Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Totally Unfair to the real football fans

Sat May 13, 2017 7:25 am

Manchester United & Ajax get 9500 tickets each in a 50,000 capacity stadium for the final.

Less than 40% goes to the fans.

Despicable from UEFA.

Re: Totally Unfair to the real football fans

Sat May 13, 2017 7:27 am

Manchester United fans are livid about the "disgraceful" 9,500 ticket allocation for Europa League final vs Ajax

Daily Mirror

Saturday 13th May 2017

Jose Mourinho's Man United will play in the final on May 24

Manchester United fans are understandably livid about the 9,500 ticket allocation for their Europa League final against Ajax.

To add insult to injury the game will be played at the Friends Arena in Stockholm, which boasts a capacity of 50,000.

Ajax will get a similar allocation for the match, which will take place on May 24, meaning less than half of the ground will be made up of fans of the two teams.

The additional 31,000 seats will be sold to corporate hospitality, national associations, commercial partners, broadcasters and more.

Friends Arena boasts a capacity of 50,000

As to be expected, Red Devils supporters were less than impressed as the news broke, taking to Twitter to voice their frustration.

One United fan wrote: "That Europa League final allocation is disgusting.

Marouane Fellaini opened the scoring in the second leg of the semi-final (Photo: Manchester United)
The Ajax fans are expected to receive a similar allocation (Photo: AFP/Getty Images)
"Modern football at its worst. Less than half the stadium filled with actual fans of either team."

While another simple said: "Ticket allocation is disgusting."

Even a Liverpool fan felt for the United supporters, writing: "I am in no way a Manchester United fan.

"But a European final venue that holds 50,000 and their ticket allocation is going to be less than 9,500 stinks."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 13, 2017 7:35 am

Allocations need to be looked at for the genuine fans of the clubs - this is nothing new but nothing ever appears to change.

On the flip side of this without the tickets not being given to the other organisations then I would not be going to the champions league final in a few weeks time. :thumbup:

Not bad for a manager of a Micky Mouse parks league division 15 side as someone once referred to me on here as :o :lol:

Sat May 13, 2017 8:42 am

Typical. Real football fans don't get tickets. Shame on all football authorities. It will never change. :banghead: :banghead:

Sat May 13, 2017 10:01 am

Football has been treating the fans with contempt for many years. The only thing that is important to football in general in this day and age is money.

Sat May 13, 2017 10:52 am

They get what they deserve. It's nearly impossible for "real fans" to get tickets for Old Trafford - they'd rather sell their seats to holiday makers from the other side of the world. Serves them right.

Sat May 13, 2017 11:41 am

Just out of curiosity does anyone remember what kind of allocations we were given for our 3 Wembley finals? After hearing about this and Liverpools Europa allocation last year and the CL allocation next month I was wondering if English competitions give more tickets to fans than European ones?

Sat May 13, 2017 11:44 am

Its always been the same unfortunately and you always get a small outcry at the time, then it gets forgotten about. Us and Pompey getting 25,000 tickets each for the FA Cup Final was bad aswell considering the capacity.

The Euros aswell, even now I'm still shocked at how outnumbered we were in Lens, perhaps I'm being a bit naive but I just wasn't expecting it, was at least 70/30 in England's favour if not more, they were even in our one small section on the side, how the f**k they got hold of those tickets is beyond me as it means Welsh fans must have sold them to them which begs the question how those Welsh Fans got their hands on them in the first place given the qualification criteria.

Sat May 13, 2017 11:51 am

IcemanCometh wrote:Just out of curiosity does anyone remember what kind of allocations we were given for our 3 Wembley finals? After hearing about this and Liverpools Europa allocation last year and the CL allocation next month I was wondering if English competitions give more tickets to fans than European ones?

We had 25,000 for the FA Cup Final.

And I seem to remember it was 35,000 for the Semi Final, Play Off Final and Carling Cup Final

Sat May 13, 2017 11:52 am

bluebird58 wrote:They get what they deserve. It's nearly impossible for "real fans" to get tickets for Old Trafford - they'd rather sell their seats to holiday makers from the other side of the world. Serves them right.

That's not entirely true to be honest mate, for the past few seasons now with the odd exception you can get tickets for most games.

Sat May 13, 2017 2:13 pm

RV Casual wrote:
IcemanCometh wrote:Just out of curiosity does anyone remember what kind of allocations we were given for our 3 Wembley finals? After hearing about this and Liverpools Europa allocation last year and the CL allocation next month I was wondering if English competitions give more tickets to fans than European ones?

We had 25,000 for the FA Cup Final.

And I seem to remember it was 35,000 for the Semi Final, Play Off Final and Carling Cup Final

the FA cup final was 25k each for clubs, 17k wembley debentures, 23k the football family .
pretty sure those figures still stand.