Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A song for Bristol City

Wed May 10, 2017 10:58 pm

I know many of us are disappointed that the Wurzels survived last season and we'll have to make the trip over the bridge again next season.

However, courtesy of a friend who sent me this video of Birmingham fans at Ashton Gate this season, I was amazed we haven't used this chant before.

https://youtu.be/paEY_YafV14 - Skip to 3:15

Lyrics:
I can't read, I can't write
But that don't really matter
I'm a Bristol City fan
I can drive a tractor

We've spent the evening pissing ourselves at this chant.

Re: A song for Bristol City

Wed May 10, 2017 11:04 pm

Are you fecking serious ?

Thu May 11, 2017 8:48 am

NyeBluebird wrote:I know many of us are disappointed that the Wurzels survived last season and we'll have to make the trip over the bridge again next season.

However, courtesy of a friend who sent me this video of Birmingham fans at Ashton Gate this season, I was amazed we haven't used this chant before.

https://youtu.be/paEY_YafV14 - Skip to 3:15

Lyrics:
I can't read, I can't write
But that don't really matter
I'm a Bristol City fan
I can drive a tractor

We've spent the evening pissing ourselves at this chant.

Never been to city v wurzels game mate?? :roll:

Thu May 11, 2017 9:43 am

Its been sung for 30-40 years :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu May 11, 2017 9:55 am

I can't read, I can't write, but I can drive a tractor, I'm a Bristol City fan and I'm a f*cking wanker. I think you'll find that this is our version. F.T.J. !!!

Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 am

cf40 wrote:I can't read, I can't write, but I can drive a tractor, I'm a Bristol City fan and I'm a f*cking wanker. I think you'll find that this is our version. F.T.J. !!!

:lol:

It is :thumbup:

Thu May 11, 2017 12:12 pm

been sung at every city v wurzel game for the last 40 years

Thu May 11, 2017 12:33 pm

I'm pleased that the hapless Wurzles just survived after melting down since we beat them in our first game under NW. They hate us more than the White Sox and blame us for their slide. Prior to that, the were giving it large on how well they were doing, how great LJ is and how they were going to get promoted in their half-finished polished turd of a stadium.

Then immediately when it went south, they were all calling for LJ to be sacked as he was useless, how they were going to get demoted and the Gas possibly being promoted and slagging out Lansdown.

Now they have survived after a few wins, they have completely u-turned yet again, saying how great LJ is and how they are now playing promotion winning performances. What a bunch of complete wankers.

So I'm pleased they've survived as its an almost guaranteed six points and two opportunities to laugh at them again. Zoider. Oooaarr. Tractor. Etc.