Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Conway

Fri May 12, 2017 6:34 pm

With Blackburn going down, would you like to see us go in for Conway? Decent player always gives his best and chips in with a few goals :bluebird:

Re: Conway

Fri May 12, 2017 6:41 pm

not for me, not a huge fan of players coming back. he is 32 now, would rather someone younger with more pace.

Fri May 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Not for me

Fri May 12, 2017 7:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:not for me, not a huge fan of players coming back. he is 32 now, would rather someone younger with more pace.

Agree think we need better

Sat May 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Def need better for a promotion push :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat May 13, 2017 11:20 pm

I wouldn't have sold him or rudy in the first place but I must agree it would be a backward step to have him back now

Sun May 14, 2017 7:04 am

absolutely and definately 200% no! He was slow as fk when with us and you want to go back in?

Jesus if we got any ambition we need to be looking for good players!

Sun May 14, 2017 8:33 am

Great player for us, locked down the his wing. Malkys system wasn't to have dazzling wingers taking on players and scoring one on ones's, but glorified full backs.

I don't think Warnock wants this type of player, he wants pace and goal scoring wide forwards.

We always go on about giving it 100%, he always did.

Sun May 14, 2017 11:16 am

I wouldn't be against the move, wouldn't cost much at his age

Sun May 14, 2017 12:57 pm

He was a hard working player with a great shot - his winning goal against Pompei was one of my favourites.

But his time has passed as a Bluebird. Not for me thanks.

Sun May 14, 2017 4:37 pm

glyncoed4 wrote:I wouldn't have sold him or rudy in the first place but I must agree it would be a backward step to have him back now

could have understand why Malky didn't seem to rate him.

Mon May 15, 2017 6:38 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Great player for us, locked down the his wing. Malkys system wasn't to have dazzling wingers taking on players and scoring one on ones's, but glorified full backs.

I don't think Warnock wants this type of player, he wants pace and goal scoring wide forwards.

We always go on about giving it 100%, he always did.

agree with your views on Conway not being a Warnock type winger.
was good for us in the MM system and won loads of free kicks in dangerous areas which was the cornerstone of us winning games.

Mon May 15, 2017 9:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:not for me, not a huge fan of players coming back. he is 32 now, would rather someone younger with more pace.

Agree think we need better

Spot On .