' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Poll Who you voting for in the general election

Con
38%
Lab
42%
Lib
3%
UKIP
3%
Plaid
9%
Green
1%
Snp
0%
Bnp
No votes
Nat front
2%
Other
2%

Total votes : 278

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby ffs » Fri May 26, 2017 9:39 am

I normally vote Plaid, but the obvious choice in this election is Labour, purely to stop the Tories continuing to turn UK into a 3rd World country.
ffs

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby glas » Fri May 26, 2017 9:44 am

ffs wrote:I normally vote Plaid, but the obvious choice in this election is Labour, purely to stop the Tories continuing to turn UK into a 3rd World country.

Do you know what a 3rd world country is?
Can you name a 3rd world country?
How many 3rd world countries have you been to?

I expect that is beyond your research/knowledge ability
glas

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri May 26, 2017 10:11 am

ffs wrote:I normally vote Plaid, but the obvious choice in this election is Labour, purely to stop the Tories continuing to turn UK into a 3rd World country.

Try visiting places like Honduras. I was there not so long back and I can assure you no British government is capable of turning us into a third world country. People keep talking about the likes of food banks etc., as if that is some sort of new phenomenon created by the current government. As I said on a previous post, Tony Blair said he would like to see them not being needed, and this was when he was our PM. Food banks increased by 20 fold under Labour, but the average person would not say Labour were the only cause of that, because whoever was in would'nt have made much difference. Nothing much has changed other than it seems Labour supporters seem to think the only reason we have food banks is because of the present government, and ignore what happened under previous governments.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Dave67 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Food banks increased by 20 fold under Labour

This looks either wrong or misleading - could you quote your source please.

The only stats I could find are from the New Statesman below.

The New Statesman wrote:In recent years both the number of food banks and the numbers of people who use them have risen exponentially. Between April 2008 and March 2009 Trussell Trust food banks handed out 25,899 parcels. In the corresponding period in 2010-11, covering the time of the last general election, it gave out 128,697. By last financial year (2013-14), that figure had grown nearly eightfold to almost a million parcels. This year the figure is likely to be higher still: 492,741 parcels were given out between April and September 2014, an increase of 38 per cent over the same period in 2013.
Dave67

Postby Dave67 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:51 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:If Labour get into parliament, the Welsh Government will roughly get the same money as they will get under the Tory Party as the treasury will continue to use the Barnett Formula. In 5 years time we will still be complaining about our public services, and will then vote Labour in again to run them.

sorry but you seem to be referring to statistics that are misleading or untrue again.

London School of Economics Report

LSE wrote:Between 1997 and 2008 health expenditure in cash terms more than doubled from £55.1 billion to £125.4 billion. Expenditure on health care per capita increased from £231 in 1980 to £1,168 in 2000, and by 2008 it was £1,852

Waiting lists have halved and people wait less time for treatment. The 1.3 million people on NHS waiting lists in 1998 fell to under 600,000 in 2008. Median average waiting times for elective treatment (e.g. hip replacements, heart surgery) fell from 12.7 weeks in 2002 to 4.3 weeks in 2010. There is also evidence that, for example, stroke care improved between 2000 and 2009, with a 25% improvement in mortality rates following admission to hospital.
Dave67

Postby dogfound » Sat May 27, 2017 1:55 am

Dave67 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:If Labour get into parliament, the Welsh Government will roughly get the same money as they will get under the Tory Party as the treasury will continue to use the Barnett Formula. In 5 years time we will still be complaining about our public services, and will then vote Labour in again to run them.

sorry but you seem to be referring to statistics that are misleading or untrue again.

LSE wrote:Between 1997 and 2008 health expenditure in cash terms more than doubled from £55.1 billion to £125.4 billion. Expenditure on health care per capita increased from £231 in 1980 to £1,168 in 2000, and by 2008 it was £1,852

Waiting lists have halved and people wait less time for treatment. The 1.3 million people on NHS waiting lists in 1998 fell to under 600,000 in 2008. Median average waiting times for elective treatment (e.g. hip replacements, heart surgery) fell from 12.7 weeks in 2002 to 4.3 weeks in 2010. There is also evidence that, for example, stroke care improved between 2000 and 2009, with a 25% improvement in mortality rates following admission to hospital.

in a nutshell are you saying the barnet formula doesnt exist.
or that people wont complain no matter how much is thrown in.
because those were the points the fella made.
NOT what improvements there have been,because just read through the politics threads pple complain.....
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Sat May 27, 2017 2:11 am

Dave67 wrote:

in the early 2000s there were either very few food banks or none at all. so the 20 times could well be correct {but from a low starting point in all fairness } as for the numbers now its pretty obvious the more food banks open..the more parcels will be given out.? does that mean when a new food bank opens that its only recently there was need for it in that area or that many people who would have benefited from one 10 years ago had to go without .?
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat May 27, 2017 6:36 am

dogfound wrote:
Dave67 wrote:

in the early 2000s there were either very few food banks or none at all. so the 20 times could well be correct {but from a low starting point in all fairness } as for the numbers now its pretty obvious the more food banks open..the more parcels will be given out.? does that mean when a new food bank opens that its only recently there was need for it in that area or that many people who would have benefited from one 10 years ago had to go without .?

I have copied & pasted the following which may explain why food banks are being used on a more regular basisin the UK, and not just in this country but worldwide.

Though Foodbanks were rarely seen in the UK in the second half of the 20th century, their use has started to grow, especially in the 2000s, and have since dramatically expanded. The increase in the dependency on food banks has been blamed on the growing unemployment in the UK as well as the 2008 recession. The OECD found that people answering yes to the question ‘Have there been times in the past 12 months when you did not have enough money to buy food that you or your family needed?’ decreased from 9.8% in 2007 to 8.1% in 2012,[37] leading some to say that the rise was due to both more awareness of food banks, and the government allowing Jobcentres to refer people to food banks when they were hungry (the previous Labour government had not allowed this).[38]
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat May 27, 2017 8:01 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Dave67 wrote:

I have copied & pasted the following which may explain why food banks are being used on a more regular basisin the UK, and not just in this country but worldwide.

Though Foodbanks were rarely seen in the UK in the second half of the 20th century, their use has started to grow, especially in the 2000s, and have since dramatically expanded. The increase in the dependency on food banks has been blamed on the growing unemployment in the UK as well as the 2008 recession. The OECD found that people answering yes to the question ‘Have there been times in the past 12 months when you did not have enough money to buy food that you or your family needed?’ decreased from 9.8% in 2007 to 8.1% in 2012,[37] leading some to say that the rise was due to both more awareness of food banks, and the government allowing Jobcentres to refer people to food banks when they were hungry (the previous Labour government had not allowed this).[38]

OK,so that's alright then,carry on Mrs May a great Tory growth industry.I know people who volunteer to work in food banks and they say there're busier than ever and you would be surprised at the types that come in.I'd rather believe them than some cleverly crafted bullshit designed so that the Tories can say the use is coming down.Its also worth noting that all previous governments didn't allow jobcentres to refer you to foodbanks,not just Labour.The reason for this is in the title of the agency(jobcentre)but these days they have to make up for the fact the funding cuts the Citizens Advice Bureau have had to endure has impacted their ability to advise the most needy.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Krutches » Sat May 27, 2017 9:40 am

Labour
Krutches

Postby Dave67 » Sat May 27, 2017 12:13 pm

dogfound wrote:in a nutshell are you saying the barnet formula doesnt exist.
or that people wont complain no matter how much is thrown in.
because those were the points the fella made.
NOT what improvements there have been,because just read through the politics threads pple complain.....

His opening sentence was...
SteveZodiac wrote:We will continue complaining about public services in Wales, we will complain about our NHS. ambulance service etc.
If Labour get into parliament, the Welsh Government will roughly get the same money as they will get under the Tory Party as the treasury will continue to use the Barnett Formula. In 5 years time we will still be complaining about our public services, and will then vote Labour in again to run them.,

I was merely pointing out the Improvements made when the last Labour Govt doubled expenditure on the NHS.

LSE wrote:Waiting lists have halved and people wait less time for treatment. The 1.3 million people on NHS waiting lists in 1998 fell to under 600,000 in 2008. Median average waiting times for elective treatment (e.g. hip replacements, heart surgery) fell from 12.7 weeks in 2002 to 4.3 weeks in 2010. There is also evidence that, for example, stroke care improved between 2000 and 2009, with a 25% improvement in mortality rates following admission to hospital.

The Barnet Formula merely dictates the ratio of split of public spending between the devolved assemblies. It DOES NOT dictate the amount.

SteveZodiac wrote:the Welsh Government will roughly get the same money as they will get under the Tory Party as the treasury will continue to use the Barnett Formula

This assumes that The Tory party would allocate roughly the same public spending as the Labour Party. That is why the statement can charitably be described as misleading
Dave67

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 27, 2017 12:17 pm

We have had 30 new posters sign up in the last week Hmmmmm?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby shinyBlueGlue » Sat May 27, 2017 1:41 pm

If Corbyn got in, This country is finished.. he don't live in the real world.

I hate all politicians, they are useless... so here are my policies

1. If 2 people are working in a household, they will be better off than a household that has no one working
2. If you have worked more than 5 years and are made redundant, we will look after you fully for 6 months.. after 6 months we reduce you down to normal amount of benefits for a further 6 months, after that food stamps.
3. Keep our armed forces until there is world peace that is unlikely, but as we dont live in La La Land we need a strong armed forces.
4. Stop the tv licence and allow BBC to advertise
5. Stop energy companies ripping off customers
6. Put effort into alternative energy so we are not reliant on oil
7. Train fares to be reduced even if we have to take back under government control
8. 4 day week, allowing people to spend more time with their families and putting money back into the economy with their free time
9. Remove Swansea from Wales and move to a small island near a volcano
10. Fix the NHS
City Till I Die
shinyBlueGlue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat May 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We have had 30 new posters sign up in the last week Hmmmmm?

That's the reason that while I enjoy the discussions on this thread, I take absolutely no notice in the actual poll figure. In fact,although I would never vote for Corbyn, Abbott & Co., I think if the figure on here were a true reflection on how Wales will vote, I would imagine Labour would be well ahead on this poll. They have been in charge at Cardiff Bay for 20 years, and it would'nt surprise me if they stay for another 20 years. I am sure plenty have joined just to put a tick in one of the boxes.
Steve Zodiak

Postby bluevolcano » Sat May 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Labour
bluevolcano

Postby Who are you » Sat May 27, 2017 7:58 pm

During miners strike Maggie tried to starve the miners back to work,unfortunately due to trade union members and working class people due to their generosity this was not allowed to happen due to food being collected and then distributed to the striking miners and their families.
People must not forget the increase in foodbanks is creating a similar type scenario in this country nowadays and butfor generosity of the public people would be really struggling. For Alun Cairns to say on tv debate the other day day that foodbanks are bringing communities together,(he supports his local foodbanks) the man is deluded and typifies typical Tory values,rich get richer and the poor get poorer
Who are you

Postby ffs » Sat May 27, 2017 8:13 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:If Corbyn got in, This country is finished.. he don't live in the real world.

1. If 2 people are working in a household, they will be better off than a household that has no one working
2. If you have worked more than 5 years and are made redundant, we will look after you fully for 6 months.. after 6 months we reduce you down to normal amount of benefits for a further 6 months, after that food stamps.
3. Keep our armed forces until there is world peace that is unlikely, but as we dont live in La La Land we need a strong armed forces.
7. Train fares to be reduced even if we have to take back under government control
8. 4 day week, allowing people to spend more time with their families and putting money back into the economy with their free time
10. Fix the NHS

You hate Corbyn but the majority of the things you want align perfectly with what Corbyn campaigns for :lol:
ffs

Postby shinyBlueGlue » Sat May 27, 2017 9:32 pm

ffs wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:If Corbyn got in, This country is finished.. he don't live in the real world.

10. Fix the NHS

You hate Corbyn but the majority of the things you want align perfectly with what Corbyn campaigns for :lol:

You are right.. . Not everything he daydreams about is mental.

But when he talks about open borders and getting rid of our deterrent and negotiating with Isis, Then he is in dream land and a risk to our security
City Till I Die
shinyBlueGlue

Postby wez1927 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:58 pm

How to wreck a country corbyn style
Attachments
FB_IMG_1495925699261.jpg
FB_IMG_1495925699261.jpg (35.63 KiB) Viewed 5588 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby alfie sherwood » Sun May 28, 2017 11:59 am

shinyBlueGlue wrote:
ffs wrote:

10. Fix the NHS

But when he talks about open borders and getting rid of our deterrent and negotiating with Isis, Then he is in dream land and a risk to our security

Unless we've listened to (very) different interviews with Corbyn - not what some of the conservative/establishment media spin his answers as - but actually with the man himself, he's gone on the record this week as saying 1) immigration needs to be sensibly managed and British people need to be properly trained to fill the job vacancies so we won't need people to come and work here from overseas. 2) he's made it clear that although he's personally opposed to Trident, Labour conference has voted to renew it so that is Labour's policy 3) he also made it clear and has repated it many times that you cannot talk or negotiate with ISIS.

Let's separate out the actual words of the man himself with the views of the press barons, the wealthy elite and establishment figures who most certainly do have everything to fear from a Corbyn led government. Ever wondered why they are doing everything they can to keep him out? Ask yourself whether they're on your side or not..
alfie sherwood

Postby alfie sherwood » Sun May 28, 2017 12:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:How to wreck a country corbyn style

:lol: :lol: :lol:
alfie sherwood

Postby Elwood Blues » Sun May 28, 2017 12:37 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:
ffs wrote:

10. Fix the NHS

Unless we've listened to (very) different interviews with Corbyn - not what some of the conservative/establishment media spin his answers as - but actually with the man himself, he's gone on the record this week as saying 1) immigration needs to be sensibly managed and British people need to be properly trained to fill the job vacancies so we won't need people to come and work here from overseas. 2) he's made it clear that although he's personally opposed to Trident, Labour conference has voted to renew it so that is Labour's policy 3) he also made it clear and has repated it many times that you cannot talk or negotiate with ISIS.

Let's separate out the actual words of the man himself with the views of the press barons, the wealthy elite and establishment figures who most certainly do have everything to fear from a Corbyn led government. Ever wondered why they are doing everything they can to keep him out? Ask yourself whether they're on your side or not..

I can agree with you Alfie that the press barons and wealthy elite are for the most porart on their own side and not yours or mine.

But I don't want him in because I don't like or trust him or his potential chancellor and home secretary. (or foreign secretary come to that)

If he gets in now it will be because the conservatives have made such a mess of their campaign and not because he is a good leader.
Elwood Blues

Postby dogfound » Sun May 28, 2017 12:48 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:
ffs wrote:

10. Fix the NHS

Let's separate out the actual words of the man himself with the views of the press barons, the wealthy elite and establishment figures who most certainly do have everything to fear from a Corbyn led government. Ever wondered why they are doing everything they can to keep him out? Ask yourself whether they're on your side or not..[/quot

wonder?..not much to wonder about if your proud of your country. want it defended properly. and dont much like children being killed and see a need for things like the prevention of terrorism act.
ever wondered why 174 labour MPs voted no confidence in him...these pple know him, work with him.
hasnt a little bell gone off...or in fact a fck off big siren..try wondering why the no confidence from his own MPS FIRST.
dogfound

Postby alfie sherwood » Sun May 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:
ffs wrote:

10. Fix the NHS

I can agree with you Alfie that the press barons and wealthy elite are for the most porart on their own side and not yours or mine.

But I don't want him in because I don't like or trust him or his potential chancellor and home secretary. (or foreign secretary come to that)

If he gets in now it will be because the conservatives have made such a mess of their campaign and not because he is a good leader.

Elwood - I don't particularly rate Corbyn or McDonnell and I can't bloody stand Diane Abbott but, in all honesty, I have similar negative feelings about painfully weak Theresa May and the likes of Liam Fox and that buffoon Michael Fallon.

Neither am I any kind of socialist. I'll be voting Labour because the prospect of a Tory government with a large majority horrifies me. I fear for the NHS, social care and education all of which are crumbling under the Tories. I want my kids to have the same sort of job and life opportunities and health care that I and my parents enjoyed. 5 more years of the Tories and I fear they will be a distant memory. If I felt the Liberals or Plaid could stop the Tories in my consiturnvy I'd vote for them! :thumbright:
alfie sherwood

Postby alfie sherwood » Sun May 28, 2017 1:06 pm

dogfound wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:
ffs wrote:

10. Fix the NHS

Let's separate out the actual words of the man himself with the views of the press barons, the wealthy elite and establishment figures who most certainly do have everything to fear from a Corbyn led government. Ever wondered why they are doing everything they can to keep him out? Ask yourself whether they're on your side or not..[/quot

wonder?..not much to wonder about if your proud of your country. want it defended properly. and dont much like children being killed and see a need for things like the prevention of terrorism act.
ever wondered why 174 labour MPs voted no confidence in him...these pple know him, work with him.
hasnt a little bell gone off...or in fact a fck off big siren..try wondering why the no confidence from his own MPS FIRST.

I refer you back to my original point about not believing everything you read in the press..

As for the Labour MPs that revolted against him, lets be fair most of them came through the ranks during the Blair years and most have more in common with the kind of policies espoused at the time by David Cameron and George Osbourne. They were scarely going to be supportive of a guy leading Labour away from Thatcherite economics and neoconservative foreign policies.
alfie sherwood

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun May 28, 2017 1:07 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:
ffs wrote:

10. Fix the NHS

Elwood - I don't particularly rate Corbyn or McDonnell and I can't bloody stand Diane Abbott but, in all honesty, I have similar negative feelings about painfully weak Theresa May and the likes of Liam Fox and that buffoon Michael Fallon.

Neither am I any kind of socialist. I'll be voting Labour because the prospect of a Tory government with a large majority horrifies me. I fear for the NHS, social care and education all of which are crumbling under the Tories. I want my kids to have the same sort of job and life opportunities and health care that I and my parents enjoyed. 5 more years of the Tories and I fear they will be a distant memory. If I felt the Liberals or Plaid could stop the Tories in my consiturnvy I'd vote for them! :thumbright:

Our choices are not exactly great, but what horrifies me most is the thought of our national security, the safety of UK citizens in Diane Abbott's hands. I would'nt trust her to run an ice cream van, but to be home secretary must be some kind of a joke.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Sun May 28, 2017 2:22 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
dogfound wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:
ffs wrote:

10. Fix the NHS

I refer you back to my original point about not believing everything you read in the press..

As for the Labour MPs that revolted against him, lets be fair most of them came through the ranks during the Blair years and most have more in common with the kind of policies espoused at the time by David Cameron and George Osbourne. They were scarely going to be supportive of a guy leading Labour away from Thatcherite economics and neoconservative foreign policies.

you mean those people voted in by ordinary people.. just ignore them?.ignore democracy ?
as for the press ..yes they spin..BUT if anything the attack on corbyn has been mild and all vey truthful..if lies they would be exposed as lies in great detail not just this cheap shot time and time again.
as with ALL corbynites...shout racist..shout wooden..shout dont believe the media. ..if thats not spin what is.?
do the bbc have corbyn impersonators because 90% of what the press print is THE MAN HIMSELF BEING A CRASS OUT OF TOUCH LOONEY on TV and Radio.......
has he opposed every single anti terrorism bill.?
has he only now {desperate for votes.} condemned the IRAs murdering after 30 odd years of flat out refusing too.
or am i reading to many papers..
dogfound

Postby Jonty106 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:30 pm

This site has been infiltrated by MOMENTUM or its supporters. They have infested Social Media and News (and now sports) Forums like a festering plague. They will insult their opponents and shout you down. They want Tory's to vote UKIP and for the UKipppers not to vote Tory. They will spread the uncosted bribes and lies of Corbyn and his puppet masters. They are anti-British and apologists for UN recognised terrorist organisations. It is shameful that this country may actually make Marxist Corbyn our Prime Minister. Rant over.
Jonty106

Postby Elwood Blues » Sun May 28, 2017 2:50 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:
ffs wrote:

10. Fix the NHS

Alfie

I don't think May is painfully week, but she does have weaknesses as show in the social care debacle.

I agree with you on Fox and particularly Fallon ( how on earth did he get past junoir ministerial rank!!).

While I have voted Tory in the last two elections I am not blind to their faults and it was very much a case 71of lesser of two evils plus I tbough Cameron would be a better PM than either Brown or Milleband. His performance since 2015 was pretty woeful.though.

Labours manifesto looks good on paper but as Bill Shankly once said " You don't play football on paper". For football read politics and I think they may well find they have bitten off more than they can chew.

If the Tories can have a sensible re think on social care in the promised green paper, this could well have a knock on effect on the NHS if they can improve the link between health and social care.

I'm probably expecting too much though.
Elwood Blues

Postby dogfound » Sun May 28, 2017 3:23 pm

Jonty106 wrote:This site has been infiltrated by MOMENTUM or its supporters. They have infested Social Media and News (and now sports) Forums like a festering plague. They will insult their opponents and shout you down. They want Tory's to vote UKIP and for the UKipppers not to vote Tory. They will spread the uncosted bribes and lies of Corbyn and his puppet masters. They are anti-British and apologists for UN recognised terrorist organisations. It is shameful that this country may actually make Marxist Corbyn our Prime Minister. Rant over.

agree and cant get my head around anyone let alone this many being prepared to overlook Corbyns record on terrorism.. or in fact Diane { every defeat of the british state is a victory for all of us } Abbotts racism towards { her own people ? }
dogfound

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat