' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Poll Who you voting for in the general election

Con
106
38%
Lab
117
42%
Lib
7
3%
UKIP
9
3%
Plaid
25
9%
Green
2
1%
Snp
1
0%
Bnp
0
No votes
Nat front
5
2%
Other
5
2%
 
Total votes : 277

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby iaveadream22 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:17 pm

No real alternative to the Tories... Labour sadly no opposition...
iaveadream22
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby petesmeat » Tue May 16, 2017 4:22 pm

iaveadream22 wrote:No real alternative to the Tories... Labour sadly no opposition...


You don't have to vote Tory just because Labour aren't much cop. Labour's manifesto isn't bad, he's rubbish but so is May.
petesmeat
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:02 am

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby shinyBlueGlue » Tue May 16, 2017 4:59 pm

All politicians are full of it... no one lives up to anything. However, Labour are finished under Corbyn.
He is useless and don't understand that the armed forces protect him and his family. God help us if there was ever another Hitler with him in charge.

We need to sort out Brexit with some common sense and only the Cons party can do this.

Maybe if the next election we get a decent labour leader who don't live in the clouds, may go back to them.

And f**k Plaid... useless fucked... independence at any cost when we would struggles as a country. The UK is tiny and need each other
City Till I Die
User avatar
shinyBlueGlue
 
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 pm
Location: Llanrumney, Cardiff

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby wez1927 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:03 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:All politicians are full of it... no one lives up to anything. However, Labour are finished under Corbyn.
He is useless and don't understand that the armed forces protect him and his family. God help us if there was ever another Hitler with him in charge.

We need to sort out Brexit with some common sense and only the Cons party can do this.

Maybe if the next election we get a decent labour leader who don't live in the clouds, may go back to them.

And f**k Plaid... useless fucked... independence at any cost when we would struggles as a country. The UK is tiny and need each other

Agree with you ,l9ads of these looney lefties worship corbyn and turn a blind eye to his terroisr connections
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby Elwood Blues » Tue May 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Reza wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Reza wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Reza wrote:
darran1927 wrote:Don't know who I m voting for yet but to me at first glance Labours figures don't add up , what he promises sounds great free school meals , free tution fees , more police etc but don't get how he is in planning on paying for all this , something has got to give somewhere ,



thats where your wrong bud the numbers do add up they actually left themselves with 3.9m as a fall back

Prove it then ? they dont add up they want to borrow 500 billion extra on top to fund tbere policies over tbe next 5 years ,what happens when tbe big companies pull out of britain fir being over taxed compared to over countries who pays then ? The working man will pay, the likes of you and me



https://medium.com/mosquito-ridge/saving-britain-by-taxing-the-rich-1-655c23bb5fd4

i knew id find it in the end

Its a blog :lol:



its a reporter explaining but hey that cant be right it doesnt stick up for your pathetic fascist views bellend!!!


Paul Mason is a left wing journalist.

He is a bit biased in the same way a daily mail journalist would tend to be biased to Tory policies.
Elwood Blues
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:42 am

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby dogfound » Tue May 16, 2017 9:02 pm

6blubirds wrote:Tells me a hell of a lot about a person who tries to justify animal cruelty, i.e. Fox hunting, and on that basis without looking any further, Theresa May will not get my vote!



:lol:
dogfound
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue May 16, 2017 9:13 pm

dogfound wrote:
6blubirds wrote:Tells me a hell of a lot about a person who tries to justify animal cruelty, i.e. Fox hunting, and on that basis without looking any further, Theresa May will not get my vote!



:lol:

Have to say foxes won't be top of my list when I cast my vote. May be mistaken, but while I may be against it, I'm afraid I honestly believe there are more pressing things in this world than foxes.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby george____t » Tue May 16, 2017 10:57 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:All politicians are full of it... no one lives up to anything. However, Labour are finished under Corbyn.
He is useless and don't understand that the armed forces protect him and his family. God help us if there was ever another Hitler with him in charge.

We need to sort out Brexit with some common sense and only the Cons party can do this.

Maybe if the next election we get a decent labour leader who don't live in the clouds, may go back to them.

And f**k Plaid... useless fucked... independence at any cost when we would struggles as a country. The UK is tiny and need each other


Bit about the armed forces and Hitler just isn't true. There is basically zero chance of the UK or any other NATO country being invaded, so the purpose of our army is solely to meddle in international affairs in places like the Middle East, where our track record isn't exactly great.

Also, Labour has a clearer and more nuanced policy towards Brexit (including ensuring that it will happen) than the Tories do. Corbyn is actually far more anti-EU than May in principle, but Labour just doesn't want us severing all ties with Europe in the way the Cons want to.
:bluescarf:
george____t
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:17 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby dogfound » Tue May 16, 2017 11:18 pm

george____t wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:All politicians are full of it... no one lives up to anything. However, Labour are finished under Corbyn.
He is useless and don't understand that the armed forces protect him and his family. God help us if there was ever another Hitler with him in charge.

We need to sort out Brexit with some common sense and only the Cons party can do this.

Maybe if the next election we get a decent labour leader who don't live in the clouds, may go back to them.

And f**k Plaid... useless fucked... independence at any cost when we would struggles as a country. The UK is tiny and need each other


Bit about the armed forces and Hitler just isn't true. There is basically zero chance of the UK or any other NATO country being invaded, so the purpose of our army is solely to meddle in international affairs in places like the Middle East, where our track record isn't exactly great.

Also, Labour has a clearer and more nuanced policy towards Brexit (including ensuring that it will happen) than the Tories do. Corbyn is actually far more anti-EU than May in principle, but Labour just doesn't want us severing all ties with Europe in the way the Cons want to.
:bluescarf:



correct as things stand no chance of war in europe. so why move the goalposts. every major country in the world without nukes,wants nukes.its not to attack people with {well at least most dont } they are a deterrent. almost every world leader recognises this. jeremy doesnt. he always knows better than everyone.
and the thing about Hitler is crystal clear. he doesnt agree with war full stop. under any circumstance.
and yes he is far more anti EU than TM which means she wants trade links too. just isnt prepared to show all her cards and then have a full blown debate in parliament point by point prior to negotiations. you only have to have bought a car to grasp how it works you dont turn up waving wads of notes telling the seller its your dream car .
dogfound
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby dogfound » Tue May 16, 2017 11:25 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
6blubirds wrote:Tells me a hell of a lot about a person who tries to justify animal cruelty, i.e. Fox hunting, and on that basis without looking any further, Theresa May will not get my vote!



:lol:

Have to say foxes won't be top of my list when I cast my vote. May be mistaken, but while I may be against it, I'm afraid I honestly believe there are more pressing things in this world than foxes.



i dont see a need for a return to fox hunting either. but the post tickled me.
and i supose to some it really does come down to a few hundred foxes not being killed cruelly.
dogfound
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed May 17, 2017 5:45 am

I think you know Labour have a bit of work to do when they can't top a poll on a Welsh football forum. When this thread first appeared I would have put money on Labour getting at least 70% of the votes. This is Wales after all.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Dave67 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 am

Secretary of State for Wales John Redwood. What the Tories think of Wales...


Dave67
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby Dave67 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:28 am

wez1927 wrote:Agree with you ,l9ads of these looney lefties worship corbyn and turn a blind eye to his terroisr connections


I guess they are much more concerned with education and teaching our children how to spell correctly.
Dave67
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed May 17, 2017 6:31 am

Dave67 wrote:Secretary of State for Wales John Redwood. What the Tories think of Wales...



Made him look a right wally. He would have been better off keeping his mouth closed. He is English after all, and apart from his time as Secretary of state for Wales has had no links to this country at all. Not sure why somebody who could'nt sing the anthem many years ago would be relevant to this election. I doubt if the Conservatives will lose much sleep over that.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby dogfound » Wed May 17, 2017 8:45 am

Dave67 wrote:Secretary of State for Wales John Redwood. What the Tories think of Wales...





bit desperate there fella.
especially when comrade Corbyn refuses point blank to sing his national anthem.
yeah i know he dont like the queen and he gave it large to his poncy dinner guests in 1963 that he would never sing it.
but it is the national anthem ffs. and he is trying to be PM.
dogfound
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby angelis1949 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 am

I wonder if the extreme left on here are voting more than once something their prone to do of course
angelis1949
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 am

angelis1949 wrote:I wonder if the extreme left on here are voting more than once something their prone to do of course
Funny that,I was thinking how many of the known multi's on here will have voted Tory.
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby angelis1949 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I wonder if the extreme left on here are voting more than once something their prone to do of course
Funny that,I was thinking how many of the known multi's on here will have voted Tory.

Tell me how many times did you vote in this poll,be careful how you answer this question
angelis1949
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby shinyBlueGlue » Wed May 17, 2017 1:32 pm

george____t wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:All politicians are full of it... no one lives up to anything. However, Labour are finished under Corbyn.
He is useless and don't understand that the armed forces protect him and his family. God help us if there was ever another Hitler with him in charge.

We need to sort out Brexit with some common sense and only the Cons party can do this.

Maybe if the next election we get a decent labour leader who don't live in the clouds, may go back to them.

And f**k Plaid... useless fucked... independence at any cost when we would struggles as a country. The UK is tiny and need each other


Bit about the armed forces and Hitler just isn't true. There is basically zero chance of the UK or any other NATO country being invaded, so the purpose of our army is solely to meddle in international affairs in places like the Middle East, where our track record isn't exactly great.

Also, Labour has a clearer and more nuanced policy towards Brexit (including ensuring that it will happen) than the Tories do. Corbyn is actually far more anti-EU than May in principle, but Labour just doesn't want us severing all ties with Europe in the way the Cons want to.
:bluescarf:


Ok so then why does China and Russia have nuclear weapons?
You say the part about Hitler is not true? Do you know what the future holds ?

What would stop China or Russia getting up to no good of they had nuclear weapons and we didn't ? Or would we expect th U S to save the day
City Till I Die
User avatar
shinyBlueGlue
 
Posts: 1377
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 pm
Location: Llanrumney, Cardiff

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Jonty106 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:44 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I wonder if the extreme left on here are voting more than once something their prone to do of course
Funny that,I was thinking how many of the known multi's on here will have voted Tory.

Tell me how many times did you vote in this poll,be careful how you answer this question


I know I'm a bit sad but I think if you look at the trend then the Labour "catch up" on the poll is suspicious. I am uncertain how people could vote twice as surely they are only allowed one domain name and the date of joining the forum is, I assume, accurate. More likely is that the Corbyn drones have got in touch with their Corbyn drone mates to rapidly join in!
Jonty106
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:20 am

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby faithless » Wed May 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Tories because I voted brexit
faithless
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed May 17, 2017 2:01 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I wonder if the extreme left on here are voting more than once something their prone to do of course
Funny that,I was thinking how many of the known multi's on here will have voted Tory.

Tell me how many times did you vote in this poll,be careful how you answer this question


Once is the answer as only have 1 I.D.on here.Why should I be careful?
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed May 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Jonty106 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I wonder if the extreme left on here are voting more than once something their prone to do of course
Funny that,I was thinking how many of the known multi's on here will have voted Tory.

Tell me how many times did you vote in this poll,be careful how you answer this question


I know I'm a bit sad but I think if you look at the trend then the Labour "catch up" on the poll is suspicious. I am uncertain how people could vote twice as surely they are only allowed one domain name and the date of joining the forum is, I assume, accurate. More likely is that the Corbyn drones have got in touch with their Corbyn drone mates to rapidly join in!

I don't think a poll of a couple of hundred people on Welsh football forum would necessarily reflect the view of the general public, and I would have thought Labour would come out well in front here in Wales, particularly as lot of City fans are based in and around the valleys.
This poll certainly does'nt follow the national trend where nothing much has changed since the election was announced. Plenty of time yet for things to change, but it would take a brave person to bet on anything other than a big Tory victory. Got to be worth a putting a couple of quid on Labour. Can get 20/1 at the minute, has to be worth a chance in what is really a two horse race.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed May 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Although I am not a labour supporter, always thought Rhodri Morgan was a decent enough man, so sad news this evening.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby wez1927 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Although I am not a labour supporter, always thought Rhodri Morgan was a decent enough man, so sad news this evening.

I met him a couple of times nice down to earth guy better than carwyn jones
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 11066
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby splottbluebird48 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:43 pm

Such a joy to be on a site that recognises the right way
User avatar
splottbluebird48
 
Posts: 2082
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Zabier » Thu May 18, 2017 9:53 am

Right, I'm just going to post my insignificant two cents because there's a fair bit of hostility which isn't uncommon in political threads. Please take the time to read what I am about to say because hopefully it is something you can all relate to. I'm not here to name call, slate people for their views, or what not. I am here to explain why I feel the way I do but I also want to find out why others are voting the way they do. A few people's views do confuse me but that's why I want to hear more from them. Not simply slam their stance.

Throughout my life, I've been a bit of a swing voter. I've never voted Conservative but that's because their policies have never been of great benefit to me compared to the other parties. In university, I voted Liberal Democrat due to the tuition fees pledge (yes, they really fucked us there!), I've previously voted Plaid Cymru because I've felt they have been the best option locally where I lived at the time, and I'm now swaying towards Labour. Why? For the first time in my life this is a Labour that is actually offering something I feel the majority would benefit from. The criticisms the manifesto has received leaves me scratching my head. Where will the money come from? If the read the manifesto it explains that. It worries me that the same questions weren't asked when the Tories committed so many billions to Brexit, renewing Trident, and constructing a nuclear power station at Hinckley. Yes, all very important issues but are they more important than our very people and the well being of everyone around us?

Two things that really annoy me. Firstly, those that do not even turn up to vote and then moan about politics. Not turning up is the ultimate sign of disrespect to those that sacrificed so much for us to have the freedom to vote. So you don't agree with any party? Spoil your voting sheet. Not turning up is just laziness. Dress it up as you will. That's what it is. Can't make voting day? Send your vote off early. There is literally no excuse. You're disillusioned with politics that much? Run as an independent. Stop making excuses for being apathetic. It's a disease this country is suffering from.

Secondly, it's people who vote blindly. I'm not just talking people that vote a particular party. It annoys me just as much that somebody can vote Tory without reading into the manifesto and facts as it does someone voting Labour without knowing why. Do your research. Yes, it's boring as f**k. It's our responsibility as free living citizens to make an educated choice in voting for the right candidates. No, that's not being forced into it. It's not fascist. It's being responsible and grateful for the freedom we have to vote.

Anyway, that's my rant over. Here is where I want to know more. As I said, I am voting Labour so view my stance as slightly biased or influence. I've not relied on the media to get my view. I've looked at all the manifestos. No, I don't agree with all the Labour manifesto but it is arguably the most positive and progressive I have ever seen.

What puzzles me is those of you who are voting Tory when you a) say you want Brexit to be done and dusted and b) you class yourself as part of the working class. Firstly, as has been stated, Jeremy Corbyn wanted to leave the EU. The manifesto has stated it has accepted the result. Who is likely to get a better deal from Brexit? The woman who has already threatened war with Spain over Gibraltar and is at logger heads with her EU counterparts? Or the man who has an amicable nature, has expressed sympathy towards those in the EU, and is keen to work more rationally with the EU over Brexit?

As for working class people voting Tory, why? If you earn less than £25,000 a year there is no logical reason to do it from what I can see. As I said, I am willing to listen and be proved wrong. However, in my eyes, you're voting for a party that throws billions at bankers, multi-billion pound corporations, and wars in countries that have no relevance to us. Yet, they have been proven to be privatising the NHS so within 10-15 years healthcare will no longer be free, zero hour contracts are encouraged, and a general neglect towards anyone outside the top 1% is rife.

I will end by asking just one thing. Whether you're left, right, or centre. Put down the paper. Turn off the TV. We live in a country that is as manipulated by propaganda as Germany was in the early 1930s. Look how often publications have to apologise for incorrect articles or features that openly lie. Ignore the media. Find the facts for yourself. Look at all the parties. Don't believe the shit that the Daily Mail, Sun, Guardian or whoever puts out.

I know that come the election it's likely the Conservatives will win. Too many people are too lazy to do their own research. Too many people buy the "strong and stable" bull shit. Do your research and look at what Theresa May's words and actions say. She is anything but strong and stable. She's a vicar's daughter from a life of privilege on a power trip with no care for the masses she is representing and no consideration for the fall out of her actions.

Even so, if the Tories get in and it's because people voted for them after doing their research and it's a high turn out then fair enough. My vote wouldn't have gotten in but that's democracy. I voted Remain in Brexit. That didn't happen. It's done. However, I will be appalled if people blindly vote for a party without doing research or without understanding why they are voting a certain way. Yes, Jeremy Corbyn, Leanne Wood, or whoever. None of them are perfect. Does that matter? For years, people have craved genuine change in politics. It comes along in this Labour manifesto and people are too scared to believe it might actually work for the majority. The elite in charge of the media will do everything they can to slate the manifesto. Why? Because it attacks them. It damages their wealth. They do not want you to benefit from their loss. Even though you deserve it.

Come voting day, just do yourself justice and understand what you're voting for. What you're truly voting for. Are you willing to sacrifice your health, finances, and job prospects for a particular policy? Or do you want to benefit from the bigger picture? I think we live in a society that has become so used to things being as they are that people are too afraid to believe we deserve better. We do deserve better.
User avatar
Zabier
 
Posts: 8365
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby BlueGog » Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 am

Zabier wrote:Right, I'm just going to post my insignificant two cents because there's a fair bit of hostility which isn't uncommon in political threads. Please take the time to read what I am about to say because hopefully it is something you can all relate to. I'm not here to name call, slate people for their views, or what not. I am here to explain why I feel the way I do but I also want to find out why others are voting the way they do. A few people's views do confuse me but that's why I want to hear more from them. Not simply slam their stance.

Throughout my life, I've been a bit of a swing voter. I've never voted Conservative but that's because their policies have never been of great benefit to me compared to the other parties. In university, I voted Liberal Democrat due to the tuition fees pledge (yes, they really fucked us there!), I've previously voted Plaid Cymru because I've felt they have been the best option locally where I lived at the time, and I'm now swaying towards Labour. Why? For the first time in my life this is a Labour that is actually offering something I feel the majority would benefit from. The criticisms the manifesto has received leaves me scratching my head. Where will the money come from? If the read the manifesto it explains that. It worries me that the same questions weren't asked when the Tories committed so many billions to Brexit, renewing Trident, and constructing a nuclear power station at Hinckley. Yes, all very important issues but are they more important than our very people and the well being of everyone around us?

Two things that really annoy me. Firstly, those that do not even turn up to vote and then moan about politics. Not turning up is the ultimate sign of disrespect to those that sacrificed so much for us to have the freedom to vote. So you don't agree with any party? Spoil your voting sheet. Not turning up is just laziness. Dress it up as you will. That's what it is. Can't make voting day? Send your vote off early. There is literally no excuse. You're disillusioned with politics that much? Run as an independent. Stop making excuses for being apathetic. It's a disease this country is suffering from.

Secondly, it's people who vote blindly. I'm not just talking people that vote a particular party. It annoys me just as much that somebody can vote Tory without reading into the manifesto and facts as it does someone voting Labour without knowing why. Do your research. Yes, it's boring as f**k. It's our responsibility as free living citizens to make an educated choice in voting for the right candidates. No, that's not being forced into it. It's not fascist. It's being responsible and grateful for the freedom we have to vote.

Anyway, that's my rant over. Here is where I want to know more. As I said, I am voting Labour so view my stance as slightly biased or influence. I've not relied on the media to get my view. I've looked at all the manifestos. No, I don't agree with all the Labour manifesto but it is arguably the most positive and progressive I have ever seen.

What puzzles me is those of you who are voting Tory when you a) say you want Brexit to be done and dusted and b) you class yourself as part of the working class. Firstly, as has been stated, Jeremy Corbyn wanted to leave the EU. The manifesto has stated it has accepted the result. Who is likely to get a better deal from Brexit? The woman who has already threatened war with Spain over Gibraltar and is at logger heads with her EU counterparts? Or the man who has an amicable nature, has expressed sympathy towards those in the EU, and is keen to work more rationally with the EU over Brexit?

As for working class people voting Tory, why? If you earn less than £25,000 a year there is no logical reason to do it from what I can see. As I said, I am willing to listen and be proved wrong. However, in my eyes, you're voting for a party that throws billions at bankers, multi-billion pound corporations, and wars in countries that have no relevance to us. Yet, they have been proven to be privatising the NHS so within 10-15 years healthcare will no longer be free, zero hour contracts are encouraged, and a general neglect towards anyone outside the top 1% is rife.

I will end by asking just one thing. Whether you're left, right, or centre. Put down the paper. Turn off the TV. We live in a country that is as manipulated by propaganda as Germany was in the early 1930s. Look how often publications have to apologise for incorrect articles or features that openly lie. Ignore the media. Find the facts for yourself. Look at all the parties. Don't believe the shit that the Daily Mail, Sun, Guardian or whoever puts out.

I know that come the election it's likely the Conservatives will win. Too many people are too lazy to do their own research. Too many people buy the "strong and stable" bull shit. Do your research and look at what Theresa May's words and actions say. She is anything but strong and stable. She's a vicar's daughter from a life of privilege on a power trip with no care for the masses she is representing and no consideration for the fall out of her actions.

Even so, if the Tories get in and it's because people voted for them after doing their research and it's a high turn out then fair enough. My vote wouldn't have gotten in but that's democracy. I voted Remain in Brexit. That didn't happen. It's done. However, I will be appalled if people blindly vote for a party without doing research or without understanding why they are voting a certain way. Yes, Jeremy Corbyn, Leanne Wood, or whoever. None of them are perfect. Does that matter? For years, people have craved genuine change in politics. It comes along in this Labour manifesto and people are too scared to believe it might actually work for the majority. The elite in charge of the media will do everything they can to slate the manifesto. Why? Because it attacks them. It damages their wealth. They do not want you to benefit from their loss. Even though you deserve it.

Come voting day, just do yourself justice and understand what you're voting for. What you're truly voting for. Are you willing to sacrifice your health, finances, and job prospects for a particular policy? Or do you want to benefit from the bigger picture? I think we live in a society that has become so used to things being as they are that people are too afraid to believe we deserve better. We do deserve better.


Excellent post, very well said.
BlueGog
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby paulh_85 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 am

Zabier wrote:Right, I'm just going to post my insignificant two cents because there's a fair bit of hostility which isn't uncommon in political threads. Please take the time to read what I am about to say because hopefully it is something you can all relate to. I'm not here to name call, slate people for their views, or what not. I am here to explain why I feel the way I do but I also want to find out why others are voting the way they do. A few people's views do confuse me but that's why I want to hear more from them. Not simply slam their stance.

Throughout my life, I've been a bit of a swing voter. I've never voted Conservative but that's because their policies have never been of great benefit to me compared to the other parties. In university, I voted Liberal Democrat due to the tuition fees pledge (yes, they really fucked us there!), I've previously voted Plaid Cymru because I've felt they have been the best option locally where I lived at the time, and I'm now swaying towards Labour. Why? For the first time in my life this is a Labour that is actually offering something I feel the majority would benefit from. The criticisms the manifesto has received leaves me scratching my head. Where will the money come from? If the read the manifesto it explains that. It worries me that the same questions weren't asked when the Tories committed so many billions to Brexit, renewing Trident, and constructing a nuclear power station at Hinckley. Yes, all very important issues but are they more important than our very people and the well being of everyone around us?

Two things that really annoy me. Firstly, those that do not even turn up to vote and then moan about politics. Not turning up is the ultimate sign of disrespect to those that sacrificed so much for us to have the freedom to vote. So you don't agree with any party? Spoil your voting sheet. Not turning up is just laziness. Dress it up as you will. That's what it is. Can't make voting day? Send your vote off early. There is literally no excuse. You're disillusioned with politics that much? Run as an independent. Stop making excuses for being apathetic. It's a disease this country is suffering from.

Secondly, it's people who vote blindly. I'm not just talking people that vote a particular party. It annoys me just as much that somebody can vote Tory without reading into the manifesto and facts as it does someone voting Labour without knowing why. Do your research. Yes, it's boring as f**k. It's our responsibility as free living citizens to make an educated choice in voting for the right candidates. No, that's not being forced into it. It's not fascist. It's being responsible and grateful for the freedom we have to vote.

Anyway, that's my rant over. Here is where I want to know more. As I said, I am voting Labour so view my stance as slightly biased or influence. I've not relied on the media to get my view. I've looked at all the manifestos. No, I don't agree with all the Labour manifesto but it is arguably the most positive and progressive I have ever seen.

What puzzles me is those of you who are voting Tory when you a) say you want Brexit to be done and dusted and b) you class yourself as part of the working class. Firstly, as has been stated, Jeremy Corbyn wanted to leave the EU. The manifesto has stated it has accepted the result. Who is likely to get a better deal from Brexit? The woman who has already threatened war with Spain over Gibraltar and is at logger heads with her EU counterparts? Or the man who has an amicable nature, has expressed sympathy towards those in the EU, and is keen to work more rationally with the EU over Brexit?

As for working class people voting Tory, why? If you earn less than £25,000 a year there is no logical reason to do it from what I can see. As I said, I am willing to listen and be proved wrong. However, in my eyes, you're voting for a party that throws billions at bankers, multi-billion pound corporations, and wars in countries that have no relevance to us. Yet, they have been proven to be privatising the NHS so within 10-15 years healthcare will no longer be free, zero hour contracts are encouraged, and a general neglect towards anyone outside the top 1% is rife.

I will end by asking just one thing. Whether you're left, right, or centre. Put down the paper. Turn off the TV. We live in a country that is as manipulated by propaganda as Germany was in the early 1930s. Look how often publications have to apologise for incorrect articles or features that openly lie. Ignore the media. Find the facts for yourself. Look at all the parties. Don't believe the shit that the Daily Mail, Sun, Guardian or whoever puts out.

I know that come the election it's likely the Conservatives will win. Too many people are too lazy to do their own research. Too many people buy the "strong and stable" bull shit. Do your research and look at what Theresa May's words and actions say. She is anything but strong and stable. She's a vicar's daughter from a life of privilege on a power trip with no care for the masses she is representing and no consideration for the fall out of her actions.

Even so, if the Tories get in and it's because people voted for them after doing their research and it's a high turn out then fair enough. My vote wouldn't have gotten in but that's democracy. I voted Remain in Brexit. That didn't happen. It's done. However, I will be appalled if people blindly vote for a party without doing research or without understanding why they are voting a certain way. Yes, Jeremy Corbyn, Leanne Wood, or whoever. None of them are perfect. Does that matter? For years, people have craved genuine change in politics. It comes along in this Labour manifesto and people are too scared to believe it might actually work for the majority. The elite in charge of the media will do everything they can to slate the manifesto. Why? Because it attacks them. It damages their wealth. They do not want you to benefit from their loss. Even though you deserve it.

Come voting day, just do yourself justice and understand what you're voting for. What you're truly voting for. Are you willing to sacrifice your health, finances, and job prospects for a particular policy? Or do you want to benefit from the bigger picture? I think we live in a society that has become so used to things being as they are that people are too afraid to believe we deserve better. We do deserve better.




Its a nice post, and you keep talking about research but then you say things like this

However, in my eyes, you're voting for a party that throws billions at bankers, multi-billion pound corporations, and wars in countries that have no relevance to us.


Is going to war in certain countries exclusive to the tories?

And as for the Working Class voting for the tories, perhaps its because people who are on low/medium paid jobs and work damn hard for it are sick and tired of seeing scroungers, and "career mums" and people who have never worked a day in their life being given money hand over fist"

As an example, there is a small build of about 8 council flats near where i live, one of them has a brand new Audi parked outside, its reasonable that something like that angers people. I have a friend who works in the the council housing business, the number of people who cant afford rent/food but have new iphones is alarming. there is no responsibility of self anymore. People do what they like and expect the state to pick up the tab, and under labour their meal ticket will only get bigger.
User avatar
paulh_85
 
Posts: 8317
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Zabier » Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 am

BlueGog wrote:
Excellent post, very well said.


Cheers, BlueGog. Reading it back and it's a bit all over the place but hopefully I get my thoughts across! :lol:
User avatar
Zabier
 
Posts: 8365
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

PreviousNext


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: angelis1949, Baidu [Spider], Bluebird For Life, dogfound, droyal, Elwood Blues, Google [Bot], Jonsey Jones, KorovaMilkbar1927, piledriver64, salopiancity, TrueBlue99, Welshman in CA and 154 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.