Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Poll Who you voting for in the general election

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Jock wrote:Twice I've asked you about Corbyns plans to nationalise Railtrack, power and Water industries and how he intends to finance it, it's not costed in their manifesto and obviously would cost tens of billions. For a Corbynista you have been strangely silent on this and on his ludicrous claim that financing them by issuing secured government bonds isn't borrowing. Your clearly young and blinded by an evangelical zeal to see Corbyn elected PM a word of advice from an old cynic, politicians always let you down ;)

Strangely enough you have answered your own question :lol: The Nationalisation of Railways, Power and Water would be paid for from secured Government bonds. Yes that's borrowed money and it says so in the manifesto.

What your overlooking is that once Nationalised the profits generated would go to the Treasury and not parasite shareholders :roll: also Tax avoidance from these industries would be solved at one stroke.

There is no excuse anymore for these utilities to remain in private hands, they are vital infrastructure and belong to us all.

Communist! You're be saying there should be a national goverment bank next oh wait for it !

Is that the best you can do? :lol: Obviously you haven't been keeping up with the news for the past decade as most of the big banks have been under Government control since 2008 including 7 years under the Tories :laughing5:

Labour bought them the tories been selling them off ,come on just admit you want britain to be a communist country

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:22 pm

I'm disabled and struggling to make interest only mortgage payments so as someone who should be looking at voting labour I'm afraid to do so, with Corbyn in charge and his self admitted Hamas and Hezbollah “friends and pacifist outlook to terrorists I hope he never gets into power, yes he wants to end poverty, doesn't everyone, but where does he get the money to pay for all of his plans, even by hitting the richer more it won't come close to paying for his plans, the only way he can do anything is by borrowing huge amounts of money that sometime or other our children and grandchildren will end up paying for, no thanks very much. Until Labour sorts itself out and gets rid of its loonies I'll vote Conservative

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Carpman wrote:I'm disabled and struggling to make interest only mortgage payments so as someone who should be looking at voting labour I'm afraid to do so, with Corbyn in charge and his self admitted Hamas and Hezbollah “friends and pacifist outlook to terrorists I hope he never gets into power, yes he wants to end poverty, doesn't everyone, but where does he get the money to pay for all of his plans, even by hitting the richer more it won't come close to paying for his plans, the only way he can do anything is by borrowing huge amounts of money that sometime or other our children and grandchildren will end up paying for, no thanks very much. Until Labour sorts itself out and gets rid of its loonies I'll vote Conservative

Dad thats not you ? :lol: only joking but what you are saying my dad was only saying this morning

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Jock wrote:Why should someone who either works harder or is cleverer than yourself pay a larger percentage of their income in tax.

And who decides whose worked harder and is more intelligent? The comment above would seem to rule you out of the latter that's for sure.

The system isn't perfect but it's better than nothing. Often I think of construction workers in their 50's and 60's such as Hod Carriers who literally broke their backs working hard only to find themselves disabled in middle age. They paid into the system but must now go through humiliating Work Capability Assessments before they receive a penny.

It takes all sorts to make a society but what you can't have is the utter selfish naïve comment that you made above. If you want to benefit from society then you pay your fair share. That means if you earn more you pay more.

Despite my lack of intelligence I've managed to get myself into a position of self reliance, btw I worked in construction for over 40years and have the aches and pains that go with it. My point was why should the "successful" pay a larger percentage because all that does is provide more work for accountants who look for loopholes to legally avoid tax. We need a safety net to help people who've fallen on hard times however the system is too often abused by the lazy and feckless, consequently genuine cases suffer the indignity of WCAs.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:16 pm

Jock wrote:
Jock wrote:Why should someone who either works harder or is cleverer than yourself pay a larger percentage of their income in tax.

And who decides whose worked harder and is more intelligent? The comment above would seem to rule you out of the latter that's for sure.

The system isn't perfect but it's better than nothing. Often I think of construction workers in their 50's and 60's such as Hod Carriers who literally broke their backs working hard only to find themselves disabled in middle age. They paid into the system but must now go through humiliating Work Capability Assessments before they receive a penny.

It takes all sorts to make a society but what you can't have is the utter selfish naïve comment that you made above. If you want to benefit from society then you pay your fair share. That means if you earn more you pay more.

Despite my lack of intelligence I've managed to get myself into a position of self reliance, btw I worked in construction for over 40years and have the aches and pains that go with it. My point was why should the "successful" pay a larger percentage because all that does is provide more work for accountants who look for loopholes to legally avoid tax. We need a safety net to help people who've fallen on hard times however the system is too often abused by the lazy and feckless, consequently genuine cases suffer the indignity of WCAs.

Sorry Jock but that is total BS and too dissmissive. The Tories sold the excuse that they were after the benefit fraudsters to get the bill down.So what happened,they wished they hadn't because all they did was to uncover the fact that a huge amount weren't claiming what they were entitled to.The Daily Mail is a favourite for the benefit cheat stories yet overall these people represent a tiny minority of the total benefits bill.What this rag has managed though is to convince a lot of people just the opposite.Like you I've worked all my life and now enjoy a good pension and basically I'm bomb proof or in other words "I'm alright Jack".Where we differ is I don't mind contributing a little extra so people in a less fortunate position can get access to services that would otherwise not be available to them.What the Tories call "hard choices" and "difficult decisions" is just "Toryspeak" which means abject poverty and misery for thousands.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:

Sorry Jock but that is total BS and too dissmissive. The Tories sold the excuse that they were after the benefit fraudsters to get the bill down.So what happened,they wished they hadn't because all they did was to uncover the fact that a huge amount weren't claiming what they were entitled to.The Daily Mail is a favourite for the benefit cheat stories yet overall these people represent a tiny minority of the total benefits bill.What this rag has managed though is to convince a lot of people just the opposite.Like you I've worked all my life and now enjoy a good pension and basically I'm bomb proof or in other words "I'm alright Jack".Where we differ is I don't mind contributing a little extra so people in a less fortunate position can get access to services that would otherwise not be available to them.What the Tories call "hard choices" and "difficult decisions" is just "Toryspeak" which means abject poverty and misery for thousands.

I don't read the Mail I formed my opinion on personal experience. I'm also aware the amounts are relatively small compared to what the bankers stole from all of us.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Carpman wrote:I'm disabled and struggling to make interest only mortgage payments so as someone who should be looking at voting labour I'm afraid to do so, with Corbyn in charge and his self admitted Hamas and Hezbollah “friends and pacifist outlook to terrorists I hope he never gets into power, yes he wants to end poverty, doesn't everyone, but where does he get the money to pay for all of his plans, even by hitting the richer more it won't come close to paying for his plans, the only way he can do anything is by borrowing huge amounts of money that sometime or other our children and grandchildren will end up paying for, no thanks very much. Until Labour sorts itself out and gets rid of its loonies I'll vote Conservative

Dad thats not you ? :lol: only joking but what you are saying my dad was only saying this morning

Intelligent man your dad then :occasion5:

Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:57 am

I am far from an admirer of Theresa May but Corbyn would be a total disaster for this country.

What do people think will happen when he raises the minimum wage, corporation tax and income tax?? It won't be the big corporations that will be hit the hardest, it will be the millions of medium/small SMEs who will have to cut jobs and do everything they can to save themselves from going bust.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:13 am

Jimbo27 wrote:I am far from an admirer of Theresa May but Corbyn would be a total disaster for this country.

What do people think will happen when he raises the minimum wage, corporation tax and income tax?? It won't be the big corporations that will be hit the hardest, it will be the millions of medium/small SMEs who will have to cut jobs and do everything they can to save themselves from going bust.

Totally agree i will be 16 k down straight away

Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:45 am

on the nail - the middle classes are the target for the Tories and Labour, who else pays?

I have this argument with public sector workers I know, who look slightly confused when I tell them I'm paying their pension and paid holidays, whilst having to also fund my own, and could I have a contribution from them for it.

Oddly, they don't seem to want to donate, but want even more from me. In fact, freeze their pay, and they're downright offended.

Jeremy Corbyn is a classic example of this - has never made a penny for Britain, but has always been a taker, and the Labour Party is full of them, useless outside of the Union bar.

Parasite is the term I think - at least the Nurses and Firemen etc provide a service.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:54 pm

rumpo kid wrote:on the nail - the middle classes are the target for the Tories and Labour, who else pays?

I have this argument with public sector workers I know, who look slightly confused when I tell them I'm paying their pension and paid holidays, whilst having to also fund my own, and could I have a contribution from them for it.

Oddly, they don't seem to want to donate, but want even more from me. In fact, freeze their pay, and they're downright offended.

Jeremy Corbyn is a classic example of this - has never made a penny for Britain, but has always been a taker, and the Labour Party is full of them, useless outside of the Union bar.

Parasite is the term I think - at least the Nurses and Firemen etc provide a service.

Doctors
Firemen
Police
Ambulance men
Nurses
Social Workers
The Armed Forces
Teachers

These are the public sector workers you refer to.

odd they should find you offensive.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:14 pm

Dave67 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:on the nail - the middle classes are the target for the Tories and Labour, who else pays?

Doctors
Firemen
Police
Ambulance men
Nurses
Social Workers
The Armed Forces
Teachers

And if we were to cut the sickness from all of the above we would all be far better off!

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:47 am

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Jock wrote:Twice I've asked you about Corbyns plans to nationalise Railtrack, power and Water industries and how he intends to finance it, it's not costed in their manifesto and obviously would cost tens of billions. For a Corbynista you have been strangely silent on this and on his ludicrous claim that financing them by issuing secured government bonds isn't borrowing. Your clearly young and blinded by an evangelical zeal to see Corbyn elected PM a word of advice from an old cynic, politicians always let you down ;)

Strangely enough you have answered your own question :lol: The Nationalisation of Railways, Power and Water would be paid for from secured Government bonds. Yes that's borrowed money and it says so in the manifesto.

What your overlooking is that once Nationalised the profits generated would go to the Treasury and not parasite shareholders :roll: also Tax avoidance from these industries would be solved at one stroke.

There is no excuse anymore for these utilities to remain in private hands, they are vital infrastructure and belong to us all.

Communist! You're be saying there should be a national goverment bank next oh wait for it !

Is that the best you can do? :lol: Obviously you haven't been keeping up with the news for the past decade as most of the big banks have been under Government control since 2008 including 7 years under the Tories :laughing5:

Labour bought them the tories been selling them off ,come on just admit you want britain to be a communist country

Another belter from Wez. What the f**k goes through your head when you type?.. Shocking

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:54 am

BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Another belter from Wez. What the f**k goes through your head when you type?.. Shocking

Which big banks are under government control, and who was in power when the banks needed bailing out?

Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:04 am

BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Its the truth labour bailed the banks out and then the tories have been trying to sell them back off ,wake up ffs

Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:28 am

wez1927 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Its the truth labour bailed the banks out and then the tories have been trying to sell them back off ,wake up ffs

The government has no interest in Lloyds or what was Lloyds HBOS at the time, Northern Rock is now part of Virgin, some of Bradford & Bingley became part of HSBC if i remember correctly, and part of it was nationalised, and as far as I am aware only RBS still needs sorting out. Labour were in power at the time everything went pear shaped, although to be fair it would'nt have made much difference as this was part of a global crisis. I don't think there is much point in bringing banking into this debate, because whoever was and has been in power since, would probably have dealt with things pretty much the same. Bad sales practice and compensation claims are something different though, but we have been through that already on this forum so no point in repeating all that again.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:35 am

You should be fighting for your right to a proper pension and rights, not fighting for others to lose theirs. People like you in this country are the reason for the lack of worker rights, blame each other instead of joining forces and fighting for what's right. And no I'm not a public sector worker but can appreciate that they are the reason this country doesn't grind to a halt.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:52 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:

You should be fighting for your right to a proper pension and rights, not fighting for others to lose theirs. People like you in this country are the reason for the lack of worker rights, blame each other instead of joining forces and fighting for what's right. And no I'm not a public sector worker but can appreciate that they are the reason this country doesn't grind to a halt.

Many people thought they were building up a nice pension pot only to see it raided by Brown when he realised that as with most Labour governments he was never going to get anywhere near the money he had forecast from tax increases. He is the reason why so many companies no longer offer a final salary pension scheme.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Dave67 wrote:

Doctors
Firemen
Police
Ambulance men
Nurses
Social Workers
The Armed Forces
Teachers

PSPs Public Sector parasites are not those listed above, they are the millions of bean counters and paper shufflers, they are the time servers who contribute nothing with their non jobs but take a salary and pension when they've finished their worthless careers. Their numbers would be massively increased if the Corbynistas ever gained power.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:34 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:

So when the public sector workers were striking and waving banners saying fair pensions for all they were fighting for my pension? :lol: they live in Lala Land and deserve fekk all.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:52 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:

Many people thought they were building up a nice pension pot only to see it raided by Brown when he realised that as with most Labour governments he was never going to get anywhere near the money he had forecast from tax increases. He is the reason why so many companies no longer offer a final salary pension scheme.

Brown was a prick for that, hence why New Labour are seen as Tory Lite as they followed their Neo Liberal policies. They have carried on raiding pensions since they got into power.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Jock wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:

So when the public sector workers were striking and waving banners saying fair pensions for all they were fighting for my pension? :lol: they live in Lala Land and deserve fekk all.

They were fighting for pensions for all as you said :clap: :laughing5:

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:59 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:

They were fighting for pensions for all as you said :clap: :laughing5:

Sorry for being a bit thick but how did a load of fat lazy munters waving placards improve my pension, I thought I put every penny in myself.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:30 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:

If you've got a boss you need a union

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Liam Byrne's note said it all.

Speaking to guys on the sites, they reckon the Labour Party has deserted the working man, and seems more interested in political correctness.

TM just seems slightly less incompetent than Corbyn - not a great endorsement for either of them.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:14 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Liam Byrne's note said it all.

Speaking to guys on the sites, they reckon the Labour Party has deserted the working man, and seems more interested in political correctness.

TM just seems slightly less incompetent than Corbyn - not a great endorsement for either of them.

Agree

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Liam Byrne's note said it all.

Agree

Neither inspire a massive amount of confidence. The views we in Wales have are not shared around the UK apart from London and one or two other regions. Labour will remain in power down the Bay, the Conservatives will remain in power in Westminster, and even if this was completely reversed none of us would notice any huge difference in the way we live. We know in advance that neither party will, or can live up to their manifesto. Have to think of other things to discuss from Friday on.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Jock wrote:PSPs Public Sector parasites are not those listed above, they are the millions of bean counters and paper shufflers, they are the time servers who contribute nothing with their non jobs but take a salary and pension when they've finished their worthless careers.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:15 pm

They'll pay for it by taxing the rich, and stopping the large corporation gravy train.

Can't believe I'm reading that Welsh people are voting Tory. Insanity. You're literally voting for a party that doesn't give a shit about you.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:28 pm

CF3BLUE wrote:They'll pay for it by taxing the rich, and stopping the large corporation gravy train.

Can't believe I'm reading that Welsh people are voting Tory. Insanity. You're literally voting for a party that doesn't give a shit about you.

They have tried this before. It did'nt work then, why is it likely to work now?