Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock storms in to the Huddersfield Press Conference

Sat May 13, 2017 7:05 am

The genius moment Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock stormed into Huddersfield manager's press conference to mock Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

Video thumbnail, The hilarious moment Warnock interrupts Wagner's press conference
The video will start in 6Cancel
Play now

The hilarious moment Warnock interrupts Wagner's presser
This is the brilliant moment Neil Warnock hilariously gate-crashed Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner's press conference to mock Sheffield Wednesday after Cardiff City's 3-0 win over the Terriers.

Wagner's men had already secured their place in the top six of the Championship ahead of their meeting with the Bluebirds at the John Smith's Stadium.

Joe Bennett added a brace to Kenneth Zohore seventh minute opener as Cardiff signed off the season with a fine win over promotion hopefuls Huddersfield who had goalkeeper Danny Ward sent off after just 20 minutes, a result that ensured the Bluebirds finished in the top half of the final league table.

Defeat for Terriers means Wagner's side will face Sheffield Wednesday in the semi-finals of the play-offs, with the first leg taking place next Sunday.

And Warnock - who guided Wednesday's bitter rivals Sheffield United into the Premier League in 2006 - stormed into Wagner's post-match press conference to have a cheeky dig at his former club's neighbours.

Warnock shares a joke with Huddersfield boss David Wagner (Photo: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
At the beginning of the 47-second clip, Warnock could be heard banging on the door to the press room shouting "Let me in, let me in. Come on, for ****'s sake, I've got to go."

Wagner left his seat to allow the Yorkshireman to sit down, with Warnock saying to the German boss: "All the best with them lads next week son, I'll be with you. Sheffield Wednesday, come on David, my lads."

A reporter jumped in by asking the Huddersfield manager if he knew who the Cardiff manager supported, to which Wagner correctly answered Sheffield United - Warnock's hometown club.

And Warnock replied: "Yes! Come on the Terriers."

A week before the match in west Yorkshire, Huddersfield were criticised for making 10 changes to their side for their clash with Birmingham, a game they went on to lose 2-0.

Huddersfield Town manager David Wagner ahead of his side's clash with Cardiff City
It brought back bitter memories for the Cardiff boss whose Sheffield United side were relegated from the Premier League in 2007 after Manchester United and Liverpool both fielded weakened teams for games against the Blades' rivals for survival, West Ham and Fulham, games the two sides at the lower reaches of the table won.

Warnock previously commented on how painful such decisions had been to him in the past, and after crashing into Wagner's press conference following his side's magnificent 3-0 win over the Terriers, the Yorkshireman couldn't resist having another tongue-in-cheek dig at the German's controversial team selection.

"You deserve to get fined you, go away," added Warnock.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... s-13000967 :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.