' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Poll Who you voting for in the general election

Con
106
38%
Lab
117
42%
Lib
7
3%
UKIP
9
3%
Plaid
25
9%
Green
2
1%
Snp
1
0%
Bnp
0
No votes
Nat front
5
2%
Other
5
2%
 
Total votes : 277

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Zabier » Thu May 18, 2017 10:14 am

paulh_85 wrote:Its a nice post, and you keep talking about research but then you say things like this

However, in my eyes, you're voting for a party that throws billions at bankers, multi-billion pound corporations, and wars in countries that have no relevance to us.


Is going to war in certain countries exclusive to the tories?

And as for the Working Class voting for the tories, perhaps its because people who are on low/medium paid jobs and work damn hard for it are sick and tired of seeing scroungers, and "career mums" and people who have never worked a day in their life being given money hand over fist"

As an example, there is a small build of about 8 council flats near where i live, one of them has a brand new Audi parked outside, its reasonable that something like that angers people. I have a friend who works in the the council housing business, the number of people who cant afford rent/food but have new iphones is alarming. there is no responsibility of self anymore. People do what they like and expect the state to pick up the tab, and under labour their meal ticket will only get bigger.


Paul, you're right, it's not exclusive to a Tory government but it's something that I have confidence a Corbyn-led government would not make the mistake of doing. Look at his voting record on conflicts. He's always making the right call in my opinion. He's not a complete snowflake. He's admitted that there are times when military action is needed. He just understands that bombing the Middle East relentlessly is solving nothing for a start.

As for the scroungers and career mums, those issues surely pale in significance to the billions scrounged by corporations by tax dodging. Personally, I'm not a fan of either. However, in the short term, if there is a focus of attack on one of those groups then I know which ones need to be dealt with first. Get the billions in owed by tax dodgers and then we can deal with the smaller issues of benefit piss takers.

I think people are more annoyed by the scroungers because it's there in front of them. It's rubbing their face in it. They're not having to see the billions scrounged by the big businesses. So it feels less significant.

As I said, I'm not against your view. I totally think benefit scrounging is awful. It's the same dirt bags that are then moaning at hard-working immigrants "invading" us. This is what I mean about looking at the bigger picture. Solving the smaller problems of society begins by dealing with the big one that is crippling us and stopping us from evolving.
User avatar
Zabier
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Jonty106 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:29 am

ZABIER......You are clearly a panicky Left Wing Socialist and Corbyn support. Your socialist dogma is a thing of the past and we've not seen the likes of it since Michael Foot was trounced in 1983. Your attempt to portray yourself as some worldly political centrist by saying you voted Lib Dem because of tuition fees does you no favours as it smacks of a me, me, attitude. But all of this pales into insignificance when you know that a vote for Labour is a vote for Corbyn and his Marxist entourage. Corbyn and his chums are friends to the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah. They are Communists who will destroy the economy as surely as happened in the Soviet Union Empire and more recently in Venezuela under Chavez (Jeremy's hero). Now, to my knowledge I've never met you and I'm sure if I did we would agree to differ on politics and be on our way and I leave you now disappointed with your views but with no malice. Lets both just hope City are in the top 6 at least next season.
Jonty106
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:20 am

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Zabier » Thu May 18, 2017 10:41 am

Jonty106 wrote:ZABIER......You are clearly a panicky Left Wing Socialist and Corbyn support. Your socialist dogma is a thing of the past and we've not seen the likes of it since Michael Foot was trounced in 1983. Your attempt to portray yourself as some worldly political centrist by saying you voted Lib Dem because of tuition fees does you no favours as it smacks of a me, me, attitude. But all of this pales into insignificance when you know that a vote for Labour is a vote for Corbyn and his Marxist entourage. Corbyn and his chums are friends to the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah. They are Communists who will destroy the economy as surely as happened in the Soviet Union Empire and more recently in Venezuela under Chavez (Jeremy's hero). Now, to my knowledge I've never met you and I'm sure if I did we would agree to differ on politics and be on our way and I leave you now disappointed with your views but with no malice. Lets both just hope City are in the top 6 at least next season.


This is what confuses me though, Jonty. Why are labels of socialism and the such given in such a derogatory way to people who simply feel that policies that would benefit the majority of society are actually worth voting for? As you said, we've never met. Yes, we have different views but I'm sure we'd have a laugh about Cardiff games and the such. The only question I have for you is this. Do you not feel you and your family deserve more than you have right now? I'm not saying those that work hard don't deserve to live well. However, do you think it's right that people at the top earn 325 times more than you would earn? There is an unfair balance in society. It's not socialist to believe that things should be fairer than they are now.

Plus, I'm not buying this criticism of Corbyn's support for IRA, Hamas, and Hezbollah. The images of him at demonstrations come from decades ago. He has said his view towards different groups has changed in line with their actions. He's not stated support for these groups for decades. However, he has said he feels that things are not improving with constant violence and talks are the way forward. That's just common sense.

Besides, isn't it worse that we have a government (not just this Tory government but the previous Blair-led Labour government) that carelessly sells arms to Saudi Arabia when it is the Saudi royal family that has been alleged to have links with Al-Qaeda and other extremist Islamic groups? Why would we do that you ask? The power of oil is an incredibly dangerous thing.

Anyway, appreciate having a chat about this rather than slagging each other off. Interested to hear your views but I still think the minor issues are being focused on ahead of the major ones still.
User avatar
Zabier
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby grange_end1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:44 am

Corbyn changes again
Attachments
DAGlQf1UAAAid_F.jpg
DAGlQf1UAAAid_F.jpg (32.36 KiB) Viewed 296 times
grange_end1927
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby petesmeat » Thu May 18, 2017 11:17 am

grange_end1927 wrote:Corbyn changes again


Theresa May can't even eat chips. Not that it matters of course, what matters is that she's a nasty, selfish, careerist who only cares about herself and her mates. Look at this for instance.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/ju ... ening-them

She's the party for working people, as long as she means they work for her and that's about it.

Here, have a look at her voting record. It isn't pretty.
https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10426 ... head/votes

But Brexit, hey, that's all that matters. Doesn't matter that Corbyn is for it, and that May campaigned for remain, all that matters is that we get out and the Tories are the only party to deliver it.
petesmeat
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:02 am

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby CF14-SE14 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:26 am

wez1927 wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


And that Thatcher lite is a c**t, what's your point?

She was a c**t too but Thatcher was 30 years ago and corbyn is now

Thatcher lite is Theresa May, that c**t is now
BLUEBIRDS - GLEISION
User avatar
CF14-SE14
 
Posts: 1920
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 am

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby CF14-SE14 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:28 am

wez1927 wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:Who would've thought Cardiff City would have so many Tory scum in its ranks, the party that stripped South Wales of any industry and jobs with no backup plan and left us to rot, the party that sent the police to beat our relatives when they dared to strike and the party that stole and profited from selling off our utilities on the cheap. Utter cunts.

The miners strike was 30 years ago move on ffs why hasnt the pits reopened under labour when they were in power ,252 mines closed when labour was in power wheres the outcry? Lets look at our manufacturing industry that has left wales when labour was in power due to eu grants to new eu member countries ? But i forgot its all that thatchers fault isnt it :lol:


Labour actually spent money on setting up business zones and trying to bring investment, so did Europe, it may not have worked as well as it could've but they tried.
The Tories have never spent or brought investment to Wales, hence why voting for them as a Welshman is beyond retardness.
BLUEBIRDS - GLEISION
User avatar
CF14-SE14
 
Posts: 1920
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 am

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Zabier » Thu May 18, 2017 11:31 am

petesmeat wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Corbyn changes again


Theresa May can't even eat chips. Not that it matters of course, what matters is that she's a nasty, selfish, careerist who only cares about herself and her mates. Look at this for instance.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/ju ... ening-them

She's the party for working people, as long as she means they work for her and that's about it.

Here, have a look at her voting record. It isn't pretty.
https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10426 ... head/votes


But Brexit, hey, that's all that matters. Doesn't matter that Corbyn is for it, and that May campaigned for remain, all that matters is that we get out and the Tories are the only party to deliver it.


That is the exact thing people should be looking at. I honestly believe she would sell everyone's first born if it meant she could hold on to power for longer. Strong and stable though... the fact she constantly u-turns on key issues is irrelevant. It's not strong and stable. It's erratic, paranoid, and destructive. If you're voting Tory in the election in hope of getting a good Brexit deal you're going to be very disappointed. She's not that fussed about leaving and she's already fucked off most of the EU with her attitude.

I guarantee that the EU will bring us to our knees if she's the one in charge of negotiating Brexit. I would love to be proved wrong because essentially I just want a clean break that puts Britain on a solid footing. It won't happen though. We have no leverage and she's wading into discussions waving her man penis around like she's Thatcher... which is never a good look anyway. So that £64 billion Brexit divorce payment... where's the money for that coming from? Magic trees? Or are we not allowed to question where billions come from when it's the Tory government covering the cost?
User avatar
Zabier
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby BlueDredd » Thu May 18, 2017 12:06 pm

wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


It isn't hard to see you're constantly attacked on this forum Wez. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that would lead anyone to believe you're an educated adult. Honestly. Complete idiot.

Tell me why Corbyn's a scumbag? also what was he protesting against here?

I know you only seem to understand layman's terms, so I'm happy for you to answer in the simplest way you can.
JUDGEMENT TIME!
User avatar
BlueDredd
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:54 am
Location: Hall of Justice

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


It isn't hard to see you're constantly attacked on this forum Wez. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that would lead anyone to believe you're an educated adult. Honestly. Complete idiot.

Tell me why Corbyn's a scumbag? also what was he protesting against here?

I know you only seem to understand layman's terms, so I'm happy for you to answer in the simplest way you can.

:lol: I bow down to you're superior intellect compared to mine, so in layman's terms he supports terroist organisation the facts are there to see ,simple pimple :lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 10990
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby BlueDredd » Thu May 18, 2017 12:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


It isn't hard to see you're constantly attacked on this forum Wez. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that would lead anyone to believe you're an educated adult. Honestly. Complete idiot.

Tell me why Corbyn's a scumbag? also what was he protesting against here?

I know you only seem to understand layman's terms, so I'm happy for you to answer in the simplest way you can.

:lol: I bow down to you're superior intellect compared to mine, so in layman's terms he supports terroist organisation the facts are there to see ,simple pimple :lol:


Facts ey? Let's have them.
JUDGEMENT TIME!
User avatar
BlueDredd
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:54 am
Location: Hall of Justice

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby CF14-SE14 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Wez is yet to work out what facts are :lol: :lol:
BLUEBIRDS - GLEISION
User avatar
CF14-SE14
 
Posts: 1920
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 am

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:46 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:Wez is yet to work out what facts are :lol: :lol:

Been shopping :lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 10990
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:50 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


It isn't hard to see you're constantly attacked on this forum Wez. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that would lead anyone to believe you're an educated adult. Honestly. Complete idiot.

Tell me why Corbyn's a scumbag? also what was he protesting against here?

I know you only seem to understand layman's terms, so I'm happy for you to answer in the simplest way you can.

:lol: I bow down to you're superior intellect compared to mine, so in layman's terms he supports terroist organisation the facts are there to see ,simple pimple :lol:


Facts ey? Let's have them.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jere ... -gd3tnhmrt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05 ... and-hezbo/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -argentina
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 10990
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Polo. » Thu May 18, 2017 1:56 pm

wez1927 wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:Wez is yet to work out what facts are :lol: :lol:

Been shopping :lol:


Wez mate you certainly got some of the morons on here biting :laughing6:
Polo.
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 1:54 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Wayne S » Thu May 18, 2017 2:06 pm

If this poll puts Labour ahead does the website change colour from Blue to red?

What's with all the name calling amongst fellow city fans. Sad indeed.
User avatar
Wayne S
 
Posts: 7160
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:51 am

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:15 pm

Polo. wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:Wez is yet to work out what facts are :lol: :lol:

Been shopping :lol:


Wez mate you certainly got some of the morons on here biting :laughing6:

The corbyn far left are at it ,living in cuckoo land
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 10990
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Zabier wrote:Right, I'm just going to post my insignificant two cents because there's a fair bit of hostility which isn't uncommon in political threads. Please take the time to read what I am about to say because hopefully it is something you can all relate to. I'm not here to name call, slate people for their views, or what not. I am here to explain why I feel the way I do but I also want to find out why others are voting the way they do. A few people's views do confuse me but that's why I want to hear more from them. Not simply slam their stance.

Throughout my life, I've been a bit of a swing voter. I've never voted Conservative but that's because their policies have never been of great benefit to me compared to the other parties. In university, I voted Liberal Democrat due to the tuition fees pledge (yes, they really fucked us there!), I've previously voted Plaid Cymru because I've felt they have been the best option locally where I lived at the time, and I'm now swaying towards Labour. Why? For the first time in my life this is a Labour that is actually offering something I feel the majority would benefit from. The criticisms the manifesto has received leaves me scratching my head. Where will the money come from? If the read the manifesto it explains that. It worries me that the same questions weren't asked when the Tories committed so many billions to Brexit, renewing Trident, and constructing a nuclear power station at Hinckley. Yes, all very important issues but are they more important than our very people and the well being of everyone around us?

Two things that really annoy me. Firstly, those that do not even turn up to vote and then moan about politics. Not turning up is the ultimate sign of disrespect to those that sacrificed so much for us to have the freedom to vote. So you don't agree with any party? Spoil your voting sheet. Not turning up is just laziness. Dress it up as you will. That's what it is. Can't make voting day? Send your vote off early. There is literally no excuse. You're disillusioned with politics that much? Run as an independent. Stop making excuses for being apathetic. It's a disease this country is suffering from.

Secondly, it's people who vote blindly. I'm not just talking people that vote a particular party. It annoys me just as much that somebody can vote Tory without reading into the manifesto and facts as it does someone voting Labour without knowing why. Do your research. Yes, it's boring as f**k. It's our responsibility as free living citizens to make an educated choice in voting for the right candidates. No, that's not being forced into it. It's not fascist. It's being responsible and grateful for the freedom we have to vote.

Anyway, that's my rant over. Here is where I want to know more. As I said, I am voting Labour so view my stance as slightly biased or influence. I've not relied on the media to get my view. I've looked at all the manifestos. No, I don't agree with all the Labour manifesto but it is arguably the most positive and progressive I have ever seen.

What puzzles me is those of you who are voting Tory when you a) say you want Brexit to be done and dusted and b) you class yourself as part of the working class. Firstly, as has been stated, Jeremy Corbyn wanted to leave the EU. The manifesto has stated it has accepted the result. Who is likely to get a better deal from Brexit? The woman who has already threatened war with Spain over Gibraltar and is at logger heads with her EU counterparts? Or the man who has an amicable nature, has expressed sympathy towards those in the EU, and is keen to work more rationally with the EU over Brexit?

As for working class people voting Tory, why? If you earn less than £25,000 a year there is no logical reason to do it from what I can see. As I said, I am willing to listen and be proved wrong. However, in my eyes, you're voting for a party that throws billions at bankers, multi-billion pound corporations, and wars in countries that have no relevance to us. Yet, they have been proven to be privatising the NHS so within 10-15 years healthcare will no longer be free, zero hour contracts are encouraged, and a general neglect towards anyone outside the top 1% is rife.

I will end by asking just one thing. Whether you're left, right, or centre. Put down the paper. Turn off the TV. We live in a country that is as manipulated by propaganda as Germany was in the early 1930s. Look how often publications have to apologise for incorrect articles or features that openly lie. Ignore the media. Find the facts for yourself. Look at all the parties. Don't believe the shit that the Daily Mail, Sun, Guardian or whoever puts out.

I know that come the election it's likely the Conservatives will win. Too many people are too lazy to do their own research. Too many people buy the "strong and stable" bull shit. Do your research and look at what Theresa May's words and actions say. She is anything but strong and stable. She's a vicar's daughter from a life of privilege on a power trip with no care for the masses she is representing and no consideration for the fall out of her actions.

Even so, if the Tories get in and it's because people voted for them after doing their research and it's a high turn out then fair enough. My vote wouldn't have gotten in but that's democracy. I voted Remain in Brexit. That didn't happen. It's done. However, I will be appalled if people blindly vote for a party without doing research or without understanding why they are voting a certain way. Yes, Jeremy Corbyn, Leanne Wood, or whoever. None of them are perfect. Does that matter? For years, people have craved genuine change in politics. It comes along in this Labour manifesto and people are too scared to believe it might actually work for the majority. The elite in charge of the media will do everything they can to slate the manifesto. Why? Because it attacks them. It damages their wealth. They do not want you to benefit from their loss. Even though you deserve it.

Come voting day, just do yourself justice and understand what you're voting for. What you're truly voting for. Are you willing to sacrifice your health, finances, and job prospects for a particular policy? Or do you want to benefit from the bigger picture? I think we live in a society that has become so used to things being as they are that people are too afraid to believe we deserve better. We do deserve better.

Done my homework, especially the finances which is something I know a little about having been involved in banking for many years. Labour always come out with a manifesto which is always way undercosted. As far as the banking crisis is concerned, you need to a bit of homework on that, particularly the links between Gordon Brown, Lloyds Bank & HBOS.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 18, 2017 3:07 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


It isn't hard to see you're constantly attacked on this forum Wez. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that would lead anyone to believe you're an educated adult. Honestly. Complete idiot.

Tell me why Corbyn's a scumbag? also what was he protesting against here?

I know you only seem to understand layman's terms, so I'm happy for you to answer in the simplest way you can.

Love the way Wez is attacked and called an idiot for sharing the views of the majority of British people. Before having a go at him, check the polls and betting odds. Or are the majority of British people stupid, and it is only the minority who are Corbyn supporters who know what they are talking about. Even many of his own MP's don't share his views. Personally, I would'nt call a Labour voter thick, they believe in what Labour has to offer and that is fair enough. At the minute, more people including myself believe the Tory party are better for the country, but I won't lose any sleep if Labour win because I know that just the same as every election I have voted in for the last 45 years, I will not see any huge changes to my standard of living one way or the other. Wez is entitled to his views and opinions,(I don't share many of his football opinions) and if he was all for a party that was polling half a per cent like the Loony party, well perhaps he could be called slightly mad. Being with the majority suggests it may not be him who is most out of touch. Everyone is entitled to support whoever they wish, and whoever wins will not have a massive impact on the average man in the street.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


It isn't hard to see you're constantly attacked on this forum Wez. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that would lead anyone to believe you're an educated adult. Honestly. Complete idiot.

Tell me why Corbyn's a scumbag? also what was he protesting against here?

I know you only seem to understand layman's terms, so I'm happy for you to answer in the simplest way you can.

Love the way Wez is attacked and called an idiot for sharing the views of the majority of British people. Before having a go at him, check the polls and betting odds. Or are the majority of British people stupid, and it is only the minority who are Corbyn supporters who know what they are talking about. Even many of his own MP's don't share his views. Personally, I would'nt call a Labour voter thick, they believe in what Labour has to offer and that is fair enough. At the minute, more people including myself believe the Tory party are better for the country, but I won't lose any sleep if Labour win because I know that just the same as every election I have voted in for the last 45 years, I will not see any huge changes to my standard of living one way or the other. Wez is entitled to his views and opinions,(I don't share many of his football opinions) and if he was all for a party that was polling half a per cent like the Loony party, well perhaps he could be called slightly mad. Being with the majority suggests it may not be him who is most out of touch. Everyone is entitled to support whoever they wish, and whoever wins will not have a massive impact on the average man in the street.

Its a trend of the far looney left that they abuse someone for their views,gladly they are in the minority, i know ive won an debate as soon as they personally attack me,remember lefties corbyn is not the messiah hes juat a very naughty boy :lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 10990
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby BlueDredd » Thu May 18, 2017 3:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


It isn't hard to see you're constantly attacked on this forum Wez. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that would lead anyone to believe you're an educated adult. Honestly. Complete idiot.

Tell me why Corbyn's a scumbag? also what was he protesting against here?

I know you only seem to understand layman's terms, so I'm happy for you to answer in the simplest way you can.

:lol: I bow down to you're superior intellect compared to mine, so in layman's terms he supports terroist organisation the facts are there to see ,simple pimple :lol:


Facts ey? Let's have them.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jere ... -gd3tnhmrt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05 ... and-hezbo/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -argentina


Not what I asked for but okay. The first is relating to a protest for fair trial, not inciting terrorism. Between the 1970's & the 1990's, they were all at it behind closed doors. Secret meetings with the IRA. Everything Corbyn did was out in the open & honest.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk ... -wing.html

In regards to the Falklands, Corbyn's always made it clear that there should be a fair shared ownership of the Falklands, and in classic British fashion, we want it all.

Fair play to the Tories mind. They aren't the first political party through the ages to use the media to fuel propaganda.

Keep feeding on what they put down your throat mate. They base their whole campaign on idiots like you swallowing their shit.

Also, your grammar, and your spelling is awful. I'm sure you're already aware.
JUDGEMENT TIME!
User avatar
BlueDredd
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:54 am
Location: Hall of Justice

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


It isn't hard to see you're constantly attacked on this forum Wez. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that would lead anyone to believe you're an educated adult. Honestly. Complete idiot.

Tell me why Corbyn's a scumbag? also what was he protesting against here?

I know you only seem to understand layman's terms, so I'm happy for you to answer in the simplest way you can.

:lol: I bow down to you're superior intellect compared to mine, so in layman's terms he supports terroist organisation the facts are there to see ,simple pimple :lol:


Facts ey? Let's have them.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jere ... -gd3tnhmrt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05 ... and-hezbo/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -argentina


Not what I asked for but okay. The first is relating to a protest for fair trial, not inciting terrorism. Between the 1970's & the 1990's, they were all at it behind closed doors. Secret meetings with the IRA. Everything Corbyn did was out in the open & honest.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk ... -wing.html

In regards to the Falklands, Corbyn's always made it clear that there should be a fair shared ownership of the Falklands, and in classic British fashion, we want it all.

Fair play to the Tories mind. They aren't the first political party through the ages to use the media to fuel propaganda.

Keep feeding on what they put down your throat mate. They base their whole campaign on idiots like you swallowing their shit.

Also, your grammar, and your spelling is awful. I'm sure you're already aware.

You do know Argentina never ever had the Falklands?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 10990
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 18, 2017 4:05 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


It isn't hard to see you're constantly attacked on this forum Wez. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that would lead anyone to believe you're an educated adult. Honestly. Complete idiot.

Tell me why Corbyn's a scumbag? also what was he protesting against here?

I know you only seem to understand layman's terms, so I'm happy for you to answer in the simplest way you can.

:lol: I bow down to you're superior intellect compared to mine, so in layman's terms he supports terroist organisation the facts are there to see ,simple pimple :lol:


Facts ey? Let's have them.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jere ... -gd3tnhmrt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05 ... and-hezbo/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -argentina


Not what I asked for but okay. The first is relating to a protest for fair trial, not inciting terrorism. Between the 1970's & the 1990's, they were all at it behind closed doors. Secret meetings with the IRA. Everything Corbyn did was out in the open & honest.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk ... -wing.html

In regards to the Falklands, Corbyn's always made it clear that there should be a fair shared ownership of the Falklands, and in classic British fashion, we want it all.

Fair play to the Tories mind. They aren't the first political party through the ages to use the media to fuel propaganda.

Keep feeding on what they put down your throat mate. They base their whole campaign on idiots like you swallowing their shit.

Also, your grammar, and your spelling is awful. I'm sure you're already aware.

Ever thought what the Falkland Islanders themselves want?
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: Poll Who you voting for in the General election

Postby dogfound » Thu May 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Jeremy Corbyn was arrested at IRA demo

by Andrew Gilligan

May 14 2017,
The Sunday Times

Jeremy Corbyn was a firebrand protester in the 1980s



Jeremy Corbyn was arrested in 1986 taking part in a protest by IRA sympathisers to “show solidarity” with accused terrorists including the Brighton bomber, a Sunday Times investigation reveals.

Corbyn joined a picket outside the Old Bailey to oppose the “show trial” of a group including Patrick Magee, who was subsequently convicted of murdering five people at the 1984 Tory party conference.

Magee was also convicted with the other defendants of planning a massive bombing campaign in London and seaside resorts.

He is a scumbag


It isn't hard to see you're constantly attacked on this forum Wez. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that would lead anyone to believe you're an educated adult. Honestly. Complete idiot.

Tell me why Corbyn's a scumbag? also what was he protesting against here?

I know you only seem to understand layman's terms, so I'm happy for you to answer in the simplest way you can.

:lol: I bow down to you're superior intellect compared to mine, so in layman's terms he supports terroist organisation the facts are there to see ,simple pimple :lol:


Facts ey? Let's have them.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jere ... -gd3tnhmrt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05 ... and-hezbo/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -argentina


Not what I asked for but okay. The first is relating to a protest for fair trial, not inciting terrorism. Between the 1970's & the 1990's, they were all at it behind closed doors. Secret meetings with the IRA. Everything Corbyn did was out in the open & honest.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk ... -wing.html

In regards to the Falklands, Corbyn's always made it clear that there should be a fair shared ownership of the Falklands, and in classic British fashion, we want it all.

Fair play to the Tories mind. They aren't the first political party through the ages to use the media to fuel propaganda.

Keep feeding on what they put down your throat mate. They base their whole campaign on idiots like you swallowing their shit.

Also, your grammar, and your spelling is awful. I'm sure you're already aware.

Ever thought what the Falkland Islanders themselves want?



they had a vote in 2013 mate . 1513 {99.8%} wanted to remain as an overseas territory of the uk. 3 THREE PEOPLE didnt.
and you have idiots on here calling the tories fascists . chairman jeremy knows best ALWAYS though.
dogfound
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Zabier » Thu May 18, 2017 4:24 pm

BlueDredd, you're right. So many people just believing the propaganda of the right wing press. Keep on believing what the rich elite that own the papers want you to think. It's not like they would have anything to lose if Labour won right?

This argument that the majority are right doesn't wash either. The majority of Germany backed the Nazi Party in the 1930s. It doesn't mean they were right. I'm sure in retrospect they regret that. They simply fell victim to nationalist propaganda.

Also, this term loony lefty. It's a token insult thrown at people who simply believe society deserves better. I don't understand slating people for that. It's doesn't make sense. You're having a go at us for arguing that you deserve to have a better life! Do you see the madness in your stance?

I'll hedge my bet that the vast majority of you lot voting Conservative who earn less than £25k a year read The Daily Mail, Daily Express or The Sun. You won't admit it, that's fair enough. I bet that's true though.

I repeat my earlier sentiments. Where is the logic in backing a party that is inherently against lower earning individuals? Theresa May says the Tories are the party for workers rights? How? They want to scrap the unions, continue zero hour contracts, and May even voted against introducing new workers rights. She says the Tories are the party to deliver Brexit. She doesn't even want it!

I will also add, the bottom line, and this should be the most important issue of all is that the Tories are going to privatise the NHS. Surely, above the personality of Jeremy Corbyn or the different manifestos offered by all parties, that should be the most important concern. They are literally willing to put a price on your health, and even your life. If you're OK with that then by all means, vote Conservative.

Basically, I'll end my view with this. I, and others, are simply arguing against a party that hates those of us that earn less than £25k. There are a percentage of you on here that are then arguing against us for arguing in favour of you being treated better. Yet we are then called the loony lefties? You couldn't make it up!
User avatar
Zabier
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu May 18, 2017 4:34 pm

One thing is sure.

UKIP will be finished after this election. Lib Dems won't be much ahead of them either.
Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter and Instagram.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc
Moderator
 
Posts: 8204
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby dogfound » Thu May 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Zabier wrote:BlueDredd, you're right. So many people just believing the propaganda of the right wing press. Keep on believing what the rich elite that own the papers want you to think. It's not like they would have anything to lose if Labour won right?

This argument that the majority are right doesn't wash either. The majority of Germany backed the Nazi Party in the 1930s. It doesn't mean they were right. I'm sure in retrospect they regret that. They simply fell victim to nationalist propaganda.

Also, this term loony lefty. It's a token insult thrown at people who simply believe society deserves better. I don't understand slating people for that. It's doesn't make sense. You're having a go at us for arguing that you deserve to have a better life! Do you see the madness in your stance?

I'll hedge my bet that the vast majority of you lot voting Conservative who earn less than £25k a year read The Daily Mail, Daily Express or The Sun. You won't admit it, that's fair enough. I bet that's true though.

I repeat my earlier sentiments. Where is the logic in backing a party that is inherently against lower earning individuals? Theresa May says the Tories are the party for workers rights? How? They want to scrap the unions, continue zero hour contracts, and May even voted against introducing new workers rights. She says the Tories are the party to deliver Brexit. She doesn't even want it!

I will also add, the bottom line, and this should be the most important issue of all is that the Tories are going to privatise the NHS. Surely, above the personality of Jeremy Corbyn or the different manifestos offered by all parties, that should be the most important concern. They are literally willing to put a price on your health, and even your life. If you're OK with that then by all means, vote Conservative.

Basically, I'll end my view with this. I, and others, are simply arguing against a party that hates those of us that earn less than £25k. There are a percentage of you on here that are then arguing against us for arguing in favour of you being treated better. Yet we are then called the loony lefties? You couldn't make it up!



YOUR COMPARISON TO GERMANY IS SPOT ON
CORBYN DOESNT TAKE ADVICE AND CANNOT BE TOLD BY ANYONE AND WHEN OUSTED BY A MASSIVE VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE HE REMAINED LEADER NOT WITH THE SUPORT OF DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED MPS.BUT ONLY WITH THE BACKING OF THE RELATIVELY SMALL MEMBERSHIP.
BUT OF COURSE YOU KNOW FAR BETTER THAN THOSE WHO WORK WITH HIM EVERY DAY AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIM.
dogfound
 
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Zabier wrote:BlueDredd, you're right. So many people just believing the propaganda of the right wing press. Keep on believing what the rich elite that own the papers want you to think. It's not like they would have anything to lose if Labour won right?

This argument that the majority are right doesn't wash either. The majority of Germany backed the Nazi Party in the 1930s. It doesn't mean they were right. I'm sure in retrospect they regret that. They simply fell victim to nationalist propaganda.

Also, this term loony lefty. It's a token insult thrown at people who simply believe society deserves better. I don't understand slating people for that. It's doesn't make sense. You're having a go at us for arguing that you deserve to have a better life! Do you see the madness in your stance?

I'll hedge my bet that the vast majority of you lot voting Conservative who earn less than £25k a year read The Daily Mail, Daily Express or The Sun. You won't admit it, that's fair enough. I bet that's true though.

I repeat my earlier sentiments. Where is the logic in backing a party that is inherently against lower earning individuals? Theresa May says the Tories are the party for workers rights? How? They want to scrap the unions, continue zero hour contracts, and May even voted against introducing new workers rights. She says the Tories are the party to deliver Brexit. She doesn't even want it!

I will also add, the bottom line, and this should be the most important issue of all is that the Tories are going to privatise the NHS. Surely, above the personality of Jeremy Corbyn or the different manifestos offered by all parties, that should be the most important concern. They are literally willing to put a price on your health, and even your life. If you're OK with that then by all means, vote Conservative.

Basically, I'll end my view with this. I, and others, are simply arguing against a party that hates those of us that earn less than £25k. There are a percentage of you on here that are then arguing against us for arguing in favour of you being treated better. Yet we are then called the loony lefties? You couldn't make it up!

Don't ever remember myself being any better off under previous Labour governments. I remember rampant inflation under them, I remember the piles of rubbish covering our streets and schools being unable to open, funerals unable to take place. What did they call it, the Winter if discontent or something. I'm not saying the Conservatives are anything brilliant, but this country never exactly prospers when Labour get in. Whoever wins, most people will see hardly any change in their living standards.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby Zabier » Thu May 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Times have changed though, Steve. These aren't the 1970s. The global, political, and social climate is entirely different now. Don't get me wrong, I understand the fear. This Labour government is far more left than the previous. New Labour was Tory-lite. Even previous Labour governments haven't had the right policies.

I don't understand why people are so critical of policies that promote so much good for the majority but are then willing to overlook policies by other parties that are so negative towards the majority. If you put the Labour policies side by side with the Tory ones do you honestly still think you'd say the Tory policies are more beneficial to the majority of this country?

Please avoid using the "living in dream land" argument. Just because we want better for the majority does not make it a fantasy land. I've heard people say the Labour manifesto's costs don't add up. At least they go into detail about how they aim to generate the funds and cover costs. I didn't see any justification when the Tories spent billions upon billions on renewing Trident, proposing a referendum that could lead to a $64 billion Brexit divorce fee, and even more billions on a controversial nuclear power station that will be managed by the Chinese.

What is it about our society that leads people to be so vitriolic to policies and ideas that will help them yet cautiously optimistic about policies that clearly won't benefit them?

I am still interested to hear what it is about this Tory government under May that makes the average person in the street want to vote for them? I'm not being antagonistic. I genuinely want to know because so far the reasons I have heard don't make sense. Voting them to deliver Brexit when it was Corbyn that wanted to leave and May that wanted to remain. Voting them for strong and stable government... even though every action May has carried out has been erratic, paranoid, and foolish. Voting them because they will be better for the working class than Labour? You only need to read the contrasting policies to realise that's just not true.

So please do inform me why the average person wants to vote Tory? Also, slagging off Jeremy Corbyn isn't an option. Even if you think he's a c**t there are plenty of options that simply aren't Tory that would be far better for you to vote. If I am clueless and out of touch then help me see what I am missing.
User avatar
Zabier
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales.

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Postby The nations Capitol » Thu May 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Left wing = vermin.
The nations Capitol
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 10:03 am

PreviousNext


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 7777 glt, arabellaman, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], bluebird58, bluespeers, Dessy1927, Google [Bot], Igovernor, Jules, KBK-13, mikeyblue, newblue57, Pidgeofcdf, Rock the Casbah, Yahoo [Bot] and 217 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.