is being brought in. A better keeper for number one is needed

Warnock has said he wants 3 keepers in total, Murphy being ones of them so he will bring in another 2 keepers.

Thu May 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Camp is 32, not too old yet and hopefully still good enough for the Championship. Personally I'd prefer Murphy as he's never let us down yet when called upon.
In Warnock we trust :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluebird: