Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Poll Who you voting for in the general election

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: ' Poll ' Who you voting for in the General election?

Wed May 31, 2017 5:56 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Zabier wrote:Wez, you realise the vast majority of those comments came under previous Labour governments... the very individuals that formed that government have by and large tried to oppose Corbyn over the years. This Labour cannot even compare to the previous Labour government. I even see the odd bizarre "fact" that Labour councils are the largest users of zero hour contracts? Is that the state of the Tory defence? It's even criticising its own policies!

That's the frustrating thing about this election. Every negative thrown at Corbyn and Labour is about the past. Corbyn's alleged sympathies to the IRA, Corbyn's comments in the 1980s about war, Labour's previous governments etc. On that basis, shall we bring Thatcher into it and mention about what she did? No. Let's focus on the here and now. Let's focus on what THIS Tory government has done for seven years, continues to do now, and plans to do after this election. Let's focus on what Labour plans to do if it is voted in. This is 2017.

History teaches us that labour will say something and do another sorry but they cant be trusted ,corbyn will take the country to a communist hell hole

And the Tories are amazing at carrying out promises :laughing5:

They've promised to cut immigration to the tens of thousands 3 times and it's gone up not down :laughing5:
Let's face it none of them have a scoobie, but personally I'd rather a Labour government with it's heart in the right place, even if some of their heads are not (Abbott), than a snide and dangerous Tory government who will sell anything the country owns of value to a mixture of their friends and foreign governments and who's health minister (Hunt) has written and spoken about how he wants to privatise the NHS.

They said they'd cut the deficit too. Despite cutting back on every public service imaginable, they have made the deficit larger than any Government in UK history :roll: Since the Tories have been in charge of the country, the debt has risen by an unthinkable £550 billion!

See through the media propaganda and Vote Labour

Wed May 31, 2017 6:09 pm

ffs wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Zabier wrote:Wez, you realise the vast majority of those comments came under previous Labour governments... the very individuals that formed that government have by and large tried to oppose Corbyn over the years. This Labour cannot even compare to the previous Labour government. I even see the odd bizarre "fact" that Labour councils are the largest users of zero hour contracts? Is that the state of the Tory defence? It's even criticising its own policies!

That's the frustrating thing about this election. Every negative thrown at Corbyn and Labour is about the past. Corbyn's alleged sympathies to the IRA, Corbyn's comments in the 1980s about war, Labour's previous governments etc. On that basis, shall we bring Thatcher into it and mention about what she did? No. Let's focus on the here and now. Let's focus on what THIS Tory government has done for seven years, continues to do now, and plans to do after this election. Let's focus on what Labour plans to do if it is voted in. This is 2017.

History teaches us that labour will say something and do another sorry but they cant be trusted ,corbyn will take the country to a communist hell hole

They've promised to cut immigration to the tens of thousands 3 times and it's gone up not down :laughing5:
Let's face it none of them have a scoobie, but personally I'd rather a Labour government with it's heart in the right place, even if some of their heads are not (Abbott), than a snide and dangerous Tory government who will sell anything the country owns of value to a mixture of their friends and foreign governments and who's health minister (Hunt) has written and spoken about how he wants to privatise the NHS.

They said they'd cut the deficit too. Despite cutting back on every public service imaginable, they have made the deficit larger than any Government in UK history :roll: Since the Tories have been in charge of the country, the debt has risen by an unthinkable £550 billion!

Perhaps they should have done what Gordon Brown did and steal around £150 billion from our pension funds. That is the reason why so many companies no longer offer a final salary pension scheme. One good way of hiding a huge deficit I suppose.

Wed May 31, 2017 6:19 pm

ffs wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

The debt has risen but the deficit is down year on year,but isnt 300 billion of the debt due to the nhs and pfi liabilities ?

Wed May 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
castleblue wrote:Well JC must be doing something right as the latest YouGov poll has the tory lead down to just 3%. The sample size was over 53,000.

Squeaky bum time at Conservative Head Office after reading that I bet.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

And even the Labour party themselves are paying no attention to that poll because of the error margins involved. Another poll shows them 10 points ahead. I know one thing for certain, I have never been contacted for an opinion, and as far as I am aware nobody else I know has either.

Your right that another poll has the lead at 10% against a sample size of 1200. The poll showing the lead at 3% has a sample size of 53,000. Opinion polls do tend to have a margin of error but when your talking a sample of 53,000. There is a move to Labour that must have Tory HQ worried.

I know I would be if I were in TM boots.

Wed May 31, 2017 8:00 pm

castleblue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
castleblue wrote:Well JC must be doing something right as the latest YouGov poll has the tory lead down to just 3%. The sample size was over 53,000.

Squeaky bum time at Conservative Head Office after reading that I bet.

And even the Labour party themselves are paying no attention to that poll because of the error margins involved. Another poll shows them 10 points ahead. I know one thing for certain, I have never been contacted for an opinion, and as far as I am aware nobody else I know has either.

Your right that another poll has the lead at 10% against a sample size of 1200. The poll showing the lead at 3% has a sample size of 53,000. Opinion polls do tend to have a margin of error but when your talking a sample of 53,000. There is a move to Labour that must have Tory HQ worried.

I know I would be if I were in TM boots.

This is the same company that predicted Ed Milliband would be our PM, and yet he was absolutely destroyed when it came to counting the votes. Most are predicting that Corbyn won't do as badly as Milliband did, and that is about as much as they are predicting.

Wed May 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Simple. If you voted Leave & want Brexit then you have to vote Conservative or UKIP whoever is in the best position to win the seat. Any other vote is for an anti Brexit coalition that will block Brexit.

With Corbyn and his IRA connection, Abbott, McDonnell, etc. Can you imagine them running this country? Frightening !

Wed May 31, 2017 9:52 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Simple. If you voted Leave & want Brexit then you have to vote Conservative or UKIP whoever is in the best position to win the seat. Any other vote is for an anti Brexit coalition that will block Brexit.

With Corbyn and his IRA connection, Abbott, McDonnell, etc. Can you imagine them running this country? Frightening !

Ageee

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:52 am

Labour have moved ahead in this poll... I'm sure a Tory moderater will ensure it's removed shortly :lol:

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:54 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Simple. If you voted Leave & want Brexit then you have to vote Conservative or UKIP whoever is in the best position to win the seat. Any other vote is for an anti Brexit coalition that will block Brexit.

Everything you're saying is pure Tory bile. No substance to it, you're just copying everything May says.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:00 am

BlueDredd wrote:

Everything you're saying is pure Tory bile. No substance to it, you're just copying everything May says.

Toey bile ? Thats why most normal people think you lefties are looney

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:55 am

wez1927 wrote:

Ageee

Total nonsense. If you voted leave and really wanted it. The only vote you have is lib dems. As they hold another vote on the deal so we get the chance to make so we get the brexit we want. Mark my words if toties win there be no real brexit other than in name. Way to many leave voters are leaning to the left and going soft. Make you vote mean something for brexit don't let may (a remainer ) do what she likes.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:35 am

Someone pointed out that these two are never seen in the same room... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:20 am

wez1927 wrote:The debt has risen but the deficit is down year on year,but isnt 300 billion of the debt due to the nhs and pfi liabilities ?

The deficit (the difference between tax raised and monies spent by the Government) has slowly reduced since 2010 but is still around the £65billion mark.

The Tories have borrowed more in 7 years than every other previous Labour Government combined and of course they pledged to eliminate the deficit by 2015, which they failed miserably to do so.

This despite continually hitting the less well off with welfare cuts and pay freezes they did find money to lower corporation tax and reduce the top level of income tax (for those earning over £150,000pa) from 50p in the £ to 45p.

Yet we still here the corrupt narrative that they are the only party who can manage the economy :banghead:

They are and have always been full of shit and their only concern is looking after the mega rich.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:27 am

Hotdogboy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Ageee

Total nonsense. If you voted leave and really wanted it. The only vote you have is lib dems. As they hold another vote on the deal so we get the chance to make so we get the brexit we want. Mark my words if toties win there be no real brexit other than in name. Way to many leave voters are leaning to the left and going soft. Make you vote mean something for brexit don't let may (a remainer ) do what she likes.

I agree if the Tories win they will completely f**k up the BREXIT process. Theresa May is weak and wobbly and will crumble at the first sign of a problem. Even if she can hold it together she will eventually give in and pay the divorce bill because she is desperate to have access to the single market to avoid an economic crash which she would have to deal with. Remember TM for all her rhetoric campaigned for remain in last years referendum so how the hell is she the best bet to deliver total BREXIT?

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:10 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Hotdogboy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Ageee

I agree if the Tories win they will completely f**k up the BREXIT process. Theresa May is weak and wobbly and will crumble at the first sign of a problem. Even if she can hold it together she will eventually give in and pay the divorce bill because she is desperate to have access to the single market to avoid an economic crash which she would have to deal with. Remember TM for all her rhetoric campaigned for remain in last years referendum so how the hell is she the best bet to deliver total BREXIT?

Most leave voters don't actually want it now, which is shown in the clear lack of interest in holding the government accountable with a vote for a hard brexit. Unfortunately most don't have the backbone for it and voted leave just as a protest not expecting to win, it's also shown here with the so called hard brexit posters who have no interest in holding them accountable. We will remain in the eu in all but name unfortunately.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:12 am

wez1927 wrote:The debt has risen but the deficit is down year on year,but isnt 300 billion of the debt due to the nhs and pfi liabilities ?

The deficit (the difference between tax raised and monies spent by the Government) has slowly reduced since 2010 but is still around the £65billion mark.

The Tories have borrowed more in 7 years than every other previous Labour Government combined and of course they pledged to eliminate the deficit by 2015, which they failed miserably to do so.

This despite continually hitting the less well off with welfare cuts and pay freezes they did find money to lower corporation tax and reduce the top level of income tax (for those earning over £150,000pa) from 50p in the £ to 45p.

Yet we still here the corrupt narrative that they are the only party who can manage the economy :banghead:

They are and have always been full of shit and their only concern is looking after the mega rich.

Have to agree with you post.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:47 pm

For me this election is simple unless you earn over £80,000 a year you will either pay the same tax rate or possibly less if Labour changes how council tax works.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:56 pm

ccfc97 wrote:For me this election is simple unless you earn over £80,000 a year you will either pay the same tax rate or possibly less if Labour changes how council tax works.

Thats bull shit prove it

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Okay I will, Labour have promised in their manifesto that only the top 5% will have an increase in taxation. The boundary for the top 5% is actually £70,000 (my bad).

Secondly if you look into what the Land value tax actually is you would discover that it is a taxation based on the value of the land you own. For example if you live in a council house and therefore do not own your home then your 'council tax' will dissapear.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:09 pm

I can provided tables and articles if you need

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Hotdogboy wrote:
Hotdogboy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Ageee

Most leave voters don't actually want it now, which is shown in the clear lack of interest in holding the government accountable with a vote for a hard brexit. Unfortunately most don't have the backbone for it and voted leave just as a protest not expecting to win, it's also shown here with the so called hard brexit posters who have no interest in holding them accountable. We will remain in the eu in all but name unfortunately.

Everyone I know who voted leave still want to leave and some remainers are so sick of Junkers, Merkel and Tusk they now want to leave, obviously that's just my own experience and not a proper survey like the one you carried out.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:14 pm

ccfc97 wrote:Okay I will, Labour have promised in their manifesto that only the top 5% will have an increase in taxation. The boundary for the top 5% is actually £70,000 (my bad).

Secondly if you look into what the Land value tax actually is you would discover that it is a taxation based on the value of the land you own. For example if you live in a council house and therefore do not own your home then your 'council tax' will dissapear.

If Labour have promised it that's ok then. After all, every past Labour government have kept to their pledges of making money appear out of thin air. :lol:

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
ccfc97 wrote:Okay I will, Labour have promised in their manifesto that only the top 5% will have an increase in taxation. The boundary for the top 5% is actually £70,000 (my bad).

If Labour have promised it that's ok then. After all, every past Labour government have kept to their pledges of making money appear out of thin air. :lol:

But if you look at the Labour manifesto it's completely costed meaning it clearly shows us where the money is coming from.

If we're going on about trust I'm not sure May is the best canditate to believe, she's broken a promise in here manifesto before the election itself, as far as I'm aware that's got to be a record

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:23 pm

ccfc97 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

But if you look at the Labour manifesto it's completely costed meaning it clearly shows us where the money is coming from.

If we're going on about trust I'm not sure May is the best canditate to believe, she's broken a promise in here manifesto before the election itself, as far as I'm aware that's got to be a record

How can it have been completely costed. They have said how much extra they will get from corporation tax. How do they work that one out. They don't know how our economy is going to perform when we leave the EU, and they don't know how profitable our big businesses will be. They told us that our economy would fall off the edge of a cliff if we left the EU, so if they are correct with that one, how will our businesses rake in the profits to raise the additional tax.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:32 pm

There figures cannot be 100% accurate that I cannot deny but those figures have been worked out by people much cleverer than myself using models and data that I don't have.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:35 pm

ccfc97 wrote:There figures cannot be 100% accurate that I cannot deny but those figures have been worked out by people much cleverer than myself using models and data that I don't have.

They are about as accurate as a letter to Santa Clause, and that goes for the Conservatives as well. They have both come out with a wish list, that neither have a cat in hells chance of achieving, as has been the case in every previous election campaign over the last 50 years.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:39 pm

ccfc97 wrote:There figures cannot be 100% accurate that I cannot deny but those figures have been worked out by people much cleverer than myself using models and data that I don't have.

So do you agree with Jeremy that government bonds are not loans :lol:

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:41 pm

There would be a clear % of accuracy in these calculation that would be known within Labour. But at least Labour have provide costing for the manifesto. The conservatives have done nothing of the sort.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:45 pm

ccfc97 wrote:There would be a clear % of accuracy in these calculation that would be known within Labour. But at least Labour have provide costing for the manifesto. The conservatives have done nothing of the sort.

You sound like someone who has been brainwashed, but at least you are voting for who you believe in and that is fair enough. Over time, you will realise that whichever party you vote for, the outcome will be very different to the one you expected. They all make promises that they can't possibly keep.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Look at these
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.