Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEIL WARNOCK HAS VOWED HE WILL '

Fri May 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Cardiff City to play full-strength side including new signings at charity match against Welsh village team

Friday 12th May 2017

Neil Warnock vowing he will take a full first team for the game.

Neil Warnock has revealed Cardiff City fans will get a first glimpse of his new signings at the humble home of Welsh League outfit Taff's Well.

Warnock has shunned the chance of taking his side on an overseas tour and has instead talked up his delight of taking the Bluebirds to camp in his adopted home of Cornwall in pre-season.

Neil Warnock vowing he will take a full first team for the game.

Warnock says he is keen for local fans to get a chance to see his re-shaped side once he completes his off-season signings, having claimed it's his mission to bring back a connection between the Cardiff faithful and the club.

And he will raise money for good causes while doing it with cash raised from the expected sell-out at Rhiw Dda'r going to Cancer Research.

Taff's Well finished midtable in the feeder league for the Welsh Premier, with their home ground – which also hosted Merthyr Town in their first year of reformation – can hold a ground of about 3,000.

It is not the first time Warnock has gone local, having sent a star-studded Sheffield United side to take on Hope Valley League side Baslow while managing in Yorkshire.

NEIL WARNOCK:

And he said: “People talk about tours overseas but we'll go as far as Cornwall and Taff's Well.

“I'm not sure anybody's heard of Taff's Well but I'm looking forward to it. When I was at Sheffield we played Baslow and made a fortune for Cancer Research so we'll do the same.

“I think we've got a responsibility as managers and teams and give a chance for autographs because the game is going away from the fans because there's so much money involved. I've personally set my stall out to get the fans back involved and let them have a bit of the club.”

The game takes place on Friday July 14 before heading to Cornwall where Warnock has set up home with wife Sharon, who herself has battled cancer.

Warnock's first team will face Tavistock on July 17, Bodmin Town on July 19 and former club Plymouth Argyle on July 21 before two late July home friendlies, the second of which comes against League Two champions Portsmouth on July 28.

The Championship season kicks-off on August 5, but Warnock wants his side to relax before thoughts turn to next term.

After securing a top-half finish with a 3-0 win over Huddersfield on the final day, Warnock said: “They need to get on the beach and enjoy themselves now because they've worked their socks off. I want them to enjoy it with me and I think they are, but I ask them to die for me when the whistle goes and I think they have.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK HAS VOWED HE WILL '

Fri May 12, 2017 9:46 pm

ALL CARDIFF CITY'S PRE-SEASON 2017-18 FRIENDLIES

Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: