Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JEREMY CORBYN SNUBS BRITISH WAR VETERANS AND

Fri May 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Jeremy Corbyn snubs veteran after realising he wants to ask him a question about prosecuting army heroes as his minder BLOCKS his path and a Labour crowd JEER him

Daily Mail

Friday 12th May 2017

A war veteran was today snubbed by Jeremy Corbyn and later jeered at by the crowd at a Labour campaign rally.

Exasperated, Mr Gary says: 'He just doesn't care about British forces.'

The veteran, Rob Gray, went to the rally in York to ask the Labour leader about his views on the prosecution of Britain army veterans in Northern Ireland.

But despite agreeing to 'come down' from the stage and speak to the veteran, Mr Corbyn snubbed him and walked off into the crowd.

Meanwhile, a man in the crowd who looks to be a minder appears to stand in front of Mr Gray blocking him as he tries to get to the Labour leader.

War veteran angered when Corbyn fails to answer his question

The veteran was later jeered at by a member of the crowd when he complained that he had been ignored Mr Corbyn.

An onlooker branded the scenes 'disgusting' and said the veteran was 'hounded' by people at the rally.

In a video posted online, the clearly upset war veteran said Mr Corbyn purposely left the rally without speaking to him after spotting his beret and medals pinned to his jacket.

During the clip a member of the crowd confronts the war veteran while others watch on.

Clearly upset, Mr Gray said: 'I was totally respectful.'

But the man confronting him replies: 'No you are not'.

Mr Gray tries to get the attention of the Labour leader, but Mr Corbyn disappears off

The veteran, named online as Rob Gray, was clearly upset at not being able to quiz Mr Corbyn about his stance on the prosecution of soldiers in Northern Ireland

He was heckled by one member of the Corbyn rally today - while a woman steps in and points out he deserves respect because he fought for Britain

Jeremy Corbyn addresses the crowd at the rally in York, where later a war veteran was heckled

Jeremy Corbyn walks away from war veteran's question after speech

A woman then intervenes to try to stop the heckler, telling him 'this guy fought for our country', but the man responds: 'It doesn't matter'

Mr Gray says: 'I was totally respectful. The fact is, what is the position of Labour on the prosecution of veterans in Northern Ireland? That's all we wanted to ask, and he has gone off.

'He knew there was a question waiting for him, he saw the beret and the medals, and he went.'

The other man who confronted him shook his head and said 'no'

An onlooker called Jayh Karia‏wrote wrote on Twitter: 'There was no respect given to the man and Corbyn's staff did not help the situation at all and allowed it to continue.'

In another tweet he said: 'It was absolutely disgusting. They were hounding the poor man. Even one of the stewards piled in...'

Another video of the event on ITV News shows Mr Gray asking Mr Corbyn if he can ask him a question while the Labour leader is on stage.

Mr Corbyn agrees and steps off the stage, but instead of heading towards the war veteran he climbs off the stage and walks through the crowd and away.

Mr Gray calls out to him several times and walks after Mr Corbyn for several minutes.

Thousands of people attended the rally in York today, but a war veteran hoping to get answers to his question was jeered at

Several people chime in to try to get his attention while Mr Gray calls out ‘Mr Corbyn, will you answer my question or not?’

But the Labour leader continues to walk away and eventually disappears from sight before getting into a car and being driven off.

Exasperated, Mr Gary says: 'He just doesn't care about British forces.'

He then points to where the car was and says 'Sorry but that's just lost him four million votes.'

James Schneider, a Corbyn aide who used to be a spokesman for Momentum, then approaches Mr Gray and gets his number so the Labour leader can be in touch.

A Labour source told the Mail Online that at the end of the rally Mr Gray shouted out that he wanted to ask a question.

But when Mr Corbyn tried to enter the crowd to answer it he was told by the security staff not to go into the 2,000-strong crowd because it would be too hard for him to get out.

The source insisted it was absolutely not because he spotted Mr Gray's army beret and did not want to talk to him.

Families of former soldiers in northern Ireland have complained that their loved ones have been hounded through the courts while terrorists in the IRA have evaded justice for the crimes they committed during the Troubles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: JEREMY CORBYN SNUBS BRITISH WAR VETERANS AND

Fri May 12, 2017 2:13 pm

:shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 12, 2017 2:20 pm

The Daily Mail just happens to be a right-wing Tory rag! Why don't you feature Ben Griffin,a former SAS soldier who refused to fight in the Iraq war saying - 'I refuse to pull on that rancid uniform. I refuse to fight for Queen and country.'
There's a bloody hero for you!

Fri May 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Corbyns a c**t and an arsehole and i'm a labour voter,but he won't get my vote, i won't vote at all

Fri May 12, 2017 2:50 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Corbyns a c**t and an arsehole and i'm a labour voter,but he won't get my vote, i won't vote at all

Is that another gospel Daily Mail quote. :lol:

Fri May 12, 2017 3:24 pm

c**t

Fri May 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Bloody hell we all get a bit tetchy about politics.

All I know is you shouldn't read any papers during purdah they are all biased either one way or the other.

Fri May 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Daily Mail? Is that the same paper that reported today Jeremy Corbyn ran over a camera man yesterday? When there's footage ON THEIR WEBSITE of Jeremy being sat in the back seat, and a POLICE OFFICER driving the car.

Here's what I think...

Fri May 12, 2017 6:10 pm

bluemun wrote:The Daily Mail just happens to be a right-wing Tory rag! Why don't you feature Ben Griffin,a former SAS soldier who refused to fight in the Iraq war saying - 'I refuse to pull on that rancid uniform. I refuse to fight for Queen and country.'
There's a bloody hero for you!

You cock.....

Fri May 12, 2017 6:35 pm

[quote="Miller time"][/quote]

Is that a new low for you?

Fri May 12, 2017 6:47 pm

:oops:

Fri May 12, 2017 7:02 pm

A minister of peace sounds like a great idea Mr Corbyn. Perhaps you could get ISIS, Hamas, al-Qaeda, Al Shabaab, Boko Haram, Hezbollah, Muslim brotherhood, real IRA, Islamic jihad movement, Shining path plus 100s of others to a great big table and sort out all the worlds problems, perhaps you could find world peace while your at it.

Fri May 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Miller time wrote:A minister of peace sounds like a great idea Mr Corbyn. Perhaps you could get ISIS, Hamas, al-Qaeda, Al Shabaab, Boko Haram, Hezbollah, Muslim brotherhood, real IRA, Islamic jihad movement, Shining path plus 100s of others to a great big table and sort out all the worlds problems, perhaps you could find world peace while your at it.

There is an element of truth in your poor attempt at sarcasm.History shows that in order to get peace you must persuade extremists of all kinds to ultimately sit down and talk.Putting aside your politics the historical facts can't be argued against.

Fri May 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Corbyn at it again ffs
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 ... off_fb_tmg

Fri May 12, 2017 9:51 pm

This message board is getting better than the sun!!! :roll: What a load of bullshit.

Fri May 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Miller time wrote:A minister of peace sounds like a great idea Mr Corbyn. Perhaps you could get ISIS, Hamas, al-Qaeda, Al Shabaab, Boko Haram, Hezbollah, Muslim brotherhood, real IRA, Islamic jihad movement, Shining path plus 100s of others to a great big table and sort out all the worlds problems, perhaps you could find world peace while your at it.

There is an element of truth in your poor attempt at sarcasm.History shows that in order to get peace you must persuade extremists of all kinds to ultimately sit down and talk.Putting aside your politics the historical facts can't be argued against.

When has that actually worked and had any lasting legacy..... Never.
Corbyn is a cock his close supporters are extremists. They and he need to f**k off.
If it wasn't for war veterans you would probably be speaking German

Sat May 13, 2017 12:11 am

Neath Bluebird wrote:This message board is getting better than the sun!!! :roll: What a load of bullshit.

I agree the board has become a soapbox for right wing supporters who often resort to insulting and hateful comments that are obviously influenced by the bias media reports that we have recently been bombarded with.They need to keep their absurd thoughts to themselves and try to keep their emotions in check. here.

Sat May 13, 2017 5:51 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 26591.html

Don't rate Corbyn, but here's a bit of balance for you, he stayed to chat to veterans whilst everyone else disappeared for a VIP lunch. Needless to say all the other politicans probably all had there snouts in the trough, literally.

Sat May 13, 2017 6:52 am

The Beachcomber wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:This message board is getting better than the sun!!! :roll: What a load of bullshit.

I agree the board has become a soapbox for right wing supporters who often resort to insulting and hateful comments that are obviously influenced by the bias media reports that we have recently been bombarded with.They need to keep their absurd thoughts to themselves and try to keep their emotions in check.

Lads you should stay and fight the good fight.Most of them haven't a clue and get their bullshit from the marginal right wing press.When you question them on their stance most either pretend they didn't see your post or get abusive which means in either case you've won.I agree on the clickbait bullshit though,even on football topics its getting worse.

Sat May 13, 2017 7:07 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
The Beachcomber wrote:

I agree the board has become a soapbox for right wing supporters who often resort to insulting and hateful comments that are obviously influenced by the bias media reports that we have recently been bombarded with.They need to keep their absurd thoughts to themselves and try to keep their emotions in check.

Lads you should stay and fight the good fight.Most of them haven't a clue and get their bullshit from the marginal right wing press.When you question them on their stance most either pretend they didn't see your post or get abusive which means in either case you've won.I agree on the clickbait bullshit though,even on football topics its getting worse.

It looks like unless we all share certain opinions, some people throw their toys out of the pram and say they are leaving to join another forum. In all probability, people on other forums will have differing points of view as well. That tends to happen on forums, people have different points of view, but it appears that some on here think only their point of view is valid because the rest of us read the wrong newspaper or whatever.

Sat May 13, 2017 7:21 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
The Beachcomber wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:

Been like it for a few months. Sadly it's heading downhill with a load of click bait ballocks to make the "owner" of the board more money from Advert. Total right wing bullshit posted by the usual suspects! :| I'm out. See you :thumbup:

I agree. The right wing view might be repulsive but at the end of the day every individual has a right to their opinion. The best way is to challenge that opinion and simply show them up for the idiots they are.

As for this particular article in the Mail, it is a classic example of a manufactured story. He turns up uninvited and expects to have the red carpet rolled out for him. When it is not he complains of being 'snubbed'.

Further he really should be harassing Theresa May and the Conservative Party as they have been the Government for the past 7 years and ultimately responsible for the prosecution of former members of the armed services. :roll:

Sat May 13, 2017 7:22 am

f*cking hell boys its just a bit of banter and politics while no football, respect each others opinions :thumbup:

and media winding us up :thumbup:

Steven Swinford, deputy political editor

12 MAY 2017

Jeremy Corbyn has an "unprecedented" £30 billion black hole in his spending plans, it has emerged as leading economists warned that he will bring a level of state intervention not seen since the Second World War.

Labour's draft manifesto, which was leaked to The Telegraph, includes up to £90bn worth of spending commitments which will cost every household in Britain the equivalent of £4,000 each.

However, economists suggested that Labour's plans for borrowing and tax rises will only raise £60bn, leaving a huge gap in spending plans.

Sat May 13, 2017 7:40 am

grange_end1927 wrote:f*cking hell boys its just a bit of banter and politics while no football, respect each others opinions :thumbup:

and media winding us up :thumbup:

Steven Swinford, deputy political editor

12 MAY 2017

Jeremy Corbyn has an "unprecedented" £30 billion black hole in his spending plans, it has emerged as leading economists warned that he will bring a level of state intervention not seen since the Second World War.

Labour's draft manifesto, which was leaked to The Telegraph, includes up to £90bn worth of spending commitments which will cost every household in Britain the equivalent of £4,000 each.

However, economists suggested that Labour's plans for borrowing and tax rises will only raise £60bn, leaving a huge gap in spending plans.

Here we go again. Labour have offered to have their Manifesto commitments scrutinised by the Independent Office of Budget Responsibility along side the Conservative one. The Tories have refused :lol:

As for an 'unprecedented' £30 billion 'black hole' I would point out that the Tories plan to borrow £60 billion this year to plug the difference between cash raised and cash spent. Indeed they have borrowed at least that (and much more) every year throughout the whole of their teniture since 2010. That little lot over 7 years adds up to more than everything previously borrowed by ALL Labour Government's!

We are constantly told that the Conservatives are the best bet when it comes to running the countries finances. The evidence would suggest they are not as they spend too much money giving tax cuts to the rich and large corporate firms whilst ignoring the worst off in society.

Sat May 13, 2017 7:58 am

The Beachcomber wrote:

I agree the board has become a soapbox for right wing supporters who often resort to insulting and hateful comments that are obviously influenced by the bias media reports that we have recently been bombarded with.They need to keep their absurd thoughts to themselves and try to keep their emotions in check. here.

So the right wing has now targeted CC Forum to create hatred - what a load of crap.

People are allowed to have different views and voice them.

Talking about violence, recently there has been more instances of violence from so called left wing activists throughout europe.

What is factual is that labour cannot count, they will dither over whether to go to war to protect us and they would rather see ex soldiers face more severe prosecution than the IRA who have an agreement that they would have special ttreatment.

Labour would be a disaster for this country under HIS leadership. I am an ex labour voter but not on his watch :old:

Sat May 13, 2017 8:13 am

Fusilier23 wrote:
The Beachcomber wrote:

So the right wing has now targeted CC Forum to create hatred - what a load of crap.

People are allowed to have different views and voice them.

Talking about violence, recently there has been more instances of violence from so called left wing activists throughout europe.

What is factual is that labour cannot count, they will dither over whether to go to war to protect us and they would rather see ex soldiers face more severe prosecution than the IRA who have an agreement that they would have special ttreatment.

Labour would be a disaster for this country under HIS leadership. I am an ex labour voter but not on his watch :old:

Totally agree

Sat May 13, 2017 9:39 am

What a c**t.

All these left wingers going on about getting rid of our detterant and spending on our armed forces, would be first crying to America for help if we ever had another Hitler (putin)

Labour is definatley more for the working class and having a fair system, which I would vote for. But not when that bellend is there.

Sat May 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Corbyn = Tit :bluebird:

Sat May 13, 2017 2:32 pm

We will all be able to voice our views soon enough at the ballot box. Whichever party has gained the most trust will be voted in. If the Conservatives are as bad and untrustworthy as some have claimed on here, they do not need to worry. A large percentage of the population will vote, not just the Labour supporters on this forum. If their claims are correct, I am sure that the majority of the people will also be able to see this, and the Conservatives will be slaughtered. At the moment, it looks like a large percentage of the population do not agree with the Labour backers, but a lot can change in a short period of time.

Sat May 13, 2017 3:34 pm

I detest all things left wing and their class hatred propergander,but I will always fight for their right to free speech

Sat May 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Annis you are totally bias against anything to do with Labour.

Maybe you want to point out how Theresa May won't meet members of the public who haven't been picked out by her advisers?

Labour won't win unfortunately, and I expect the nasty party to increase their majority.

At least the people of France have sense.