Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated ' Sky Sports News Lee Camp '

Thu May 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Updated 13/05/17

Transfer Live

Cardiff City are close to agreeing a deal to sign out-of-contract Rotherham United goalkeeper Lee Camp.

' LEE CAMP LEADS ROTHERHAM EXITS & IS NOW A FREE AGENT '

Camp is expected to sign for Neil Warnocks Cardiff City.

Sky Sports

Thursday 11th May 2017

Goalkeeper Lee Camp heads the list of departures from Rotherham as they prepare for life in Sky Bet League One and Cardiff City are favourites to sign as free agent.

Camp was the Player of the Season in 2015/16 but the most recent campaign was dogged by a knee injury and he did not feature after November.

The former Northern Ireland international, who was a high earner, is expected to sign for Cardiff City.

Lee Camp: Rotherham release experienced goalkeeper after relegation and Camp becomes a free agent.

BBC

11/05/17

Lee Camp was ruled out for the season with a knee injury he picked up in November

Rotherham have released goalkeeper Lee Camp following their relegation to League One and Camp is expected to sign for Neil Warnocks Cardiff City.

Camp, 32, made 60 appearances in two seasons with the Millers.

Defenders Stephen Kelly, 33, Joel Ekstrand, 28, Kelvin Wilson, 31, and Tom Thorpe, 24, and midfielder Chris Dawson, 22, have also been released.

The club have offered new deals to defenders Joe Mattock, 26, and Richard Wood, 31, and midfielder Richie Smallwood, 26.

The Millers have triggered the one-year option in 25-year-old striker Danny Ward's deal but he is expected to move on.

Meanwhile, they have also put in an offer to Cardiff for midfielder Tom Adeyemi, 25, after he spent the season on loan at the New York Stadium.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Sky Sports News Lee Camp '

Thu May 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Wow.

Thu May 11, 2017 9:21 pm

Free agent !
Not a bad signing

Thu May 11, 2017 11:24 pm

BBC wrote:Meanwhile, they have also put in an offer to Cardiff for midfielder Tom Adeyemi, 25, after he spent the season on loan at the New York Stadium.

Why have they put in an offer to us?

Thu May 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Wayne S wrote:
BBC wrote:Meanwhile, they have also put in an offer to Cardiff for midfielder Tom Adeyemi, 25, after he spent the season on loan at the New York Stadium.

Isn't he under contract until the end of June? If Rotherham want to agree a deal before then they need to negotiate with Cardiff City FC. I imagine it would be a nominal fee to give them a head start on Ipswich, Norwich etc. or any other prospective club that is prepared to wait until he is a free agent - and maybe miss out?

Fri May 12, 2017 12:15 am

jon1959 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Isn't he under contract until the end of June? If Rotherham want to agree a deal before then they need to negotiate with Cardiff City FC. I imagine it would be a nominal fee to give them a head start on Ipswich, Norwich etc. or any other prospective club that is prepared to wait until he is a free agent - and maybe miss out?

He's going to wait until his contract is up and see what offers are in the Championship.

Rotherham are never going to gain an advantage by trying to pay us.

Fri May 12, 2017 4:08 am

Out since November ?

Lets hope he is fit for the new season

Fri May 12, 2017 6:30 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Out since November ?

Lets hope he is fit for the new season

Doesn't we think he could be coming in as a number 2 or am I building my hopes up.

Fri May 12, 2017 8:14 am

Don't waste our money on a crock. :banghead:

Fri May 12, 2017 8:24 am

Why would we be interested in a player that's just been released by a relegated team bound for the first division of English football!!

Fri May 12, 2017 9:15 am

angelis1949 wrote:Why would we be interested in a player that's just been released by a relegated team bound for the first division of English football!!

Which is why I'm thinking he'd be a No.2 ???

Fri May 12, 2017 9:41 am

King Brian Clark wrote:Don't waste our money on a crock. :banghead:

You're what's wrong with fans these days slagging off a potential signing before he signs, he's an accomplished experienced championship shot stopper who was injured for 3 quarters of last season, give the guy a chance.

Fri May 12, 2017 10:05 am

I'm a bit worried by the words "who was a high earner" in the original report. :o

Let's hope that's not the case if he signs for us.

Would rather give Murphy a chance.

Fri May 12, 2017 10:32 am

King Brian Clark wrote:Don't waste our money on a crock. :banghead:

Glad someone else things the same as me.

In his time he was a match for any of the keepers in the league. Also seem to play a blinder against us.

Against us this season at their place he look out of shape and did not dominate his area at all. Obviously Warnock sees something in him and the manager has earned our faith. If he does come it will be a wait and see situation.

Fri May 12, 2017 10:41 am

Wayne S wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:Why would we be interested in a player that's just been released by a relegated team bound for the first division of English football!!

i know cos the last time we took a keeper from a team just relegated to league one it went so terribly wrong didnt it :roll:

Fri May 12, 2017 1:42 pm

CARDIFF CLOSING IN ON FREE AGENT SIGNING TO ADDRESS PROBLEM POSITION

Cardiff City are close to completing the signing of Lee Camp, according to HITC Sport & Sky Sports

Friday 12th May 2017

Football League World

Lee Camp is a free agent after leaving Rotherham United at the end of his contract with the League One bound side.

Camp looks set to reunite with Neil Warnock at Cardiff City, having worked with the experienced boss at Rotherham previously.

The 32-year-old is expected to arrive shortly to fix the problem position at Cardiff.

The Bluebirds’ number one stopper in the second half of the season was Allan McGregor, but Cardiff cannot afford to keep the Hull City loan star and sign him on a permanent deal.

Cardiff also had Ben Amos on loan and he is expected to return to Bolton Wanderers after a disappointing season.

That leaves Brian Murphy as the only goalkeeper on their books and Cardiff have been linked with a few different names in the past few weeks.

However, Camp appears to be the signing that Warnock will opt for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 12, 2017 9:54 pm

Reza wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

i know cos the last time we took a keeper from a team just relegated to league one it went so terribly wrong didnt it :roll:

Amos.?

Sat May 13, 2017 6:55 am

Cardiff City look to sign released Rotherham United goalkeeper - The72

Saturday 13th May 2017

Camp had started the season as the Rotherham number one, but an injury meant he was ruled out for several months. While he was out, the Millers made moves to replace him and signed Richard O’Donnell from Bristol City, someone who has fit in well at the club since his move. And with O’Donnell now looking very comfortable in between the sticks at the New York Stadium, Rotherham had no problem releasing Camp at the end of his contract.

But this now opens the door for Cardiff who have been interested in Camp for a while. They were going to make a move to sign him in the January transfer window until the aforementioned injury ended up scuppering any chance of that happening. But now that he is a free agent, Cardiff are ready to make another move for him.

The Bluebirds are looking for a new goalkeeper due to the position becoming very thin in depth following the end of several loans. The club were not able to sign Allan McGregor from Hull City on a permanent deal after his successful loan spell while Ben Amos has returned to Bolton Wanderers following their promotion to the Sky Bet Championship.

This has led to Cardiff to once again pursue Camp again and it seems very likely to happen now that he is a free agent. It also fits in well with the Welsh club’s plans as Warnock has admitted they have a small budget going into next season.

Re: Updated ' Sky Sports News Lee Camp '

Sat May 13, 2017 7:16 am

Updated 13/05/17

Transfer Live

Cardiff City are close to agreeing a deal to sign out-of-contract Rotherham United goalkeeper Lee Camp.

Re: Updated ' Sky Sports News Lee Camp '

Sat May 13, 2017 8:41 am

Awful signing if true!

Sat May 13, 2017 11:39 pm

davids wrote:I'm a bit worried by the words "who was a high earner" in the original report. :o

Let's hope that's not the case if he signs for us.

Would rather give Murphy a chance.

i think maybe high earner at Rotherham means something a bit different to high earner here.
but this guy had a couple of seasons 6 or 7 years ago where he was Forests number1 and done very little since.
like you id prefer Murphy get the chance ,he has earned it.