Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CRAIG BELLAMY'S DREAM & BELLAMY WILL CONTINUE "

Sun May 14, 2017 7:12 am

" CRAIG BELLAMY'S DREAM & BELLAMY WILL CONTINUE "

Craig Bellamy will personally continue to take charge of Cardiff City Under 18s next season and manage the whole Development and Academy teams

It will be a full-time job for Craig Bellamy at Cardiff City.

Sunday 14th May 2017

Bellamy admits it is his dream to one day manage either Cardiff City or Wales.

Ex-Liverpool,Newcastle,Cardiff City and Wales striker Craig Bellamy will continue to take charge of Cardiff City under-18s next season as he begins his path to becoming a football manager.

Craig Bellamy rejoined his hometown club last October with the management role of overseeing youth player development and has impressed the club enough to be given his own team for the first time.

The under-18s is also where Bellamy's former team-mate Steven Gerrard is learning his trade at Liverpool.

Bellamy, 37, enjoyed a colourful career with Norwich, Coventry, Newcastle, Celtic, Blackburn, Liverpool, West Ham and Manchester City before retiring at Cardiff in 2014.

He won honours with Celtic and Liverpool, winning the 2012 League Cup with Gerrard, and scored 19 goals in 78 appearances for Wales besides reprenting Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics.

Noted for his fiery and passionate temprament, he was also involved in a number of controversial incidents during his career including a 'golf club' bust-up with Jon Arne Riise on a Liverpool trip to Portugal.

Nonetheless Bellamy is regarded as an intelligent thinker about football and Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan sees him as the right man to bring on more homegrown talents to follow in the footsteps of past graduates like Aaron Ramsey.

Bellamy has admitted it's his 'dream' to one day manage Cardiff City or Wales and says his past experiences can help him educate the current generation.

'"There are a lot of bad habits I let myself pick up when I was a young player. So it's easy for me to spot those and try to stop them today before they become problems" he said in a recent interview.

Cardiff under-18s finished 15th in this season's Professional Development League Two under Bellamy's guidance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CRAIG BELLAMY'S DREAM & BELLAMY WILL CONTINUE "

Sun May 14, 2017 9:18 am

Seems obvious to me bells will take over from warnock when he decides to retire.

Sun May 14, 2017 9:30 am

boyo1927 wrote:Seems obvious to me bells will take over from warnock when he decides to retire.

My worry is has Bells got the time and as has many many interests away from football, which are time consuming.

Sun May 14, 2017 10:38 am

boyo1927 wrote:Seems obvious to me bells will take over from warnock when he decides to retire.

Let's see how he gets on first, just because he was a good player doesn't mean he will be a good manager, fifteenth in league 2 isn't exactly ripping up trees.

Sun May 14, 2017 11:20 am

The youth set-up still a shambles. Getting tanked most matches indicates a lack of talent with or without Bellers.

Sun May 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Let's see how he gets on first, just because he was a good player doesn't mean he will be a good manager, fifteenth in league 2 isn't exactly ripping up trees.

Agree doesn't mean he will be any good. Just stating looks like.the plan to me which does make sense. Hopefully.he does.well as a local cardiff.boy managing us would be great

Sun May 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Looks that way and Warnock to move upstairs possibly.

Mon May 15, 2017 7:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:

My worry is has Bells got the time and as has many many interests away from football, which are time consuming.

Like playing golf twice a day