' Pressure on Kenneth Zohore? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Why Cardiff City shouldn’t pile the pressure on Kenneth Zohore next season

By Joshua Slack

Football League

Friday 12th May 2017

The big Dane was in sensational form during the second-half of the season but the pressure shouldn’t be piled on him as Warnock looks to mount a promotion charge next season.

Zohore finished the season in fantastic fashion – scoring and assisting twice, leaving him with 12 goals in 29 Championship appearances.

It might have all been a different story, though, hadn’t it been for a conversation with Neil Warnock – the veteran manager gave the Dane an ultimatum and the 23 year-old hasn’t looked back since.

Since the conversation, Warnock has been full of praise for his forward, who is the cousin of Chelsea legend Didier Drogba, saying he has every single attribute a striker needs.

Zohore is powerful – he has excellent hold-up play and a sledgehammer of a shot on him – the former K.V. Kortrijk player also has superb finishing, which he has shown throughout the second-half of the Championship season.

Without his goals, the Bluebirds may not have finished in the top-half of the Championship table, but saying that, the pressure shouldn’t entirely rest on the robust striker’s shoulders.

There is no doubting Zohore’s ability but he can’t do it all on his own, he’s still young and he’s still learning his own strengths and weaknesses.

You do worry for the Bluebirds if the Big Dane was to get injured, who would come in to replace him, though, but if Idriss Saadi can replicate some of the form which he has shown in Belgium throughout this season, he could be the perfect back-up striker for Zohore.

The 25 year-old Frenchman scored 14 times in 32 games for Belgian Pro League outfit K.V. Kortrijk and will be hoping to get another chance in South Wales with Warnock in charge.

If he can prove to be as successful in the Championship as he was in Belgium, he could well save Neil Warnock money in the summer transfer window with promotion being the target for the Bluebirds next season as well as easing the pressure on the ever-improving Kenneth Zohore.
Attachments
24560682530_678bbe47d2_z.jpg
24560682530_678bbe47d2_z.jpg (55.64 KiB) Viewed 2729 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Pressure on Kenneth Zohore? '

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri May 12, 2017 10:39 pm

I think the one thing we should take into account he's not just been a goal scorer but he has been a provider with 4 assists, I think that's quite decent. You look at his involvement in 3 goals, it's fantastic play from him.

I think even if he goes through a dry spell that with Warnock he will have the confidence still plug away and you seen in a lot of games already that some teams simply don't want to play against him, he can drift out wide and draw defenders out.. without him in the second half of the season I don't think we would have created a lot of chances or posed much of a threat.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat May 13, 2017 7:50 am

DandoCCFC wrote:I think the one thing we should take into account he's not just been a goal scorer but he has been a provider with 4 assists, I think that's quite decent. You look at his involvement in 3 goals, it's fantastic play from him.

I think even if he goes through a dry spell that with Warnock he will have the confidence still plug away and you seen in a lot of games already that some teams simply don't want to play against him, he can drift out wide and draw defenders out.. without him in the second half of the season I don't think we would have created a lot of chances or posed much of a threat.

His assists is a good point and he will create more openings for others as teams become fixated on marking him out of games.

His turn around has been amazing and like nearly everyone else I didn't see it coming. NW is right he does have all the attributes a striker needs however, he fades towards the end of games although that is understandable considering the work he puts in.

So the need for back up is vital but I'm sure NW is onto that one :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun May 14, 2017 11:16 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I think the one thing we should take into account he's not just been a goal scorer but he has been a provider with 4 assists, I think that's quite decent. You look at his involvement in 3 goals, it's fantastic play from him.

His assists is a good point and he will create more openings for others as teams become fixated on marking him out of games.

His turn around has been amazing and like nearly everyone else I didn't see it coming. NW is right he does have all the attributes a striker needs however, he fades towards the end of games although that is understandable considering the work he puts in.

So the need for back up is vital but I'm sure NW is onto that one :thumbup:

I think the amount of work he puts in sometimes you can forgive him, Villa at home was something extraordinary.. never seen that amount of effort given from a player like that.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat