Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Eurovision

Sat May 13, 2017 8:35 pm

f**k me this is dire. It's gotta be the worst yet. British entry is yuk.

Re: Eurovision

Sat May 13, 2017 9:27 pm

City Slicker wrote:f**k me this is dire. It's gotta be the worst yet. British entry is yuk.

I gave up on the show 20 years ago

Sat May 13, 2017 9:40 pm

For some unknown reason we are!!
The Belgium entry was half decent and deserves to win.
Otherwise the Skeleton song (Austria) and Yodel It!!! (Romania) were OK.

Sun May 14, 2017 8:46 am

Did'nt watch much of it because while there is plenty of good music, groups and solo artists around you don't tend to hear or see them on this type of show. From the bits and pieces I saw, one thing I observed was that most of the songs were sung in English, irrespective of which country they originated in.

Sun May 14, 2017 8:58 am

Most songs sung in english ,have that junker you prick !

Sun May 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Stopped watching it years ago. It was only bearable to hear Terry taking the piss out of them, as it was clear that every country had agreed not to vote for Britain as they clearly hate us. So fuck-them all and their bearded ladboy freaks.

Sun May 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Interest in slowly fading in it. Wasn't even the most watched show last night in the UK.

Overnight ratings showed that Eurovision had an average audience of 6.7 million on BBC One, peaking at 8.4 million - but the average audience was at 5.5 million during the time Britain's Got Talent was on ITV.

Britain's Got Talent actually beat Eurovision with an average audience of 8 million, and peaking at 9.3 million.

Years ago, not much would have got close to Eurovision in the overall UK ratings over the year - but now it's not even the most watched of the night.

Sun May 14, 2017 5:11 pm

wez1927 wrote:Most songs sung in english ,have that junker you prick !

42 voting countries and all announced their results in English - yet the EU says the language is not so important these days.