' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Poll Who you voting for in the general election

Con
38%
Lab
42%
Lib
3%
UKIP
3%
Plaid
9%
Green
1%
Snp
0%
Bnp
No votes
Nat front
2%
Other
2%

Total votes : 278

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Sven » Tue May 23, 2017 2:00 am

Hotdogboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Hotdogboy wrote:So Sven may I ask what you reasons for leaving the e.u were just the top 5 would do.
My were no immigration without our say so from anywhere. Freedom to trade with who we want. Freedom to make our own employment laws less protection for employees so they have to work to keep they jobs. Hard border with Ireland. To not share any intelligence with Europe. My main reasons to get out of Europe. And that's what I want anything less is not what I voted for. I want what I voted for. To many leavers don't seem to care what they get. Which says to me they didn't know what they were voting for.

Also you mentioned in you post that over half the country wanted out. This is incorrect. A massive amount of people weren't entitled to vote and some would argue like myself this vote effects them more than most current voters. Which is why I voted leave believing I was doing the best for their future.

Also over 27% of voters didn't turn out so even then half of the voters didn't vote remain. Estimates around 38% of voters actually voted leave. A much smaller number if you include the whole population. Then it looks like we won with a tiny % which to me isn't democratically correct. A few deciding for the many. But it's worked in my favour so I'm happy to run with it if I get what I actually voted for.

I believe if there was another vote the country would vote remain.

You may ask but all I will say is that whilst we may have voted the same way, our reasons are wide apart; particularly on the sharing of information, which I believe is essential ;)

Of those who voted (surely the only ones who can be counted? :? ) more than half voted Brexit...FACT!

What you weren't given was a number of scenarios of 'how' we leave. You voted on a simple yes or no scenario and now the Government have the unenviable task of getting it done to the satisfaction of a public most of whom still don't understand all the politicking involved

We'd all like different things out of the situation but the cost of our 'self-determination' as a nation might well be that we have to compromise in some areas. I can accept that (IMHO our Government are not likely to sell the UK down the river) and I took that into consideration when I voted. It appears others cannot or did not! :shock:

So I'm assuming if what ever reason you voted to leave for isnt achieved you don't care you still happy with the vote. ??
This is the strangest situation ever people openly happy to be stitched up. The job has only started this was my fear that most leave voters didn't know what they want, are unwilling to hold the government to task. Just shows most of us leavers how no commitment to the cause.

You assume wrong but you've done that in the past! ;)

Quote: "Just shows most of us leavers have no commitment to the cause"

I find it a little ironic that you accuse others of "no commitment" but I duly note that you have clearly included yourself in that group ;)

It is you that appear to want to change the rules of engagement when the irrefutable fact is that at the Ballot Box the vote was a simplistic 'in' or 'out'

You say you voted the former but clearly didn't listen to the many warnings that it could get messy with no guarantees of any specific outcomes

There will be some tough negotiations ahead and I'm all for those representing the UK keeping their cards close to their chests whilst they do so :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Hotdogboy » Tue May 23, 2017 8:56 am

Sven you keep avoiding direct questions. What were you top 5 reasons to vote to leave Europe?
If none of the above change after leaving will you be happ??
Hotdogboy

Postby Dave67 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Sven wrote:Tell me again how hard done by you feel.

The Nobel Peace Prize 2012 was awarded to European Union (EU) "for over six decades contributed to the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe".
Dave67

Postby Jock » Tue May 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Hotdogboy wrote:Also Sven you keep avoiding direct questions. What were you top 5 reasons to vote to leave Europe?

Sovereignty
Immigration
Democracy
Trade freely with 93% of the Worlds population
A better future for my Granddaughter.
Jock

Postby wez1927 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Tories still in the lead :lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Tue May 23, 2017 7:27 pm

100% labour the sooner we remove the parasitic arty that is the tories the better.

One of the biggest things this country stands for is the NHS, keeping this alone is simply worth voting anyone bar the tories who are trying to destroy it and will succeed

Are labour perfect hell no, but they are an alternative that will safeguard the NHS, spark life back into an economy destroyed in 7 years of Tory rule and have a man at the helm that despite things I do not agree with him on actually stands fpr something and is not just a Tory in a red tie

Labour post that identity in the last 10 years at least JC stands for the bulk of true labour values and whilst not everyone's cup of tea he gets my vote 100% when the alternative is simply thatcher 2
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Hotdogboy » Tue May 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Jock wrote:
Hotdogboy wrote:Also Sven you keep avoiding direct questions. What were you top 5 reasons to vote to leave Europe?

Sovereignty
Immigration
Democracy
Trade freely with 93% of the Worlds population
A better future for my Granddaughter.

All great points and I ageee with all. But if the deal doesn't include the end of those don't you want a say in it?? It's not what you voted for.
Hopefully we get what we hoped for but I do fear a stitch up.
Hotdogboy

Postby Jonty106 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:27 am

[quote="smakerzthebluebird"]100% labour the sooner we remove the parasitic arty that is the tories the better.

Do you realise that this opening line is so shallow it stinks of MOMENTUM. This suggests the tactics of insults and bullying that was used by Fascists, Stalinists and Maoists. I am a new member of the Conservative Party brought up by a working class single mother and have worked hard all my life. Does that make me a "parasite"? I am a Tory because I support Theresa May's centrist and pragmatic approach to fairness in politics. She's nowhere near perfect and I disagree with her on a number of things such as a return of fox hunting which, as a member, I will work hard to campaign against. By the way, what I absolutely refuse to do is row with fellow Bluebirds over politics. One of my best friends is unfortunately a Corbynite who's best slogan is "Don't worry the rich will pay for everything!"
Jonty106

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu May 25, 2017 10:24 am

A pragmatic and fair approach in politics is one thing but she now needs to apply the same principle in policy.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 25, 2017 10:39 am

We will continue complaining about public services in Wales, we will complain about our NHS. ambulance service etc., and we will continue voting for a Labour Party to run Wales as we have for the last 20 years. If Labour get into parliament, the Welsh Government will roughly get the same money as they will get under the Tory Party as the treasury will continue to use the Barnett Formula. In 5 years time we will still be complaining about our public services, and will then vote Labour in again to run them.
Steve Zodiak

Postby allchurch » Thu May 25, 2017 10:39 am

labour
allchurch

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu May 25, 2017 10:54 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:We will continue complaining about public services in Wales, we will complain about our NHS. ambulance service etc., and we will continue voting for a Labour Party to run Wales as we have for the last 20 years. If Labour get into parliament, the Welsh Government will roughly get the same money as they will get under the Tory Party as the treasury will continue to use the Barnett Formula. In 5 years time we will still be complaining about our public services, and will then vote Labour in again to run them.

The Barnet formula has been shown to be disproportionately unfair,thats why the Tories quote it chapter and verse because it suits their needs when they justify under funding Wales.
Sneggyblubird

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:20 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:We will continue complaining about public services in Wales, we will complain about our NHS. ambulance service etc., and we will continue voting for a Labour Party to run Wales as we have for the last 20 years. If Labour get into parliament, the Welsh Government will roughly get the same money as they will get under the Tory Party as the treasury will continue to use the Barnett Formula. In 5 years time we will still be complaining about our public services, and will then vote Labour in again to run them.

The Barnet formula has been shown to be disproportionately unfair,thats why the Tories quote it chapter and verse because it suits their needs when they justify under funding Wales.

Dont we get more money per head than english people tho ?
wez1927

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 25, 2017 11:48 am

wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Dont we get more money per head than english people tho ?

I think a lot of people agree it is not fit for purpose, but while I have not read every point in the manifestos produced by our parties, I don't recall anyone coming out and saying they will immediately scrap it. I am sure someone will tell me if I am wrong, but as far as I am aware the treasury will use it to calculate how much money per head of population Wales will be given, and that money will be more or less the same irrespective of who wins the election. Once it has been calculated, it is up to our friends in the Bay to make best use of it.
Steve Zodiak

Postby GarethB64 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:30 pm

I would like to be have a strong NHS to treat me me in my old age and to look after my family should the need arise.
I also like the idea of the railways being nationalised and the profits going into the state and not to the few.
My children are about to go to University so it would be quite nice for them not to start out in life with a £30,000 debt.
It would be nice if there were more police on the streets to keep us a little safer.
I would like to think as a Country we would offer care to our sick and vulnerable and a place to live.
Having a minimum wage that would allow people to support themselves and live a reasonable life and not get exploited by the few seems like a good idea to me.
Not selling arms to a Country who seems to be behind most terrorist attacks and terrorist organisations seems a sensible plan.
Wanting to broker peace through negotiation rather than retaliation would be more sensible tactic than bombing countries and making tomorrows terrorists.
Running to kiss the ring of one of the most unstable leaders of the West when he was elected didnt make me feel proud.

I dont see how the average football fan can look at the policies of the Tories and think that they are the party that best protects them or represents their ideals. Thats why I will be voting Labour.

This may be my first post but certainly not my first visit to the forum. I have been a silent observer and City fan for 20 years. Just surprised and disappointed by some of the narrow minded opinions on this post.
GarethB64

Postby Jonty106 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:01 pm

GarethB64 wrote:I would like to be have a strong NHS to treat me me in my old age and to look after my family should the need arise.
I also like the idea of the railways being nationalised and the profits going into the state and not to the few.
My children are about to go to University so it would be quite nice for them not to start out in life with a £30,000 debt.
It would be nice if there were more police on the streets to keep us a little safer.
I would like to think as a Country we would offer care to our sick and vulnerable and a place to live.
Having a minimum wage that would allow people to support themselves and live a reasonable life and not get exploited by the few seems like a good idea to me.
Not selling arms to a Country who seems to be behind most terrorist attacks and terrorist organisations seems a sensible plan.
Wanting to broker peace through negotiation rather than retaliation would be more sensible tactic than bombing countries and making tomorrows terrorists.
Running to kiss the ring of one of the most unstable leaders of the West when he was elected didnt make me feel proud.

I dont see how the average football fan can look at the policies of the Tories and think that they are the party that best protects them or represents their ideals. Thats why I will be voting Labour.

This may be my first post but certainly not my first visit to the forum. I have been a silent observer and City fan for 20 years. Just surprised and disappointed by some of the narrow minded opinions on this post.

Nobody on here who has just joined the forum to post political bias can be considered as either genuine or even a true Bluebird. Your post stinks of MOMENTUM who offer nothing other than hard left delusional BS. MOMENTUM have infested Social Media and News Forum sites like a festering plague. They will spew rhetoric, anti tory bile, lies , exaggerations and insults and will try to shout down any opposition. Corbyn and his cronies are dinosaur Marxists and terrorist sympathisers and apologists. I would recommend the Morning Star or maybe the Guardian is more appropriate for you and "YOUR NARROW MINDED OPINIONS"
Jonty106

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Jonty106 wrote:
GarethB64 wrote:I would like to be have a strong NHS to treat me me in my old age and to look after my family should the need arise.

Nobody on here who has just joined the forum to post political bias can be considered as either genuine or even a true Bluebird. Your post stinks of MOMENTUM who offer nothing other than hard left delusional BS. MOMENTUM have infested Social Media and News Forum sites like a festering plague. They will spew rhetoric, anti tory bile, lies , exaggerations and insults and will try to shout down any opposition. Corbyn and his cronies are dinosaur Marxists and terrorist sympathisers and apologists. I would recommend the Morning Star or maybe the Guardian is more appropriate for you and "YOUR NARROW MINDED OPINIONS"

:lol:
wez1927

Postby The nations Capitol » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm

I hope labour canvassers knock my door.....im going to rip them a new arsehole.
The nations Capitol

Postby Who are you » Thu May 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Labour can't trust her too many u turns if we had an unbiased media she would have been blown off the map
Who are you

Tories

Postby Who are you » Thu May 25, 2017 6:35 pm

What have they ever done for you?
Nhs no
Workers rights no
Food banks yes
Sold the family jewels yes
Increased poverty yes
Looked after their own yes
Look after everybody no
Zero hour contracts yes
Is there anything I forgot ?
Who are you

Nottingham forest next season

Postby Who are you » Thu May 25, 2017 6:40 pm

Will the scabby scabby scabby Nottingham song be changed next season?
With a rendition of oh lovely lovely lovely Nottingham
Due to the increase of Tory (Maggie Thatcher) lovers on here
There can't be many working class people left on here that remember how the chant originated
Who are you

Re: Tories

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 25, 2017 6:43 pm

Who are you wrote:What have they ever done for you?
Nhs no
Workers rights no
Food banks yes
Increased poverty yes
Look after everybody no
Zero hour contracts yes

Yes. The Tories don't run the NHS in Wales.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Who are you » Thu May 25, 2017 6:50 pm

What have they done for you?
Look forward to replies
Who are you

Postby Who are you » Thu May 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Labour runs NHS in Wales yes
Was it created by the Tory party no
Aneurin Bevan and Labour Party created the NHS for the people
Who are you

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Who are you wrote:What have they done for you?
Look forward to replies

Not a lot. Not had a chance really. Most things that are important to me are run by Labour in Cardiff Bay, and I have no doubt will continue to be under Labour control for another 5 years.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Thu May 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Nhs no
Workers rights no
Food banks yes
Increased poverty yes
Look after everybody no
Zero hour contracts yes

yes to research this properly
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 25, 2017 8:46 pm

dogfound wrote:
Nhs no
Workers rights no
Food banks yes
Increased poverty yes
Look after everybody no
Zero hour contracts yes

Was'nt going to say anything about his other points. If he had researched things, he would have spotted which party was in power when food banks increased by 20 times. However, I am not naive enough to blame this entirely on the ruling party at that time as similar increases were seen across most of Europe where people are prepared to be charitable. Zero hour contracts have been around for so long, even Tony Blair had promised to get rid of them. However, they are still here. People only believe what they want to believe. Sometimes a bit of research would show that unpopular policies and practices have been around for decades, and no party has addressed them to most people's satisfaction up to now.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Thu May 25, 2017 10:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Nhs no
Workers rights no
Food banks yes
Increased poverty yes
Look after everybody no
Zero hour contracts yes

Was'nt going to say anything about his other points. If he had researched things, he would have spotted which party was in power when food banks increased by 20 times. However, I am not naive enough to blame this entirely on the ruling party at that time as similar increases were seen across most of Europe where people are prepared to be charitable. Zero hour contracts have been around for so long, even Tony Blair had promised to get rid of them. However, they are still here. People only believe what they want to believe. Sometimes a bit of research would show that unpopular policies and practices have been around for decades, and no party has addressed them to most people's satisfaction up to now.

The tourism industry would be in a total mess if it wasn't for zero hour contracts.
Cardiffcitymad

Postby dogfound » Thu May 25, 2017 10:42 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Nhs no
Workers rights no
Food banks yes
Increased poverty yes
Look after everybody no
Zero hour contracts yes

its the same things repeated over and over . how much truth is in these lists doesnt matter to them .
the best by far is look after their own { the rich } but not everybody else. how on earth can a party win an election if this were true. are there really that many rich people.?
but the workers rights is almost as bad. Labour governments do very little to reverse what joe {labour voter} bloggs sees as a huge injustice..how,why ?
dogfound

Postby Sven » Thu May 25, 2017 10:56 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Nhs no
Workers rights no
Food banks yes
Increased poverty yes
Look after everybody no
Zero hour contracts yes

The tourism industry would be in a total mess if it wasn't for zero hour contracts.

Broadly, I'm not in favour of 'Zero hour Contracts' but I agree that there are situations where they can help support certain areas of the business community. Equally, there are times where these contracts can suit the employee too, although the more unscrupulous employer will often 'threaten' an employee with 'less or no more work' for exercising their equal right to select their hours in the same way as the employer often does ;)

Seen it happen and seen the results when the employees walk out as a unit because the boss is so one-sided :|
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat