Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Exclusive:' Cardiff City Set to Beat Rivals in New Signing '

Thu May 11, 2017 9:53 am

Exclusive: Cardiff set to beat rivals to Rochdale winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

HITC SPORTS

Thursday 11th May 2017

HITC Sport understands Cardiff City are set to win the race for the Rochdale winger, ahead of the likes of Wigan.

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing of Rochdale applauds fans at the end of the gameNathaniel Mendez-Laing of Rochdale applauds fans at the end of the game

Cardiff City are set to beat Wigan Athletic to the signing of Rochdale star Nathaniel Mendez-Laing on a free transfer, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Mendez-Laing is available on a free transfer this summer after running down his contract at Rochdale.

The 25-year-old impressed for Rochdale this season, making 49 appearances in all competitions, scoring 10 goals as Dale just missed out on making the League One play-offs.

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing of Rochdale has a shot at goalNathaniel Mendez-Laing of Rochdale has a shot at goal

A number of clubs, including Wigan have expressed an interest in the former Wolverhampton Wanderers and Peterborough United man, but Cardiff are poised to secure his signature.

The chance to move to the Championship was too good for Mendez-Laing ahead of the other offers he received and he is in line to become Cardiff's first signing of the summer.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock is looking to reshape his squad at the Cardiff City Stadium as he prepares for his first full season in charge of the club after taking over last October.

Warnock guided Cardiff away from trouble at the wrong end of the table to finish in 12th spot, but he is planning to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion next season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Exclusive:' Cardiff City Set to Beat Rivals in New Signi

Thu May 11, 2017 10:27 am

Probably one of the four fringe players, that Warnock mentioned he was close to signing.

Thu May 11, 2017 10:45 am

never heard of him so i googled him as you do,he actually looks decent has a trick in his locker and is quick and big and strong also on a free too prob on low wages too, see ya nooney

Thu May 11, 2017 10:53 am

Reza wrote:never heard of him so i googled him as you do,he actually looks decent has a trick in his locker and is quick and big and strong also on a free too prob on low wages too, see ya nooney

Agree bye bte nooney

Thu May 11, 2017 11:27 am

wez1927 wrote:
Reza wrote:never heard of him so i googled him as you do,he actually looks decent has a trick in his locker and is quick and big and strong also on a free too prob on low wages too, see ya nooney

Agree bye bte nooney

Just had a nose of his highlights on YouTube cause I'd never heard of him either, he looks a quick skillful player, good determination on him too there's a few clips of him busting a gut to get back and make a tackle

Thu May 11, 2017 11:31 am

Just the type of signings we need, a good age, hungry with something to prove at a higher level. Doubt he will come in as a first teamer but he could easily sit on the bench instead of Pilkington and Noone and we would be saving a fortune in wages.

Thu May 11, 2017 11:35 am

Jimmy Floyd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree bye bte nooney

Just had a nose of his highlights on YouTube cause I'd never heard of him either, he looks a quick skillful player, good determination on him too there's a few clips of him busting a gut to get back and make a tackle

my thoughts exactly, when was the last time you seen noone flying back to win us the ball back,has he ever done that ?
wouldnt be upset at all if this comes off

for those who have not seen the videohttps://youtu.be/G7BFv8sEbjg

Thu May 11, 2017 11:43 am

Reza wrote:
Jimmy Floyd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree bye bte nooney

my thoughts exactly, when was the last time you seen noone flying back to win us the ball back,has he ever done that ?
wouldnt be upset at all if this comes off

for those who have not seen the videohttps://youtu.be/G7BFv8sEbjg

Noone hasn't been running forward with determination lately let alone back. As stated above even if he's brought in to come on as a sub to add a bit of a pace he's still a much better option than Pilks or Noone, and less than half their wages. Judging by this video alone though he'll be pushing for a start, he looks better than Harris in my opinion.

Thu May 11, 2017 11:50 am

Like the look of this player looks really humgry go get him neil

Thu May 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Never heard of him before but he looks a tank its these sort of signings that are the way forward lower league who will be hungry to prove himself in the championship. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Thu May 11, 2017 2:42 pm

apparently he had issues with his weight when at Peterborough

Thu May 11, 2017 2:47 pm

I signed him on FIFA 17. Coincidence. He's very fast, and on FIFA is a labelled as a "hot prospect". Same as that Hearts lad we are supposedly after.

Thu May 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Wasn't great when at posh or wolves ain't heard of him for a while

Thu May 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Looks overweight and does not have the skills of a player we already have i.e. Mathew Kennedy. Don't waste wages on this player. Go for another position.

Thu May 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Just to a quick look on YouTube he looks sharp, but so did Acorn :lol:

Thu May 11, 2017 6:20 pm

If Warnock wants him to add to the squad, that's enough for me :ayatollah:

Thu May 11, 2017 7:00 pm

beating the likes of wigan, :lol: :lol: how far have we sank :roll:

Thu May 11, 2017 7:20 pm

I had a little read up on their forum and they seem to rate him very highly, they'd love to keep him but think it's inevitable that he's going to move up a level and find a bigger club. Some saying they think he was the best winger in the division for the last third of the season aswell.

As for weight problems he does look huge in some of his old photos but I'm sure if warnock was serious about signing him he would let him know the score before he put pen to paper.

Fri May 12, 2017 6:51 am

ninianblue wrote:beating the likes of wigan, :lol: :lol: how far have we sank :roll:

Well they recently won the FA Cup in 2013 and were a PL side for nearly a decade. I suppose from their perspective they would think how far have they fallen when a player would prefer to go to Cardiff City?

Fri May 12, 2017 8:27 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ninianblue wrote:beating the likes of wigan, :lol: :lol: how far have we sank :roll:

Well they recently won the FA Cup in 2013 and were a PL side for nearly a decade. I suppose from their perspective they would think how far have they fallen when a player would prefer to go to Cardiff City?

Agree Tony, even tho Wigan are a league 1 club they have still had a lot more success than us over the past 15 years, Wigan will bounce back up no doubt.

Sat May 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Reminds of Michail Antonio