Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Millwall hooligan element scares some Bradford supporters

Sat May 13, 2017 9:42 am

Very sad to read as this should be an amazing day for Bradford Fans and a special trip for all their fans.
I personally believe Millwall fans would not hurt families and they will all be respected :thumbright:

Millwall hooligan element scares some Bradford supporters off buying tickets for League One play-off final

Mail on line

Saturday 13th May 2017

Bradford City have sold around 24,000 tickets for the League One play-off final but some supporters are reluctant to take their families to see Stuart McCall's side at Wembley because of Millwall's hooligan element.

Supporters' coaches were attacked and windows smashed before and after Bradford's play-off game at the Den last year.

This was followed by the disgraceful scenes at Wembley when some Millwall fans reacted to defeat by trying to invade a section of Barnsley supporters, sending families running for cover.

Bradford supporters have noted the lack of assurances from the Metropolitan Police or the FA, who are responsible for the safety of spectators inside Wembley.

Some Bradford fans say they will not travel and others do not want to take children to the game after the previous experiences. The club have been allocated 38,000 tickets.

The FA insist there have been lessons taken from last year's League One play-off final, which Barnsley won 3-1. They have made slight alterations to the segregation pattern inside Wembley Stadium but will not deploy extra security.

An EFL statement read: 'The EFL wishes to reassure supporters planning to attend next Saturday's Sky Bet League One Play-Off Final that we are working collaboratively with WNSL (Wembley National Stadium Limited), the Metropolitan Police and other relevant authorities to put all the necessary plans in place to ensure the event is a welcoming and enjoyable occasion for all.

'As always, safety and security measures will be comprehensively assessed to ensure they meet the specific requirements of the fixture and we have every confidence that the final will present fans of both clubs with a fitting conclusion to the League One season. '

Millwall's FA Cup match at Tottenham in March cost a staggering £250,000 to police — with the taxpayer picking up more than £200,000 of the tab.

Figures obtained by Sportsmail under Freedom of Information laws reveal that the police bill came to £255,173.36.

Of that sum, £49,985.58 was deducted from gate receipts, but the rest — £205,187,78 — was paid by the tax-paying public.

Police moved in at various points to keep rival supporters apart ahead of the match, which Spurs comfortably won 6-0 with Son Heung-min scoring a hat-trick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Millwall hooligan element scares some Bradford supporter

Sat May 13, 2017 9:45 am

Millwall have sold over 18,000 tickets for Wembley so far.

13/05/17

They go on general sale at 10am this morning...

Sat May 13, 2017 1:04 pm

They weren't discriminating at Rotherham.

I don't blame Bradford fans being wary, Millwall are still in the dark ages.

I'm surprised they are still able to get away with it. Every season there are still 2-3 serious incidents involving them

Sat May 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Annis. I think you are very naive if you don't think innocent fans suffer when the Neanderthal's get going.

Sun May 14, 2017 10:41 am

When I worked in Woolwich years ago I witnessed Millwall performing on a train looking for Arsenal fans they were attacking everyone including women.There was a near riot at London Bridge I was hit with a bottle , my crime being Welsh and attempting to help a guy out who was getting battered. They have a trail of such incidents over the years.I lived in New Cross and drank in some of their pubs most were fine and had a sneeking admiration for Cardiff, but some I was extremely wary of period!

Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am

Hope they stay down, horrible f*cking fans

Sun May 14, 2017 9:10 pm

The only ground that I've been to that my mouth went dry. We only took one coach and that was attacked. Nutters.

Sun May 14, 2017 9:10 pm

The only ground that I've been to that my mouth went dry. We only took one coach and that was attacked. Nutters.

Mon May 15, 2017 8:12 am

I think your way off the mark Annis. These clowns are not good and still go out looking for it, like some muppets at all clubs, ours included.

scum of the earth, and just hope they stay down. I think a massive police presence would be required for it

Tue May 16, 2017 3:49 pm

The Treatment v The Ointment! You couldn't make it up lol!